PG Music Home
Posted By: camog Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/18/19 08:11 AM
Here's a little bluesy number I've been messing around with lately - called "Glidin' Slidin' "!

https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/glidin-slidin

Carl
Posted By: sslechta Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/18/19 05:39 PM
Hey Carl, sounds pretty good. Do you have any more info you can provide on this one? Such info as MIDI/RealTracks styles and instruments used would be great. Thanks!
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/19/19 04:08 AM
Hi Steve, thanks a lot for listening and for your comment - the style is Slow Minor Blues w Harmonica, my own chords!

This style only contained the Dobro and drums (I muted the harmonica) - so I added my own bass track with Upright Bass in Spectrasonics Trilian, my own Wurli Keyb chords (2 tracks) with Lounge Lizzard EP4 & Pianoteq Wurli Trem combined, my own ac guitar track with Taylor K26ce into a Microtech M300 condenser mic/Golden Age Pre 73 Carnhill/Comp 54 compressor, and finally my own el slide guitar track using a Heritage Les Paul Gold Top with heavy strings straight into the same Golden Age combo (no amp of any kind) with 2C Audio Precedence & Breeze2 reverb on the track - recorded in Logic Pro X on MacBook Pro i7 and mastered rather quickly using iZotope Ozone 8/ Tonal Balance Control.

I enjoy using Dobro in BB as you can create chord sequences in any key - not so easily done on a real Dobro!

Best, Carl
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/19/19 04:56 AM
Hi Camlog,

this is a very cool one and I really enjoyed the listen. Very nice sounding laid-back thing.

Thanks a lot for giving the musical data - it's always interesting to know how great stuff like this one was put together.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/19/19 05:03 AM
Thanks so much for your nice comment Stefan - much appreciated, glad you like my bluesy bossa!

Best regards, Carl
Posted By: sslechta Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/19/19 11:27 AM
Thanks for adding that info Carl. I have that Lounge Lizard plugin as well. Nice to see how many of the instruments you played yourself. Keep up the great work sir!
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/19/19 11:55 AM
I have struggled for some time Steve to find a good Wurli sound from plugins - I finally settled on using the 2 together which I described above. Did a lot of experimenting with various settings - as I did with the Soundtoys Tremolator plugin which is on the Heritage Les Paul Gold Top slide guitar, the best plugin I have come across for that sound.
If I need to use a guitar amp (always hand-wired valve amps), then I use the very best of all for tremolo: Fulltone Supa-Trem 2 - as recommended by Bo Ramsey (I'm a fan!!). Cheers Steve, C
Posted By: Jim Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/19/19 01:39 PM
I really like the melody on this piece...
I think it would also make a great backing track for a cinematic production...
Maybe a western?
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/19/19 02:44 PM
Hi Jim, thanks so much for your kind comment!!
WOW, backing for a cinematic production is not something I had ever considered - but who knows what might happen?
Interesting how we all hear something different in music.
I'm really pleased you like my bluesy tune, thank you for listening!
Best regards, Carl
Posted By: Scott C Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/20/19 09:26 AM
Very cool. Guitar sounds great. Backtrack was well done as well.. Nice listen.
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/20/19 02:36 PM
Glad you liked "Glidin' Slidin' " Scott - thanks very much for listening and for your nice comment!
I have just today installed Ozone 9 Advanced on my MacBook Pro, and it's made a great difference to Mastering my projects - incl this one! Don't know whether to post it as "Glidin' Slidin' v2" on Soundcloud?
Cheers from the UK, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/20/19 03:29 PM
New re-mastered version now on Soundcloud - using iZotope Ozone 9 Advanced, slightly fuller sound and slight increase in volume!
Still learning this end so please excuse the double versions posts. Carl
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/20/19 05:46 PM
Link to re-mastered v2:

https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/glidin-slidin-v-2-re-mastered

Carl
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/20/19 08:18 PM
Nice job, very mellow for slide, I enjoyed it
Posted By: Teletwanger Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/20/19 08:24 PM
Relaxing groove you've got going on there. I love the vibe. Great tune and great playing.
For just messing around, this tune sounds pretty fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/21/19 03:28 AM
Hi Tunemonger, Teletwanger and Ember - your comments mean a whole lot, thank you so much!!
Really pleased you enjoyed "Glidin' Slidin' " - hopefully more tunes to come, cheers guys! Carl
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/21/19 04:39 AM
Carl,

A very interesting style for a Blues number.

This slid perfectly into place, actually.

Great delivery. Smooth, neat, stylish.
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 11/21/19 08:45 AM
Hi VideoTrack, yes you're quite right - not the usual blues format, I just called it 'blues' because of the feel. Maybe I should have said 'bluesy' - anyway, very glad you liked Glidin' Slidin'! Thanks a lot for your nice comment, much appreciated!
Best regards there in Aus - Carl
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/01/19 03:46 AM
Hi Carl,

What a great groove. It's calming, peaceful and easy on the ears. You've done a good job creating this.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: rayc Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/01/19 04:40 AM
The V2 certainly has a bigger sound and soundstage.
A lovely blend of BIAB and your playing.
I don't have the ears for "mastering" and barely enough to mix.
You did a cool job of this one.
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/01/19 06:38 AM
Really glad you liked "Glidin 'Slidin' " - good you heard the difference between the two versions, nothing wrong with your ears mate!!
Thanks so much for your comment, cheers Ray. Carl
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/07/19 05:32 AM
Thanks so much for your nice comment Noel - really glad you enjoyed "Glidin' Slidin' "!!
Merry X-mas & all the best in 2020!! Carl
Posted By: japokeapeg Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/08/19 01:36 PM
Nice job. I love slide guitar
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/08/19 03:30 PM
Thank you japokeapeg - really pleased you enjoyed "Glidin' Slidin' "!
All the best - Merry X-mas!
Cheers, Carl
Posted By: PeterF Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/09/19 01:00 AM
Very nice playing and extremely atmospheric.

An enjoyable piece.

Peter
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/09/19 04:03 AM
Thanks a lot Peter for your kind comment - much appreciated, glad you enjoyed "Glidin' Slidin' " !
Best regards to your there is Aus - Merry X-mas!
Cheers from the UK. Carl
For messing around this songs pretty great - it flows tremendously well, and really sets a nice atmosphere.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/09/19 06:35 PM
Good choice of instrument combination to make this sit right. Well done in my opinion. Just a coooool song to listen too.
Very nice Carl. So laid back. So cool.
I'm looking forward to hearing more.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/10/19 07:57 AM
Hi Deryk (PGM), HearToLearn & Mike G - thanks all very much indeed for your 'cool' comments, I'm chuffed you enjoyed "Glidin' Slidin' "!
Happy X-mas to you all, best regards - Carl
Posted By: camog Re: Blues Slide Guitar with BB 2019 Mac - 12/10/19 05:20 PM
I saw no need to leave 2 versions on Soundcloud, so I have only left the re-mastered v2 of "Glidin' Slidin' " for anyone interested - here's the link:

https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/glidin-slidin-v-2-re-mastered

Carl
© PG Music Forums