PG Music Home
https://kgmaniarecords.bandcamp.com/track/sorry-that-you-feel-that-way-rough-edit

Heres another track! this one was much harder for some reason for me to figure out the chord structure using the included midi/instrument files/looops included in another royalty free vocal music pack from producer loops.......but i think i finally got it to sound right lol. so here is just a short test and will do more tweaking later on. but i think pretty good so far!

one key thing i find is that the simpler your chord structure in your song is......or you can make it.. the better the results with realtracks are. like the previous song i uploaded this uses just a simple 4 bar chord structure that repeats throughout.

:-)
The beauty of an uncomplicated chord structure is that the listener's ear is free to concentrate on the vocals (brilliant by the way) and the unfolding story. Since it was so short I had to listen to it twice. wink
No matter how simple I make my progressions I still get a message that 10% or more of the chords are "complicated". Odd given that the last thing I did used all bog standard major chords + Am & Em.
Your backing seems cool. I'd love to hear some of your stuff with your melodies etc.
thanks im not really a composer more of a producer but seems to work good so far! yeah when i heard the vocals from the sample pack i was like yeah i def gotta get that! and glad i finally figured out a chord structure that works! tip sometimes band in a box chord wizard is hit and miss if you can isolate a track or if you have midi files (which the sound pack i got camewith) that can help.

looks like band in a box 2020 is here! i am let down the audiophile edition upgrade is not on sale (lest you got the last years version..) but i think im gonna get it anyways cuz this really is a great tool and be nice to have the CD quality wav source files for mastering :-) im not a pro......but in case i become onesomeday! :-)
You are off to one hell of a great start! This has a lot of potential. Just keep it simple like it is for the rest of the song and you will have a winner.
Wow - this is really good. I wish there was more to it and that it was longer (unless this is just a sample?). Great vocals, compelling chord progession, some real tension and release going on there. I hope that I can get this good one day! Keep up the great work.
I'm sorry that it stopped so soon!!! smile

It's been about 8 years since I've visited this wonderful forum - missed you all boys and girls - and the first thing I hear is this blistering track.

I can't wait for you to finish this - I'm all excited.

And your voice is wonderful too. And you know how to use it. You simply slide so silkily - is that a word? - all over the lyrics with every nuance and emphasis right on the button.

Gimme more PLEASE! smile smile
You've created a nice "rough edit"...
Though it sounds more smooth than rough...
I'll be looking forward to see where you take it.
Hi Evenios,

that's pretty amazing. Never tried to work like that, but it obviously can work out very well. Enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Stefan
Very nice tune. Loved the vocal.
Really well done - I thought the vocal was outstanding, and the lyrics are nice too. It all flows seamlessly and it's decently catchy too.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing smile
thanks for the feedback everyone!

yeah when i heard the song demo from the sample vocal pack i knew i had to get it (the vocals are from a producer loops pack but everything else is from band in a box though i used one of the midi files from the pack to get the chord structure for)

will make it longer in the end for sure but this is just a simple test to make sure the chord structure fits :-)
© PG Music Forums