PG Music Home
Hi all. Wrote this a little while back.
The style comes from the recent "EXTRA STYLES 7"
All comments welcome.

Good Enough For Me

Wont be fooled by your lies I see through your disguise.
Oh baby your still good enough for me.
Though Ive done nothing wrong I know I must be strong
Oh baby your still good enough for me.

I know you go out dancing you love that rock and roll.
The love I have for you will only grow.
You can see the fool I am I'm such a broken man.
But baby your still good enough for me.

Bridge

Like a moth to a flame you drive me near insane.
Ive not shed my final tear as you can see.
Wont be going out to night
you'll not see my burning light

I know you go out dancing you love that rock and roll.
The love I have for you will only grow.
You can see the fool I am I'm such a broken man.

A fast rockabilly folk style that features a classic rockabilly electric guitar playing blues and rock 'n' roll licks. Two acoustic guitars strum similar patterns but one has six strings and the other has twelve. The acoustic bass plays "in 2", often alternating between the root and fifth. RockabillySwing^ RealDrums play in their first variation, which includes simple toms in the A section and tom 8ths in the B section. This song is in the key of A and uses pop and dominant chords that change every 2 to 8 beats.****** Song Summary *************
Title: _4THGEAR Demo - 4th Gear Rockabilly Folk Swing
File:Good Enough For Me.SGU
Key=A , Tempo 165, Length (m:s)=2:41
4 bar intro, 104 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 108. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _4THGEAR.STY (4th Gear Rockabilly Folk Swing)

RealTracks in style: 401:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ray Sw 160 ('2' only)
RealTracks in style: 2496:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockabillySwingBrent Sw 165
RealTracks in style: ~373:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 165
RealTracks in style: 3220:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm CampfireFastSwing Sw 165
RealTracks in song: 2559:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockabillyJiveBrent Sw 190
RealDrums [in style:RockabillySwing^01-a:Tom, b:Tom 8th
A catchy tune, Rob.

Nice use of the BAND. You use a lot of styles that other folks never go near... I like that...

Good vocal. Nice mix.

fj
Good one. Good use of BIAB. I like your vocal tone.
Hi Floyd.
Thanks for your comment. Im always looking for something different.
Regards Rob4580

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A catchy tune, Rob.

Nice use of the BAND. You use a lot of styles that other folks never go near... I like that...

Good vocal. Nice mix.

fj
Rob,
It's a cracker!
That 12 string on the right needs a little more balance left of the image. I can hear the electric rhythm over there but it could be louder.
Good vocals, good writing...GOOD!
Very catchy tune, good ole rock N roll, that's good enough for me!! Great song!!
What a tune - delightfully catchy, and it is really good implementation of this Style. I thought it flows nicely and that your vocals are fantastic.

Thanks for sharing smile
As usual your vocal shines on this number...
And you've put together a great production & mix...
It feels a like a classic combination of rockabilly & rock and roll...
Something akin to some of Carl Perkins tunes...
Another well done job...
I like it!
Very cool - keep posting!
Rob, I must confess that some of those Realtracks are new to me but they sure do work in this! Great song that sounds like it should have been a big hit back in the day...like something from Elvis's early years! You did a super job on this! Thanks, Torrey
I like this! Reminds me of roller skating at the roller rink in my youth. Good vocal.
Rob,
You sound great on this, having fun - I can see you on stage- as the dance floor fills up.
Love that 12 string playing swing.
A very well written and performed song!

Robert
"I've not shed my final tear as you can see.
you'll not see my burning light"

These lyrics paint a really pretty but sad picture. You did a great job! Lovely song.
Rob,

Great stuff . . . man, my every listen so far tonight is just amazing . . . the BIAB forum is on fire. And this one is burning really, really hot. Catchy tune . . . makes you want to get up and dance—the sign of any great song. Impressive!

Hope all is good with you!

Deej
Great vox as usual, liked the placement of the guitar figure after the lyric "you love that rock and roll.' Good package altogether.
Many jptjptjpt thanks. Rob4580

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Good one. Good use of BIAB. I like your vocal tone.

Hi Ray. Thank you for listening and thanks for the tip.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: rayc
Rob,
It's a cracker!
That 12 string on the right needs a little more balance left of the image. I can hear the electric rhythm over there but it could be louder.
Good vocals, good writing...GOOD!
Thank you Ronnie.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Very catchy tune, good ole rock N roll, that's good enough for me!! Great song!!
Cool tune Rob. Well done
I really like this - it sounds just like it rolled off the vinyl presses. You've really captured the rockabilly swing and style, and the vocals are spot on and very smooth. Well done!
A catchy tune, Rob.

Good vocal. Nice mix.

fj

Agreed!! You always do original, fresh music! Always enjoy it!! Take care. Greg
Hello Deryk. Thank you for listening.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune - delightfully catchy, and it is really good implementation of this Style. I thought it flows nicely and that your vocals are fantastic.

Thanks for sharing smile
Really appreciate your comment Jim.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Jim
As usual your vocal shines on this number...
And you've put together a great production & mix...
It feels a like a classic combination of rockabilly & rock and roll...
Something akin to some of Carl Perkins tunes...
Another well done job...
I like it!
Always refreshing to hear good ol' rockabilly smile Very catchy tune with positive vibes, inspiring instrument selection and clean mix. Enjoyable vocals.

Janne
Rob

Excellent catchy tune - delivered with style.

Peter
Thank you for listening jimmadsen.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: jimmadsen
Very cool - keep posting!
Thank you Torrey.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Rob, I must confess that some of those Realtracks are new to me but they sure do work in this! Great song that sounds like it should have been a big hit back in the day...like something from Elvis's early years! You did a super job on this! Thanks, Torrey
Classic rockabilly number Rob. I like your vocal, and the "band" is swinging.
Cheers,
Mike
Thank you Ezekiel's Storm.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I like this! Reminds me of roller skating at the roller rink in my youth. Good vocal.
Your BiaB style explorations are always a treat!

Great mellow rockabilly vocal and arrangement.

Plus an excellent mix and write.

Enjoyed it...a lot.

J&B
Hi Rob. Yes had a lot of fun doing this one.

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Rob,
You sound great on this, having fun - I can see you on stage- as the dance floor fills up.
Love that 12 string playing swing.
A very well written and performed song!

Robert
Hello Ember. Some times I feel I'm writing the same song over again.
So Ive been concertraiting on writing better lyrics.
Thank you for your coments. Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
"I've not shed my final tear as you can see.
you'll not see my burning light"

These lyrics paint a really pretty but sad picture. You did a great job! Lovely song.
Thank you Deej65.
Appreciate your comments.

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Rob,

Great stuff . . . man, my every listen so far tonight is just amazing . . . the BIAB forum is on fire. And this one is burning really, really hot. Catchy tune . . . makes you want to get up and dance—the sign of any great song. Impressive!

Hope all is good with you!

Deej
Thank you for listening TuneMonger

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great vox as usual, liked the placement of the guitar figure after the lyric "you love that rock and roll.' Good package altogether.
Nice tune, Rob! Your BiaB style choice supports the lyric content and your vocal style quite well. Love the back-handed compliment/irony in the title lyric every time it comes around. smile The only thing that's missing are some vocal harmonies! Bravo!
Hello Scott. Thank you for yourcomment.Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool tune Rob. Well done
Hello Ed. Really appreciate you comment. Rob4580

Originally Posted By: EdZ314
I really like this - it sounds just like it rolled off the vinyl presses. You've really captured the rockabilly swing and style, and the vocals are spot on and very smooth. Well done!

Hello Greg. Thats areally nice thing to say.
Regards Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A catchy tune, Rob.

Good vocal. Nice mix.

fj

Agreed!! You always do original, fresh music! Always enjoy it!! Take care. Greg
Rob,
Listens very well. Got a nice, warm vintage vibe to it. Vocals and production A+.
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Always refreshing to hear good ol' rockabilly smile Very catchy tune with positive vibes, inspiring instrument selection and clean mix. Enjoyable vocals.

Janne

Thank you Janne.Sorry for the late reply. Rob4580
Hi Rob,

I missed this one when you first posted. I'm glad I caught it before it disappeared too deep into the back pages of the forum.

This is great! The music is comfortably lively and your singing, as always, is super engaging. When the two come together, it makes a body feel like it needs to get up and dance!

It's thumbs up from me!
Noel
Hello Rob, like Noel I must have missed this one from you.
That would have been a pity, because you made a very nice swinging rocker.
Just this morning I listened to 'See See Rider' from Janice and Bud. that was also a rocking song. So now I'm totally in the rocking mood for the rest of the day. I think I have to make a wild song myself now, after my waltz. Although you made a waltz too. So, we are following one another. What do you think about 'our' next songs (meant as a joke).

What I really want to say is you made a very nice swinging song and everything in it was very well mixed. But that's normally the case with your songs,

Hans
Hi Ray. I thought this song was long gone.
Thanks for revving it and thank you for your kind words.
Regards Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Rob,

I missed this one when you first posted. I'm glad I caught it before it disappeared too deep into the back pages of the forum.

This is great! The music is comfortably lively and your singing, as always, is super engaging. When the two come together, it makes a body feel like it needs to get up and dance!

It's thumbs up from me!
Noel
Hello Noel. Thanks for brushing the cobwebs of this.
I also really appreciate your comments.
Regards Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Rob,

It's thumbs up from me!
Noel
Excellent rockabilly! You mastered that genre.

Everything about this is top shelf. Strong vocal, perfect backing tracks and a super mix.

Super work here!
He Keefmeisterllo.
Really appreciate your encouraging comment.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Keefmeister
Nice tune, Rob! Your BiaB style choice supports the lyric content and your vocal style quite well. Love the back-handed compliment/irony in the title lyric every time it comes around. smile The only thing that's missing are some vocal harmonies! Bravo!
© PG Music Forums