PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/11/19 03:38 PM
So, the radio station in Raleigh NC, WQDR 94.7 FM is a monster country station. They have a show called QDR Homegrown Country and it features local NC talent frpm writers and bands and solo artists. Radio ready production with songs from artists and songwriters.

On a whim, I sent them 3 songs on Monday, and today, I got an email from the show's director and host that one of the three I sent to them will be in the line up for this Sunday night's program. (that was quick!!)

That song is: Dust On The Floor

Some of you may remember it from several years ago. For those who have not heard it, there's the link.

Also.... the station does live streaming on the internet so you an listen to this live from their website.

Show starts at 9PM eastern, you can listen live at this link>>> http://www.947qdr.com/
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/12/19 03:47 AM
Guitarhacker,

First off, the song is sweet--crisp, clean on the production, and a vocal that resonates. Killer tune! Congrats on the airplay. Very well deserved.

Second, I think it's awesome that your local station does something like this. There's so much great music out there that deserves a wider audience . . . like this one. The U.K. seems to do this more regularly, using air time to spotlight local artists and songs. Kudos to WQDR for doing this. More stations should do the same.

Lastly, I lived in North Raleigh for 8 years in the 90's. Great town. Still have family there. Assuming that's where you're at now--was always sorry to have to leave it.

My best to you,

Deej
Posted By: dcuny Re: Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/12/19 04:12 AM
Congratulations!

Of course, you've earned it.

I remember this from when you posted a while back. smile
Posted By: Teunis Re: Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/12/19 04:41 AM
Well done, you must feel really good about getting air play, something a lot of folks aspire to.

Tony
Posted By: rayc Re: Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/12/19 05:03 AM
Congratulations.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/12/19 08:48 AM
Congratulations Herb. That's a good song. A song I remember being from what I thought was a brick and mortar recording studio when I first heard it... wink
Posted By: Jim Re: Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/12/19 05:25 PM
A good one Herb...
With well-written lyrics...
Congratulations on the airplay...

BTW:
I'm curious to know the other 2 songs you submitted,
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/12/19 07:50 PM
DJ... if you lived here you know QDR is a powerhouse station... huge coverage area.

Jim, Write a Hit Country Song and Whiskey for Breakfast.

Thanks everyone else for your kind words. The host is a writer with some nice credits and cuts. Not sure if they will play the other songs on another show, but I'm sure I will be finding out.
Posted By: jimmadsen Re: Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/14/19 02:33 PM
Fantastic about the local airplay!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Radio Airplay... an older song. - 12/18/19 08:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
So, the radio station in Raleigh NC, WQDR 94.7 FM is a monster country station. They have a show called QDR Homegrown Country and it features local NC talent frpm writers and bands and solo artists. Radio ready production with songs from artists and songwriters.

On a whim, I sent them 3 songs on Monday, and today, I got an email from the show's director and host that one of the three I sent to them will be in the line up for this Sunday night's program. (that was quick!!)

That song is: Dust On The Floor

Some of you may remember it from several years ago. For those who have not heard it, there's the link.

Also.... the station does live streaming on the internet so you an listen to this live from their website.

Show starts at 9PM eastern, you can listen live at this link>>> http://www.947qdr.com/

For some reason, I can't play songs off this website. Congrats!!! Your stuff always sounds great to me. I'm pretty sure I remember this tune. Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums