PG Music Home
Posted By: molsenhouse Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/15/19 04:51 PM
Recently finished a project with Swedish singer/songwriter Johan Hammarström, who allowed me to share the result in this great forum. Once again tracks from BiaB turned out to be a great companion in the production process.

MITT STOCKHOLM

In the final mix we kept the wonderful drumming from Alex Acuná:

Style is _BETIM.STY
RealDrums in Style: BossaBrazilBrushAlex^1-a:Br, b:Rd

and a simple steady upright bass from Neil Swanson:
RealTracks in song: ~464:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 140

Not a Christmas tune – still some days left – but to all you wonderful people in this forum: MERRY CHRISTMAS!❤️
Posted By: Scott C Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/15/19 07:45 PM
Very nice listen. Very good vocalist. Well done
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/15/19 07:51 PM
Yes, I liked it too. You should share the lyrics in English here... it will make people better understand what is going on. smile

Thanks for sharing!
Will
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/16/19 03:25 AM
Very, very nice, well done and professional sounding track. There are a few things that really stand out for me: the vocal oohs and aah's and other harmonies that you interject over the main vocal. The nicely spaced and articulated instruments, that just sort of sparkle throughout the entire track. Everything is really well balanced and the chorus is delivered with very good clear vocals. It's still running through my head now "Mitt Stockholm ..." smile
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/16/19 10:17 PM
Everything was well done, and it had a great hook on top of it all. Good work.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/16/19 11:31 PM
Wow!

This is top-shelf good! I really like the opening. It reminded me a little bit of Tom Jone's opening to "It's Not Unusual".

You and your friends are very talented musicians!

Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: rayc Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/17/19 07:04 AM
Lovely stuff.
there were a few spots where the vocal was a bit essy or loud but otherwise this was smooth sailing.
The BIAB elements mesh really well with the voices and your externally sources sounds.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/17/19 10:21 AM
Nicely done - I thought it flowed really well, and the backing track choice worked great with everything else. Perfect use of the oohs & aahs. Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/17/19 10:49 AM
A nice swinging song with good vocals!
Though I couldn't understand a word, I guess it's a lovestory. But what a nice one.

Hans
Posted By: Jim Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/17/19 02:47 PM
Nice job guys...
Good melody...
With a great feeling from the composition & arrangement of the backing tracks...
I really enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/17/19 04:33 PM
Very nice light melodic pop song, especially summery chording and catchy chorus. Reminds me of early 80's when I used to listen to Swedish pop music on radio. Great vocals including those enjoyable sha-la-la backing parts. Mix is very good, and the BIAB rhythm section works perfectly.

Janne
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/17/19 08:10 PM
Very smooth and enjoyably pop- beautifully sung and harmonised.
The arrangement sounds great...including those finger snaps.
Stockholm Bossa- cool!

Robert
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/18/19 05:45 PM
molsenhouse, that is some absolutely beautiful work! I love this kind of laid back jazzy style and you really nailed it! Some of the best stuff I've heard here! The vocal is excellent with a great mix and arrangement! Kind of reminds me of one of the tunes off of McCartney's Band On The Run album (has the feel and vibe of an uptempo "Bluebird" but stands on its own). Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/18/19 08:52 PM
Very pretty music!! Love that Latin jazz feel!! Very well conceived and executed!! Just feels good!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/18/19 09:38 PM
Nice teamwork and fun song!
This is probably one of only a handful of Bossa inclined tunes I have heard in Swedish. Production and performance is very vibrant and positive! I had been to Stockholm on several occasions, there is always something interesting to find by just walking around the city. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/19/19 08:18 AM
Hej allesammans !

Det var en absolut underbar
melodi så proffsigt framförd
Gillar allt om den 1

mvh Dani
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/20/19 01:15 PM
molsenhouse,

very nice with a very appealing flow. Excellent vocals (main and BGV). Very nice backing track. A very enjoyable tune.

Regards,

Stefan
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Mitt Stockholm (My Stockholm) - 12/20/19 02:34 PM
This came across well , the lyrics in English would be great.

Thanks
© PG Music Forums