PG Music Home
Posted By: horsthartung Ride Momma Ride - 12/29/19 09:37 PM
https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung/ride-momma-ride

This song was written by an old friend Mark Kallin who died in his early 20's from an over dose of Heroin. He was the Guitar player in an all original band called Jessie that we were in the early 70's. I recorded this song in honor of his memory. The guitar lead was recorded by Bobby Alexander Jr. who has the same style of Mark Kallin. I got permission from Marks brother Jon to record this song.

I recorded all the other parts of the song.
Posted By: rayc Re: Ride Momma Ride - 12/29/19 11:18 PM
Horst, a list of what &/or who is always useful for the listener who's also shopping for ideas, tweaks and a bit of learning.
It seems a good song but the solos seem a little more frenetic than the rest of the song.
Tidy mix.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Ride Momma Ride - 12/30/19 01:00 AM
Horst,
you are a very talented musician. Very interesting arrangement and vibrant vocals. It was a treat for my ears. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Jim Re: Ride Momma Ride - 12/31/19 02:39 PM
Nicely done...
I enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Ride Momma Ride - 01/01/20 06:36 AM
Hi Horst,

you're really keeping 'em coming these days...

A very good listen, love your vocals and playing lot. Sounds verygood, too.Great flow, toe-tapping.

Love that 'Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels" tone of the soloing guitar. Fits the song like a glove.

Happy New Year,

Stefan
Posted By: Scott C Re: Ride Momma Ride - 01/01/20 10:38 PM
Good rocker Horst. Guitar sounds great. Super vocal..
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Ride Momma Ride - 01/02/20 07:51 PM
Hi Horst,

This is...

From start to finish, listening to this is like riding a rollercoaster. The journey is wild and furious and wonderful! The amount of energy that flows from this production is breathtaking. Your playing, your singing and Bobby's playing all grabbed hold of me and didn't let go. That final mix is so well put together.

My condolences on the loss of Mark. I know that time diminishes the hurt but the feelings of loss never get any less. Early 20s is way too young to leave our planet. This tribute to him is a really fine commemoration. From the sound of things, your band must have really been something.

I hope that 2020 brings a Happy New Year,
Noel
Posted By: dcuny Re: Ride Momma Ride - 01/03/20 02:02 AM
The song take off like a bucking bronco and doesn't let up.

I enjoyed the ride! smile
Posted By: jimmadsen Re: Ride Momma Ride - 01/06/20 11:20 PM
Very well produced - love this piece.

Fun fun fun tune.

Thanks for sharing!
© PG Music Forums