PG Music Home
Posted By: Mr_Songman I'm Falling. - 12/30/19 06:48 AM
Hi all,

This is a song I wrote back in 2010. I actually wrote it for Michael Buble as a Big Band number. Unfortunately I don't have a big band. Or Michael Buble's great voice! frown
I just need to get him to hear it.

Any and all comments welcome. smile

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=9480931

RealTracks in style: 564:Bass, Electric, Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in style: 565:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in song: 568:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in style: ~569:Guitar, Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Delta Sw 065
RealDrums [in style:CountryShuffle128

Equipment: Roland VS 1680
Digitech Vocalist VR
Yamaha MSP5 Monitors
Behringer MDX2600
Rode NT1 Microphone
Art Studio V3 Pre Amp
Lurssen Mastering Console

Posted By: Jim Re: I'm Falling. - 12/31/19 04:53 PM
Nice blues number...
Good lyrics & vocals...
I don't think you need "Michael Buble's great voice"...
You voice is just fine...
But maybe Michael will hear your song & put some money in your pocket smile!
Posted By: PeterF Re: I'm Falling. - 12/31/19 08:37 PM
A very nice passionate sounding blues - really enjoyed the vocals.

A small suggestion - the guitar soloist sometimes is playing directly over the vocals
perhaps better if he just plays in the gaps. (Typical of guitar players!)

Really good song.

Peter
Posted By: rayc Re: I'm Falling. - 12/31/19 09:51 PM
Cool song - you could've used the horn sections from BIAB 2019.
The guitar does need to be ducked under the vocals a little more and a little less reverb on the vocals would be cool.
Nothing wrong with the vocals at present.
Posted By: Scott C Re: I'm Falling. - 12/31/19 11:22 PM
Very cool song to finish the year off. Cool tone on the guitar. Super vocal and lyric. Well done
Posted By: Crossroads Re: I'm Falling. - 01/01/20 06:41 AM
Hi Martin,

although I do like Michael a lot I really could do without him this time ;-))).

A very cool Blues tune, nice playing and your vocaöls? Perfect for the song. Enjoyed the listen a lot.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: I'm Falling. - 01/01/20 08:34 AM
Yeah!

This is great, love your playing. And your vocal too! Lots of feel and passion in both.

I think this is the first time I've heard your music, very much looking forward to hearing more!
Posted By: dcuny Re: I'm Falling. - 01/01/20 08:58 PM
Sound great!

I'd but the sax a bit more upfront. As rayc suggested, if you could find a horn section from BiaB, that would be icing on the cake.

Nice singing. smile
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 04:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Nice blues number...
Good lyrics & vocals...
I don't think you need "Michael Buble's great voice"...
You voice is just fine...
But maybe Michael will hear your song & put some money in your pocket smile!

Thanks Jim for the kind words and the listen. Watch out Michael, I'm looking for ya! smile
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 04:35 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
A very nice passionate sounding blues - really enjoyed the vocals.

A small suggestion - the guitar soloist sometimes is playing directly over the vocals
perhaps better if he just plays in the gaps. (Typical of guitar players!)

Really good song.

Peter

Thanks Peter for the comments and the listen. And you are absolutely right about the guitar.I can't believe I didn't notice it myself. I guess I was so intent on getting the vocal right and listening more to that.
But that's the worth of this forum is another fresh pair of ears.
Thanks. smile
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 04:38 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Cool song - you could've used the horn sections from BIAB 2019.
The guitar does need to be ducked under the vocals a little more and a little less reverb on the vocals would be cool.
Nothing wrong with the vocals at present.

Hi Ray, and thanks for listening. I agree with both you and Peter about the guitar. Having only just got back into all this, I had BIAB 2012 when I did this, so no horns. I think it's worth a revisit now I'm up to date.

Thanks again. smile
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 04:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool song to finish the year off. Cool tone on the guitar. Super vocal and lyric. Well done

Hi Scott, and thanks for the comments. I can't take credit for the guitar sound this time, it's all BIAB.
Thanks again. smile
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 04:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Martin,

although I do like Michael a lot I really could do without him this time ;-))).

A very cool Blues tune, nice playing and your vocaöls? Perfect for the song. Enjoyed the listen a lot.

All the best,

Stefan

Hi Crossroads....Soon as I type that I get that guitar riff in my head! smile Thanks for the kind words and glad you enjoyed it. Can't take credit for the playing this time. All BIAB.
Thanks again. smile
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 04:46 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah!

This is great, love your playing. And your vocal too! Lots of feel and passion in both.

I think this is the first time I've heard your music, very much looking forward to hearing more!

Hi BA, and thank you for those comments. I can take credit for the vocal, and thank you, but not the guitar playing this time. All BIAB.

Sadly, I have acute tendonitis and arthritis in my left hand nowadays that severely limits my playing. I shall post some oldies soon and re-live the good ol' days.

Thanks again. smile
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 04:50 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Sound great!

I'd but the sax a bit more upfront. As rayc suggested, if you could find a horn section from BiaB, that would be icing on the cake.

Nice singing. smile

Hi dcuny and thanks for the listen and the kind words. Now that I have horns I'm definitely going to experiment with them. Interesting comment on the sax - I'll have a play with it.

Thanks again. smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 11:56 AM
It's all been covered as we are a bit late to the party.

Blues is right square in the middle of our wheelhouse so we very
much enjoyed this tune.

Peter is a great blues man and his comment nailed it.
"A very nice passionate sounding blues - really enjoyed the vocals."

Look forward to more!

J&B
Posted By: Robertkc Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 08:42 PM
A good passionate vocal on a well written song; I think you`ve got this with some minor tweaks gleaned from suggestions of other listeners.
Its not surprising folks thought the guitar track was yours- its a great fit with your vocal.

Robert
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: I'm Falling. - 01/03/20 09:27 PM
Your vocal performance conveys the emotion of the lyrics quite well. I really enjoyed this song!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I'm Falling. - 01/04/20 08:56 PM
Martin,

This is AWESOME.

I love everything about 'I'm Falling". Your writing radiates competence left, right and centre. The imagery is strong, the lyric sits so very comfortably with the melody and the way that you use lyric-rhythm and -rhyme to sail the listener along as you weave your way from beginning to end is a real credit to your well-honed abilities.

And your singing.... just "WOW!" The passion, the drive and the sincerity in your vocals made for a very, very engaging listen.

Because you asked for input... My only minor thought, and it seriously is nothing more than a thought, is that I found myself wondering what the sax would have sounded like if it had a similar reverb/delay treatment to the vocals. What prompted this was that both sax and voice are lead instruments so an element of matching might strengthen the overall. Then again, it might not make a difference.

As I said above, and I resolutely stand by it, this is AWESOME!!!!

All the best for 2020,
Noel

P.S. I sincerely hope Michael Buble hears this. It would suit him so well!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: I'm Falling. - 01/05/20 05:08 AM
Martin,

Cool blues tune—the melody kills and the chorus is catchy and compelling as heck. Michael Buble doesn’t know what he’s missing . . . though I agree it works just as good as is. Your vocal works really well here. Slick listen!

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/06/20 11:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
It's all been covered as we are a bit late to the party.

Blues is right square in the middle of our wheelhouse so we very
much enjoyed this tune.

Peter is a great blues man and his comment nailed it.
"A very nice passionate sounding blues - really enjoyed the vocals."

Look forward to more!

J&B

Hi guys and thanks for the listen. Yeah I love the blues but strangely, I've only ever written two. The other one, that I wrote 20 years ago, I'm working now in BIAB.
Thanks again
Martin
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/06/20 11:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
A good passionate vocal on a well written song; I think you`ve got this with some minor tweaks gleaned from suggestions of other listeners.
Its not surprising folks thought the guitar track was yours- its a great fit with your vocal.

Robert

Hi Robert, Thanks for the listen and the comments. Yeah, those guitar tracks in BIAB can really reward you if you have the patience to spend the time:

Thanks again

Martin
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/06/20 11:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Your vocal performance conveys the emotion of the lyrics quite well. I really enjoyed this song!

Hi Ezekiel, Thanks for listening. Glad you enjoyed it.

Martin
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/06/20 11:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Martin,

This is AWESOME.

I love everything about 'I'm Falling". Your writing radiates competence left, right and centre. The imagery is strong, the lyric sits so very comfortably with the melody and the way that you use lyric-rhythm and -rhyme to sail the listener along as you weave your way from beginning to end is a real credit to your well-honed abilities.

And your singing.... just "WOW!" The passion, the drive and the sincerity in your vocals made for a very, very engaging listen.

Because you asked for input... My only minor thought, and it seriously is nothing more than a thought, is that I found myself wondering what the sax would have sounded like if it had a similar reverb/delay treatment to the vocals. What prompted this was that both sax and voice are lead instruments so an element of matching might strengthen the overall. Then again, it might not make a difference.

As I said above, and I resolutely stand by it, this is AWESOME!!!!

All the best for 2020,
Noel

P.S. I sincerely hope Michael Buble hears this. It would suit him so well!

Wow Noel, I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. Thank you so much for all your kind words, it means a lot. You make a very interesting point about the sax reverb that never occurred to me but makes perfect sense. Thanks for that.

Again, thank you so much, I'm really pleased you liked it.

Take care.

Martin
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/06/20 11:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Martin,

Cool blues tune—the melody kills and the chorus is catchy and compelling as heck. Michael Buble doesn’t know what he’s missing . . . though I agree it works just as good as is. Your vocal works really well here. Slick listen!

All my best,

Deej

Hi Deej, Thank you for the listen and the comments. So glad you liked it.

Let's hope Mikey feels the same someday! smile

All the best

Martin
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: I'm Falling. - 01/06/20 12:08 PM
Great tune and singing, enjoyed it a lot. Was the sax done on the Roland? I agree the lead guitar could be more sparse and not step on the vocal. Great work!
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/07/20 05:30 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great tune and singing, enjoyed it a lot. Was the sax done on the Roland? I agree the lead guitar could be more sparse and not step on the vocal. Great work!

Hi TuneMonger and thanks for the listen. Thanks for the comments. The sax solo is a BIAB track. Somehow I missed putting it in my original post.
For reference it was:

Soloist is saved with the song : Sax,Alt,Sol,SmtJzCoolSw75Blz (1055)

Thanks again
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: I'm Falling. - 01/07/20 11:48 AM
What a tune! It flows tremendously well, and your vocals sound top notch on this. The sax fit in perfectly as well, and I thought it was nicely catchy. A+ on the mix too.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: I'm Falling. - 01/13/20 07:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! It flows tremendously well, and your vocals sound top notch on this. The sax fit in perfectly as well, and I thought it was nicely catchy. A+ on the mix too.

Thanks for sharing smile

Hi Deryk,

Sorry I'm late responding but thanks for the listen and those very kind words'
Glad you liked it.

Martin
© PG Music Forums