PG Music Home
Posted By: BlueAttitude Don't let go - 12/30/19 03:19 PM
One last song from us to finish off the year: Don't Let Go

The band:

1717:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockStraight Ev 120
1772:Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkMovin Ev16 130
RealDrums:JazzFunkMovin^2-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

I'm playing the guitar parts.

Mixed with reaper using native plugins and plugins from Waves and iZotope, mastered with Ozone9.

EDIT: floyd asked how I processed the bass track.

For the bass I used the Waves CLA Bass plugin, and I'm using the Clean preset. Sometimes I tweak it a little, but this time I didn't.

I followed that with just the EQ section of Neutron 2. I have a dynamic mode 12 db cut with a Q of 2 at 63 HZ. Also added a 12 db HPF at 40 HZ. I came up with those values by using the masking feature of Neutron (looking at the drum track) and the Tonal Balance control plugin on the master bus.

Don't let go (2019, Christiane Spruit)

Talk to me I know you feel bad
what are you hiding behind the back
are we playing the game left to win and right will lose

Tongue tied and down to the bone
If you are not going to pick up the phone
don't you Know what we have to lose

Don't let go
Tomorrow comes and none of us will know
Don't let go

We know each other for so long
Why don't you tell me what's going on?
it would make it easier , you know

No words cut like a knife
all my doubts are coming alive
Don't let go

Tomorrow comes and we won't know
Tomorrow comes and we won't know
Don't let go
Don't let go

Next song will be using BIAB 2020, placed my order this morning cool

Chris also did a video for the song:

As always all comments are welcome.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Don't let go - 12/30/19 05:45 PM
Dave / Chris

A strong blues rock song to end the year. As always I enjoyed the imaginative guitar
and the excellent vocals.
The song has a nice catchy vibe and is excellently produced.

Great work and happy new year to you both.

Peter
Posted By: rayc Re: Don't let go - 12/30/19 05:46 PM
Now that swings while it rocks.
Nothing out of place, nothing missing.
Spot on.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Don't let go - 12/30/19 08:22 PM
Hi Dave,

I don't like it!

No, I am just kidding... it is a wonderful song... I think it is one of the best productions you have made. Everything just feels right... Christiane Spruits vocals are amazing and your guitar-work is beautiful and fitting. The mixing is outstanding good!

What's not to like?

Congrats with a super track at the end of 2019!

Will
Posted By: MarioD Re: Don't let go - 12/30/19 09:42 PM
Dave and Christiane this is great. Dave those are some very impressive chops! The vocal is fantastic. Everything about this one is perfect and air play ready.

I really liked this!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Don't let go - 12/30/19 11:05 PM
Dave & Chris,
An excellent no-messing-about rocker to close the year.I really liked the energy coming across.
The arrangement sounds simple, but the way your guitar moves forward and back is so well timed; the harmony on the chorus... its all in the details.
You guys always hit the mark!

Robert
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Don't let go - 12/31/19 12:50 AM
What a great song to end the year with. A very WELL accomplished year for all involved. I always expect great songs, great tone, and great production whenever I see "Blue Attitude" as the OP. Once again, you delivered the goods.

I get you are into the blues; but would you consider changing your name here to "Hot Attitude?" I mean, this stuff is just that! Looking forward to your 2020 projects!
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Don't let go - 12/31/19 02:55 AM
Exceptionally tight and well mixed. Chris delivers those lines with a smoky confidence. Dave, your guitar is a real pleasure to listen to. When she hands the song off to you, you don't disappoint, but own the thing rhythmically and musically. A wonderful backing for a wonderful pairing.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Don't let go - 12/31/19 03:18 AM
Agree with the other comments about the polish, production quality, vocals, everything. It's all in perfect balance. Very good strong chorus phrasing too - catchy "Don't let go." I really like the way it swings and the way the guitar and vocals punch out those rhythms against the beat - it keeps the interest and energy very high.

Great, rock solid song.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Don't let go - 12/31/19 10:56 AM
What a tune! It's already been said, but this is just stunning in every way. Perfectly balanced and every quality of the song shines. The vocals are incredible and the it is perfectly catchy with an incredible groove.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Don't let go - 12/31/19 11:07 AM
Dave & Chris...

A big WOW.

The mix is SUPERB. Perfect. Everything sits JUST right. Vocal, guitar, bass, drums. Delicious. Professional.

Your guitar is to-die-for - tone AND playing.

I always love the sound you get on the bass. This is round and smooth and punchy. Special. How did you process that????

Love those drums! Not a kit I would have ever thought to even audition (but will now!). BIAB is worth the price for the drums alone - and most folks take little advantage of that... Thanks for showing this one off... MAN! they sound good!

A good Rock/Blues write. Catchy. Chris' vocal is... perfect. The harmonies are exceptional - really well synced... Sweet.

Loved it.

fj
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Don't let go - 12/31/19 12:49 PM
Hi BA,

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Absolutely love the drums and guitar - being both a drummer and guitarist I suppose that's understandable - but they are so good.

Great sound too. Look forward to hearing more! smile
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Don't let go - 12/31/19 02:29 PM
Dave & Chris,
I am scared, you can not make a weak tune. Just make one for the sake of reference!

Excellent all the way! I wish our local radio would play tunes like this! Happy New Year to you and Chris and let 2020 be as fruitful as 2019 (maybe even better!). Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Don't let go - 12/31/19 11:18 PM
Awesome way to finish the year Dave and Chris. Very cool tune. Excellent vocal. Your guitar tone was awesome Dave. Vey cool solo. Well done

Happy New Year Dave and Chris
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Don't let go - 01/01/20 07:02 AM
Hi Dave & Chris,

I can't remember any of your productions that I might not have liked a lot, but I like this one an AWFUL lot. Great song, fantastically sung, Chris!!!!.

Excellent playing, Dave, your guitar sounds wonderful. As does the whole thing - really ear candy.

And you know what: I just bought that WAVES bass plug-in (at the moment itÄs only 30 $), because the bass is sounding so good.

Very well done !!!!!!!

All the best for 2020,

Stefan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/01/20 08:49 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave / Chris

A strong blues rock song to end the year. As always I enjoyed the imaginative guitar
and the excellent vocals.
The song has a nice catchy vibe and is excellently produced.

Great work and happy new year to you both.

Peter

Thanks, Peter, and happy new year to you and yours too!

Originally Posted By: rayc
Now that swings while it rocks.
Nothing out of place, nothing missing.
Spot on.

Cheers, Ray!
Posted By: Jim Re: Don't let go - 01/01/20 05:57 PM
Man oh Man..
Your smoking guitar & Chris' & sexy vocals...
Your polished production skills & Chris' clever lyrics...
Outstanding combinations which always make for more than interesting music...
You guys always do an outstanding job!

I'll be watching for you next production!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Don't let go - 01/01/20 08:18 PM
Dang, but that sounds excellent. I see why Floyd asked about the bass - everything in the mix comes across clear, yet sits in it's place so well. Wow!

Of course, stellar singing and guitar playing.

Really good!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/02/20 07:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Dave,

I don't like it!

No, I am just kidding... it is a wonderful song... I think it is one of the best productions you have made. Everything just feels right... Christiane Spruits vocals are amazing and your guitar-work is beautiful and fitting. The mixing is outstanding good!

What's not to like?

Congrats with a super track at the end of 2019!

Will

Thanks, Will!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Dave and Christiane this is great. Dave those are some very impressive chops! The vocal is fantastic. Everything about this one is perfect and air play ready.

I really liked this!

Thanks for stopping by, Mario!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Don't let go - 01/02/20 11:22 AM
hey dave and chris great tune everything fits perfect love the vocal and they way you mix your songs great work thanks eric
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/03/20 09:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave & Chris,
An excellent no-messing-about rocker to close the year.I really liked the energy coming across.
The arrangement sounds simple, but the way your guitar moves forward and back is so well timed; the harmony on the chorus... its all in the details.
You guys always hit the mark!

Robert

Thanks as always for your support, Robert, we appreciate it!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/04/20 07:29 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What a great song to end the year with. A very WELL accomplished year for all involved. I always expect great songs, great tone, and great production whenever I see "Blue Attitude" as the OP. Once again, you delivered the goods.

I get you are into the blues; but would you consider changing your name here to "Hot Attitude?" I mean, this stuff is just that! Looking forward to your 2020 projects!

Thanks, Caaron!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/04/20 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Exceptionally tight and well mixed. Chris delivers those lines with a smoky confidence. Dave, your guitar is a real pleasure to listen to. When she hands the song off to you, you don't disappoint, but own the thing rhythmically and musically. A wonderful backing for a wonderful pairing.

Thanks, Tangmo! Good to see you here again.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Don't let go - 01/05/20 05:08 AM
Dave,

Well, that’s a heck of a way to finish the year . . . and another terrific vocal by Chris. Your guitar work slays as usual. For some reason this reminds me of a Heart song . . . it has an 80’s vibe to it that’s really engaging. Great work all around!

Kind regards,

Deej
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Don't let go - 01/05/20 11:30 AM
Awesome production. I have a zillion Waves plug-ins but..... smile

For you guys we really need a template full of superlatives that
we can post for your tunes...actually even before we hear the tune
and still be accurate!

Amongst much goodness we always note how perfectly you sit
Chris' vocals and your guitars in the mix. Easy to say...hard to
nail (at least for many of us).

Chris' lyrics are never overwrought and like this one are so expertly
crafted for her cool vocal chops.

And your guitar? What more can be said...great playing and tone that
is always tempered by an abundance of taste.

Nice!

J&B
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/06/20 06:55 AM
Originally Posted By: EdZ314
Agree with the other comments about the polish, production quality, vocals, everything. It's all in perfect balance. Very good strong chorus phrasing too - catchy "Don't let go." I really like the way it swings and the way the guitar and vocals punch out those rhythms against the beat - it keeps the interest and energy very high.

Great, rock solid song.

Thanks for the listen and comments, Ed!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Don't let go - 01/06/20 12:31 PM
I love when you come whipping in with the solo and really deliver the goods! Great collab you got going on, it just works!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/06/20 10:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! It's already been said, but this is just stunning in every way. Perfectly balanced and every quality of the song shines. The vocals are incredible and the it is perfectly catchy with an incredible groove.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

Thanks for stopping by, Derek!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/07/20 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris...

A big WOW.

The mix is SUPERB. Perfect. Everything sits JUST right. Vocal, guitar, bass, drums. Delicious. Professional.

Your guitar is to-die-for - tone AND playing.

I always love the sound you get on the bass. This is round and smooth and punchy. Special. How did you process that????

Love those drums! Not a kit I would have ever thought to even audition (but will now!). BIAB is worth the price for the drums alone - and most folks take little advantage of that... Thanks for showing this one off... MAN! they sound good!

A good Rock/Blues write. Catchy. Chris' vocal is... perfect. The harmonies are exceptional - really well synced... Sweet.

Loved it.

fj

I agree 100% with your comments on the realdrums. When I first started using BIAB it was all midi. The first thing I would do when building a song was throw away the BIAB midi drums and build a new drum track using ACID Loops. I could easily spend a day working on a drum track. Man, when they first introduced realdrums it was fantastic, such a timesaver!

Thanks as always, floyd, I really appreciate your support and so does Chris.
Posted By: ROG Re: Don't let go - 01/07/20 01:00 PM
Hi Dave,

Now this is my kind of music!

Loved the guitar work and Chris's vocal is sublime.

Having a few hearing problems at the moment, so it's hard for me
to comment on the mix, but what I hear sounds great.

Very professional all round.

ROG.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Don't let go - 01/07/20 09:06 PM
You finished off the year with a BANG!!! Cool tune.....tons of energy and excitement! Chris nails the vocal, and Dave's guitar is sweet as honey!! Happy New Year guys!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Don't let go - 01/07/20 09:48 PM
Your guitar solo is K-A.

What a rolling rocker!

Great vocal --Chris is always right on the money.

The guitar work energizes this song and gives it powerful momentum.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/08/20 08:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Mr_Songman
Hi BA,

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Absolutely love the drums and guitar - being both a drummer and guitarist I suppose that's understandable - but they are so good.

Great sound too. Look forward to hearing more! smile

Thanks very much, and nice to meet you on here!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/09/20 12:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Dave & Chris,
I am scared, you can not make a weak tune. Just make one for the sake of reference!

Excellent all the way! I wish our local radio would play tunes like this! Happy New Year to you and Chris and let 2020 be as fruitful as 2019 (maybe even better!). Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Hi Misha,

Well, your music is pretty special IMHO, I’m a fan.

Best to you and yours also for 2020, looking forward to hearing your next project!
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Don't let go - 01/09/20 09:09 AM
Hi Dave,

I missed this song I noticed. Very sorry for that! Especially because it is a very good bluesy rocker. a good beat, very nice solo and -of course- outstanding vocalperformance by Christine.
What can I say to let you learn from my critics? Nothing. It's just a very good song. It has everything in it. i can only learn from you how to mix my songs...

Hans
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Don't let go - 01/09/20 11:05 AM
Nice groove. This is some good stuff. You are getting the vocal right. Easy to hear and understand and it sets nicely in the mix.

The guitar: nice playing and that tone sounds like a straight up humbucker into a 50w or less tube amp cranked up to the edge but not over the top. Just curious.... what is the setup? I do like that tone. Just the right amount of grit in the speakers.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/09/20 09:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Awesome way to finish the year Dave and Chris. Very cool tune. Excellent vocal. Your guitar tone was awesome Dave. Vey cool solo. Well done

Happy New Year Dave and Chris

Thanks, Scott! Looking forward to hearing what you come up with in 2020 smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/10/20 02:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Dave & Chris,

I can't remember any of your productions that I might not have liked a lot, but I like this one an AWFUL lot. Great song, fantastically sung, Chris!!!!.

Excellent playing, Dave, your guitar sounds wonderful. As does the whole thing - really ear candy.

And you know what: I just bought that WAVES bass plug-in (at the moment itÄs only 30 $), because the bass is sounding so good.

Very well done !!!!!!!

All the best for 2020,

Stefan

Thanks, Stefan!

Have fun with the CLA Bass plugin, it's a good one. I also recommend CLA Drums (I use it on almost every song), CLA Guitars (likewise), CLA Unplugged (I use it on pianos and acoustic guitars), and CLA Vocals. I don't use CLA Vocals as much as I used to, but used it on the BG vocals on this song.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Don't let go - 01/10/20 03:05 PM
Hello Dave,

I installed CLA Bass yesterday and it's really good - thanks for the hint. Just bought Waves Vocal Rider which is highly recommended and might solve my personal problem of singing too dynamically (if you want to express that fact euphemistically...).

Gonna check out the other plug-ins you mentioned soon, too.

Have a nice weekend,

Stefan
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Don't let go - 01/11/20 01:04 AM
Nice song!
Great vocals.
Sweet guitar.
Well mixed.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/11/20 09:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Man oh Man..
Your smoking guitar & Chris' & sexy vocals...
Your polished production skills & Chris' clever lyrics...
Outstanding combinations which always make for more than interesting music...
You guys always do an outstanding job!

I'll be watching for you next production!

Thanks as always for the support, Jim, we appreciate it!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/11/20 09:55 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Dang, but that sounds excellent. I see why Floyd asked about the bass - everything in the mix comes across clear, yet sits in it's place so well. Wow!

Of course, stellar singing and guitar playing.

Really good!

Thanks for stopping by, David!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Don't let go - 01/12/20 12:55 AM
Beautiful work Dave and Chris! I love the way this moves! The separation between the instruments is great! Everything in this production is clean and clear! The guitar playing and sound is as good as it gets! Chris's vocal is flawless! This is pro level as far as I'm concerned! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Don't let go - 01/12/20 09:05 AM
Hi Dave,

You and Chris have done it again!

I don't know how you keep on raising the bar. I already thought that you'd taken it as high as it can go... but I seem to be wrong. All I can do now is to keep on add "+" after A. I think this has to be around A++++++++++++ by now.

This is a great sound. I love that bass. The clarity that you have achieved is awesome. It's so easy to hear each note.

Everything about this sizzles. Everything.

Chris's vocals are excellent, and then some, and her writing is very very strong. I love the chorus and how the lyrics and melody flow.

However I look at this, it's mind-bogglingly good!

All the best,
Noel

Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 08:16 AM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hey dave and chris great tune everything fits perfect love the vocal and they way you mix your songs great work thanks eric

Thanks, Eric!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Dave,

Well, that’s a heck of a way to finish the year . . . and another terrific vocal by Chris. Your guitar work slays as usual. For some reason this reminds me of a Heart song . . . it has an 80’s vibe to it that’s really engaging. Great work all around!

Kind regards,

Deej

Thanks for the listen, Deej!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 08:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Awesome production. I have a zillion Waves plug-ins but..... smile

For you guys we really need a template full of superlatives that
we can post for your tunes...actually even before we hear the tune
and still be accurate!

Amongst much goodness we always note how perfectly you sit
Chris' vocals and your guitars in the mix. Easy to say...hard to
nail (at least for many of us).

Chris' lyrics are never overwrought and like this one are so expertly
crafted for her cool vocal chops.

And your guitar? What more can be said...great playing and tone that
is always tempered by an abundance of taste.

Nice!

J&B

Thanks as always Janice and Bud!

As far as mixing goes there are a few people here that I always listen extra closely too when it comes to how they mix the song, and you are one of those guys. Your mixes are always top notch in my opinion.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 08:21 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I love when you come whipping in with the solo and really deliver the goods! Great collab you got going on, it just works!

Thanks! We have fun with it, that is the most important thing I think.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 08:22 AM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Dave,

Now this is my kind of music!

Loved the guitar work and Chris's vocal is sublime.

Having a few hearing problems at the moment, so it's hard for me
to comment on the mix, but what I hear sounds great.

Very professional all round.

ROG.

Hey ROG,

Thanks for the listen and comments. Very good to see you here again!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 08:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
You finished off the year with a BANG!!! Cool tune.....tons of energy and excitement! Chris nails the vocal, and Dave's guitar is sweet as honey!! Happy New Year guys!! Take care. Greg

Thanks as always for the support, Greg!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 08:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Your guitar solo is K-A.

What a rolling rocker!

Great vocal --Chris is always right on the money.

The guitar work energizes this song and gives it powerful momentum.

Thanks, Scott!
Posted By: jannesan Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 02:00 PM
Very nice to notice how naturally you can write also a fast blues rock song. Nice intro, very memorable hook riff through the song, great guitar sound (and playing of course) in the solo parts. Mix, lyrics and Chris's vocals are hit list quality once more.

Janne
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Dave,

I missed this song I noticed. Very sorry for that! Especially because it is a very good bluesy rocker. a good beat, very nice solo and -of course- outstanding vocalperformance by Christine.
What can I say to let you learn from my critics? Nothing. It's just a very good song. It has everything in it. i can only learn from you how to mix my songs...

Hans

Hi Hans,

No worries about missing the song, very easy to miss a song these days with so much new material being added everyday.

Mixing is an ongoing process for me, always something new to learn. But, fun!

Thanks for the listen and comments, I appreciate it.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 10:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice groove. This is some good stuff. You are getting the vocal right. Easy to hear and understand and it sets nicely in the mix.

The guitar: nice playing and that tone sounds like a straight up humbucker into a 50w or less tube amp cranked up to the edge but not over the top. Just curious.... what is the setup? I do like that tone. Just the right amount of grit in the speakers.

Hi Herb,

To answer your gear questions, the guitar on this song is a homemade strat I built using a body and neck I bought from Warmoth. The pickups are from lace sensor, they are single coils but are noiseless and high output.

It is playing though the S-Gear amp sim, I’ve been using that for a few years now ever since Tom Adams turned me onto it. And I fed that through the CLA Guitars plugin.

My favourite setup when I used to play out was straight into a tube amp, in my case I used a 40 watt Fender Blues Deluxe which I still have, and that is the sound I try and emulate with the amp sim. I think I get pretty close.

Thanks for the listen and comments!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 10:23 PM
Hello Dave,

I installed CLA Bass yesterday and it's really good - thanks for the hint. Just bought Waves Vocal Rider which is highly recommended and might solve my personal problem of singing too dynamically (if you want to express that fact euphemistically...).

Have a nice weekend,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I’m happy you like CLA Bass! And yes, Vocal Rider is a great plugin, I almost always use it in Chris’s vocals. I’ve used it on a B3 track too to tame some of the dynamics.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Nice song!
Great vocals.
Sweet guitar.
Well mixed.

Thanks, Captain!

I see you just posted a new song, I’ll be along shortly to give it a spin.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 10:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Beautiful work Dave and Chris! I love the way this moves! The separation between the instruments is great! Everything in this production is clean and clear! The guitar playing and sound is as good as it gets! Chris's vocal is flawless! This is pro level as far as I'm concerned! Thanks, Torrey

Very much appreciate that, Torrey!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 10:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Dave,

You and Chris have done it again!

I don't know how you keep on raising the bar. I already thought that you'd taken it as high as it can go... but I seem to be wrong. All I can do now is to keep on add "+" after A. I think this has to be around A++++++++++++ by now.

This is a great sound. I love that bass. The clarity that you have achieved is awesome. It's so easy to hear each note.

Everything about this sizzles. Everything.

Chris's vocals are excellent, and then some, and her writing is very very strong. I love the chorus and how the lyrics and melody flow.

However I look at this, it's mind-bogglingly good!

All the best,
Noel

Hi Noel,

Man, you always write such great reviews! Thanks very much smile

And your latest one with Steve ... talk about raising the bar!!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't let go - 01/13/20 10:32 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very nice to notice how naturally you can write also a fast blues rock song. Nice intro, very memorable hook riff through the song, great guitar sound (and playing of course) in the solo parts. Mix, lyrics and Chris's vocals are hit list quality once more.

Janne

Thanks, Janne!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Don't let go - 01/14/20 04:17 AM
BU
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hello Dave,

Have a nice weekend,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I’m happy you like CLA Bass! And yes, Vocal Rider is a great plugin, I almost always use it in Chris’s vocals. I’ve used it on a B3 track too to tame some of the dynamics.

Hello Dave,

I managed to buy the CLA signature selection which contains all (or modt) of the plug-ins you mentioned for 55 Euros yesterday - about the equivalent of 2 pizzas and a couple of beers in a mid-price Italian restaurant cool That was quite a batgain, I think...

Thanks a lot for your hints.

Have a great day,

Stefan
© PG Music Forums