PG Music Home
Posted By: RayL Leaving At 10 - 01/11/20 11:43 AM
This one is a straight ahead jazz tune. Played on a Gibson archtop guitar, recorded without an amp direct into the Studio One DAW.

In an effort to get BIAB's musician to play exactly what I want, I grabbed some notes from the bass RealTrack and assigned them to the sampler instrument in Studio One so that I could add in extra notes as needed. You can hear that in the intro; the bass plays a unison line with the guitar.

The piano is a MIDI Super Track. The instrument is the Presence piano from Studio One's instrument set.

https://soundcloud.com/ray_legnini/leaving-at-10

RealTracks in style: ~2285:Bass, Acoustic, JazzSwingRonA-B Sw 140
RealTracks in style: ~2289:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzSwingKenny Sw 140

MIDI SuperTracks in song: ~~2342:Piano, Rhythm JazzSwingKenny Sw 140
MIDI SuperTracks in song: ~~2342:Piano, Rhythm JazzSwingKenny Sw 140

RealDrums in Style: JazzSwingLewis^01-a:Brushes, Snare , b:Brushes Swirl, Busy Snare
Posted By: dcuny Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/11/20 04:29 PM
Love it! Great playing, enjoyable tune! laugh

Small nit - the drums seemed to my - entirely non-expert - ears as a bit hot, especially when the drummer added his hits.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/11/20 07:49 PM
Ray, that was absolutely fantastic! Actually I believe that is the best jazz guitar I have heard here.

Sweet tone and some awesome chops. You mix was excellent also.
Great work with the bass and guitar intro.

Loved it!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/11/20 10:46 PM
Hi Ray.

Wow!!! This is really, really good listening. You're talented guitarist indeed. The mix sounds excellent and your lead guitar sits perfectly surrounded by a very tasty backing.

Thank you heaps for the tip on using a sampler with a RT bass, too. There are lots of possibilities with this!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: PeterF Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/12/20 07:33 PM
Brilliant playing - made me very envious.

A superb piece of jazz guitar.

Loved it.

Peter
Posted By: musician17 Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/12/20 08:23 PM
This is just stratospheric guitar playing and writing. Sometimes I genuinely wonder what I'm doing round here amid such amazing musicians. Be that as it may be (my wondering), you are a great musician without a doubt - that piece and the guitar playing kept me glued to it, and that doesn't always happen. In short - well done!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/12/20 09:53 PM
I'm sitting in my studio listening and looking at the Wes Montgomery album on the wall and getting in the groove.

Excellent playing, nice song production.
Posted By: Jim Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/13/20 02:26 PM
Very nicely done...
I enjoyed listening...
And I like you superb picking!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/14/20 01:19 PM
Wow - incredible playing on this smile It flows effortlessly and has a nice groove too. I found it easy to follow and thought the mix was top notch also.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/14/20 09:34 PM
great playing, maybe the best I've heard here. That's any instrument, any genre. I could listen to this stuff all day.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/28/20 08:42 AM
Hi Ray,

this is just awesome: Great playing, beautiful tone. Perfect backing track. VERY enjoyable!!!

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/28/20 08:20 PM
Yes, yes! So good. Your guitar playing is primo!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Leaving At 10 - 01/28/20 09:12 PM
Ray, that guitar tone and playing is AWESOME! I love that stuff...cold listen all day! Great tune that moves along so sweet! Great job putting all those backing instruments down on this! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Leaving At 10 - 02/01/20 04:33 PM
What to say!

Your performance is remarkable in both note choice and tone.
If we had a club featuring this around here we'd be there
tonight.

Just outstanding!

J&B

PS Cool the way you comped up those bass notes...I would have done
it in a more tedious manner smile
© PG Music Forums