PG Music Home
Posted By: musician17 Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/22/20 10:04 AM
Hello everyone, once again.

Firstly, THANK YOU for all your kind comments on my latest songs. I've been a little busy these past few days, so I've had no chance to reply - and thought I'd thank you all here instead of bumping up each song again :-) THANK YOU!!!

A special thanks to Ray C. Upon hearing my song, "Busy, Crazy World", he messaged me and ever so kindly offered to apply some effects on the voice track for me, to make it more professional sounding. I duly sent him the voice track on its own - and I think you'll agree he's done a tremendous job here.

Here's the link to his mix: https://soundcloud.com/jamesdelsono/busy-crazy-world-the-ray-c-mix

and here's the link to my own, original, mix - just so you can compare: https://soundcloud.com/jamesdelsono/busy-crazy-world

Lyrics and BIAB track details are below.

THANKS Ray once more, sorry it took me so long to post this up - what an effort from you, though. Cheers!

P.S. I will be back to listen to people's songs more on here ... just not today, I'm wired to one of those 24 hour heart monitors today and I'm scared that an up-tempo song might just send the readings off the chart, haha ... soon as it's off (tomorrow), I'll be back to listen to everyone's offerings! :-) Cheers everyone :-)

LYRICS:

In a busy, crazy world
Where stories go untold,
Where people go unseen
Let us not be a "has been".

Let our love not be in vain
Let our joy live through the pain
Let our laughter ring out loud
Let our tears make no sound

As we silently embrace
As we kiss and, face to face,
Smile and know our love will last
Even if our time is past ...

Hold me
Though the pain may be too sharp
Touch me
Though the night may be too dark

Kiss me
Even if life fades away
Love me
Even if there's just today ...

In a busy crazy world (Hold me)
Where stories go untold
Where people go unseen
Let us not be a "has been"

As we silently embrace (Kiss me)
As we kiss and, face to face,
Smile and know our love will last
Even as our time is past ...

I love you.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Busy, Crazy World
File:Busy, Crazy World - 12 January 2020.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 65, Length (m:s)=3:55
No intro. 60 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 60. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
Soloist track has 102 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Soloist is saved with the song : Mandola BG AmericanaFolk16th (3150)
Style is _SVELTE.STY (Svelte Gospel Americana)

RealTracks in style: 2877:Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 2808:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm SoulfulPop16thsMike Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 2879:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSparseSlow16thsColin Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 1596:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 065
RealDrums [in style:PraiseWorshipSlow16ths^3-a:Hat, b:H24

This is a really solid remix - I remember the original, after following your link to the previous post. I love how smoothly this flows - it works as a fantastic backdrop for your sincere and intimate vocal performance.

Great work all around, thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/22/20 07:02 PM
Both mixes are really well done.
I'm not sure if I want to choose one over the other.
Nice tune with a great production.
Rob4580
Posted By: rayc Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/23/20 04:12 AM
To be upfront and honest all I did was treat the vocal to address some of the proximity effect, plosives and sibilants with a little EQ automation fo the former and preFX volume automation for the latter two.
The arrangement and mix are all James' considered and gentle work.
I was keen to work on this becasue James' vocal is much more confident than usual which, as we all know, lead to a better overall performance.
Thanks for the opportunity James and for the generous mention.

Posted By: musician17 Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/23/20 04:58 AM
Thank *you*, Ray ... very kind!
Posted By: Jim Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/24/20 04:39 PM
Good job James & Ray
As I said before
I surely enjoy listening to you sing!

BTW...
I pray your medical condition is OK.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/24/20 11:29 PM
The vocal is cleaner and it easier to hear and enjoy the good qualities of the song on the new mix.
The instrumental break could probably benefit from a solo instrument and I was imagining some oohs/aahs behind you on the chorus.
Its a warm intimate song.

Robert
Posted By: bluage Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/25/20 03:44 AM
Mr. Delsono...

The gentleness of your expression of the obviously heart-felt lyrics, and the sense of total commitment and devotion to a loved one that they describe, wraps your song, Busy, Crazy World in a fine mist of quietly romantic contemplation that is startling in its sweetness. I can't remember the last time I listened to a man sing about his feelings for someone in such an arresting, unself-conscious manner. To describe my experience of listening to it as 'touching' would be a gross understatement. It was simply...lovely.

The Real Tracks were ideal selections to illuminate the feel and tone of the lyrics. I didn't listen to the original version, but I'm sure 'RayC' deserves every bit of the 'special thanks' you bestowed upon him, as I, too, have been a beneficiary of his acute sound engineering skills in a previous post.

This is song is the kind of warm and tender thing that could slow down the racing heart of the world, so that everyone could have a chance to look around and 'smell the roses'.

Truly,

LOREN
Posted By: musician17 Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/25/20 06:37 AM
Jim: thank you. From a singer such as yourself, saying that you enjoy listening to my own singing is praise indeed for me - I'm grateful. And thanks for the good wishes for my health - I should be fine! just didn't want to risk an uptempo song with a heart monitor attached to me, haha ... such is human nature ...

Robertkc: there was a mandola solo on the second instrumental break. I didn't want to overdo it, so didn't add it to the first. I'll definitely think about the ooh/aah idea, though - thanks!

Loren/bluage: what considered, kind and thoughtful feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed the song like that - and thanks for taking the time to write such nice and, again, thoughtful words. I always follow rayc with interest on this forum, as he's been spot on every time I've read his comments on my songs, so when he messaged me to say he'd do a little work on my voice track, I was obviously delighted! And yes, no matter how modest he may be about it, I think he's done a great job here, which I was sure he would!

Thanks, everyone, once more for listening and for commenting!
James,
Interesting composition. Yes, I agree with comments above, your vocals are more cleaner and settled with Ray's help. Mix is good! I would still do something more to vocals. Maybe a little bit more reverb and stereo for this particular piece. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/25/20 04:09 PM
I didn't listen to the initial version, but I did to the remix.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the "almost spoken" song, but I enjoyed it in spite of myself. wink
Both good.
Ray C. mix has a more focused vocal.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/25/20 09:12 PM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Both good.
Ray C. mix has a more focused vocal.

Yes both are good but Ray's mix better. I wouldn't change a thing on this one.

PS - I really liked the ending!
James, there is a lovely message in this song and you did a great job delivering it! The processing on the vocal really made it shine! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/27/20 04:03 AM
Hi James and Ray,

This sounds great.

The original mix sounded fine but there's no doubt about it, Ray certainly knows how to swivel knobs and slide sliders in just the right way to bring out the very best in instruments and vocals.

Kudos to you both.

James, thank you for posting both links. It certainly helped with comparing.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: musician17 Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/27/20 07:21 AM
Thanks all! I'm trying to learn the ABC's of production myself, these days (and failing at it! haha), but there's no substitute for a professional ear such as Ray's, of course. I'm so happy you enjoyed the track!
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
James, there is a lovely message in this song and you did a great job delivering it! The processing on the vocal really made it shine! Thanks, Torrey

We both feel that Torrey said it well...

So dittos from us!

J&B
Posted By: musician17 Re: Busy, Crazy World (the Ray C. remix!) - 01/27/20 01:56 PM
Thanks!!!
© PG Music Forums