PG Music Home
Posted By: Bruce B Something Must Change - 01/30/20 03:35 AM
https://soundcloud.com/bruce-boome/something-must-change The closest genre I can come up with is bluesy soul. I'd been playing around with the arpeggiated chords (apart from the vocal the only thing recorded live). I rarely use a style, I hunt for the closest tracks to my vision.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Something Must Change - 01/30/20 12:32 PM
Nice work on this - I definitely understand calling it bluesy soul, it is definitely a unique tune though. I thought your vocal fit nicely with the instrumentation, and it has a good groove to it.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Bruce B Re: Something Must Change - 01/31/20 02:07 AM
Thanks, Derek. I've been inactive for a while, but have been doing a lot of work - but I'm forcing myself not to post it all at once.
Posted By: rayc Re: Something Must Change - 01/31/20 06:52 AM
The vocal could use a little boost - it does creep up a little and dip again but, generally, should be about as loud as the snare I think.
It's a good song melodically and the narrative about recognizing the need for "change" is good too.
Posted By: Bruce B Re: Something Must Change - 01/31/20 12:40 PM
Thanks for the tip Rayc. I find it difficult mixing myself, and you're not the first to advise me to bump up my vocals. I'm going through all my recordings this weekend and correcting that. I think I do it because I hate my voice.
Posted By: Jim Re: Something Must Change - 02/02/20 05:43 PM
A good blues tune...
Reminds me of the songs on Specialty Records...
I always enjoyed hearing as a kid!
Good Job
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Something Must Change - 02/05/20 02:36 PM
Don't lose your MoJo.
Kelp? Oh My!
smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Something Must Change - 02/06/20 06:22 PM
That try kelp line really is exceptional, as was that booze line!

Something must change but not with this song. Don't change a thing!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Something Must Change - 02/14/20 10:00 PM
Hi Bruce,

I really like this!

You've created and assembled a very good, very engaging piece of music. I love your vocals and the blues backing!

Everything sounded fine to me as I listened on speakers. I enjoyed the journey.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Something Must Change - 02/14/20 10:43 PM
This song has a really unique tone to it, and I think you did a wonderful job making something original. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Something Must Change - 02/15/20 01:23 AM
Nice progression and a good vocal.

Well produced and written.

Peter
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Something Must Change - 02/15/20 12:47 PM
Nice changes, and good choice of tracks. That's something that mustn't change. I like the vocal, and a little louder would bring it out better.
© PG Music Forums