PG Music Home
Posted By: Skoon66 First Post Here - 02/10/20 01:32 PM
https://soundcloud.com/braddh66/like-the-rain/s-VPVgG

Wrote this song in Jan. 2020, lead and Rhythm Guitars by me.
Used Band in the Box Style, Medium Pop Country Mandolin.
Also used Cakewalk.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: First Post Here - 02/10/20 06:38 PM
Really good pop effort here, love the lead-in to the chorus. Felt like the solo could've been more up front, but others here are better at assessing that than I am. Nice tune and nice guitar playing that had me tapping my foot along to it.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: First Post Here - 02/10/20 06:48 PM
Sounds really good, Brad. Seems well-mixed, and I agree with TuneMonger's comment (although I'm even less qualified to assess wink ) on bringing the lead a bit out front. BiaB is great, but it always helps to add your own tracks. Well done.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: First Post Here - 02/10/20 07:47 PM
Brad,

Good job of combining the BAIB RealTracks with your own guitar tracks. They sit nicely there and some cool licks along the way.

Welcome to the Showcase.

fj
Posted By: MarioD Re: First Post Here - 02/10/20 09:03 PM
Brad, this is an excellent first post. Also welcome.

"Turn love into a joke", what a great line! Super chops. I think the mix is perfect as is.

Super first post.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: First Post Here - 02/10/20 09:20 PM
Love your guitar playing. I agree with Mario: Great lyrical hook: "Turn love into a joke."
Posted By: Tangmo Re: First Post Here - 02/11/20 12:16 AM
Well constructed song with a very solid progression. I was kinda hoping that the lead guitar might come in stronger, "volume" wise. It was well played and positioned to really take over. Thanks for sharing, It's nice to meet you.
Posted By: rayc Re: First Post Here - 02/11/20 01:33 AM
Nice song...
Some essing to treat and there seems to be a bit of "room" on the vocals that's holding it a little away from the mix. Your harmonies are cool.
The arrangement is pretty tidy though the bass, to my mind, doesn't fit.
Posted By: Skoon66 Re: First Post Here - 02/11/20 12:23 PM
Thanks everyone, I know there was some master and mixing concerns, at the time thought it sounded ok, I'm never satisfied with vocals, getting the right sound, and I originally had lead guitar louder, but thought ppl might think it was too strong, lol guess I should of went with my first instinct.
Anyway thanks for the feedback.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: First Post Here - 02/12/20 06:57 PM
Brad,

Nice first post! Your chorus is catchy and the mix spreads things out nicely! Very fine job with the guitars! Welcome to a great forum! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Skoon66 Re: First Post Here - 02/13/20 10:35 AM
Thanks Torrey, I did upload a new version, where I addressed some issues, others brought to my attention, mainly bringing vocals closer, and guitar solo.
Also just wrote a new song I just put on Soundcloud, about my life.
Think you can to it from the same link, and clicking on my picture, not sure. new to all this uploading stuff.
© PG Music Forums