PG Music Home
Mario's Version of Icelanders' The Tremendous Travellers

This is Icelander's original version:

https://soundcloud.com/eddie-icelander/tremendous-travellers

He used SF2 MIDI sounds. I said that if you wish I could add some better sound sources. He said he has better sounds but here are the stems and do whatever you want to do with it.

I did some changes from the original. I deleted the guitar and accordion tracks. I modified the drums, changed the trumpet sound, and added some slight vibrato and volume changes to it. I added cabassa and maraca tracks.

I hope you like it for what it is.
Mario,
your modification/interpretation sounds much less midi - largely to the change in melody carrying voice.
The maraca is a little loud for my taste but overall i think you've taken this track quite a few steps forward.
The change is bass & bass level makes a huge difference.
The phrasing of the melody is still a little "mechanical" but it is what it is.
Good job.
Missed this one Mario. Really like this piece of music. Very jazzy :-). Well done
Mario, that's a very interesting piece and I really like what you did with it! The mix sounds great! It captivates the attention of the listener! Nice work! Thanks, Torrey
Different but in a very engaging way...

It was fun listening to both versions.

Gotta love this forum's collabs!

J&B
Good one, Mario. I was hoping you would come in with a vocal, but the trumpet worked great.
I like what you did with this. Clever interpretation of the original. I especially like the melody instrument (horn?).
Thanx everyone for listening and commenting.

Ray, I agree that the lead is very mechanical.

Ed, if you ever heard me sing you would know why I do instrumentals!
Both are very nice to listen to and I don't want to choose a favourite
Both are very nice to listen to and I don't want to choose a favourite
Mario,

Your changes really make all the difference here. It sounds like a finely tuned and cohesive song. Love the trumpet treatment.

Bob
I've heard you sing, Mario, or an approximation of same. I found it rather charming & would like to hear more.
Nice work on this - I like both versions a lot, but this is my first time hearing the original as well. I really liked the trumpet on this, and thought it flowed really well too.

Thanks for sharing smile
Nice work, Mario.
Mario - I tried to open the first link but it was not found and says may have been removed. Just wanted to let you know.
Originally Posted By: EdZ314
Mario - I tried to open the first link but it was not found and says may have been removed. Just wanted to let you know.
Same for me just now (you should've told me about it once you finished it, Mario), which is a real shame since I was obviously looking very forward to this! smirk
Hey Mario, I couldn't hear your version. Sound cloud says that it may have been removed.
Is that correct?

Mike B.
An updated version for those still interested that missed the first one:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=82027&Number=583966
© PG Music Forums