PG Music Home
Hi Folks,
I had a tune in Russian that I wrote some time ago and wanted to do a English version  of it.  I had difficulty translating it, so decided to rewrite lyrics completely, leaving theme intact. It is a parody on foodie movement. Original tune was all MIDI. I took my chances and tapped David Bell for this little project. Fortunately for me he agreed and wrote two amazing guitar tracks. He plays lead and rhythm guitars on this. Special thanks to Ray C. for editing lyrics! All constructive feedback is welcomed. Thank you for listening!
Misha.

GourmandObluez

Lyrics:

Put on your apron,
Let’s start the dance
Today is the day
To fry Cornish hens
Hands are thoroughly washed
Take a deep breath
Wipe the dust from
Stainless pots and pans

Hot oil bubbles like a volcano
My chicks, ready for the bath
Moves measured tightly with precision
Put doubts aside, no time to rest

Start meditating, release your thoughts
Today we’ll prepare a zesty tomato sauce
Old fashion cooking was never an easy task
Like flying space rockets - just ask Mister Elon Musk

Don't bring the potion to a boil
Churn slowly peeled tomato guts
I am standing like a hypnotized gargoyle
Dreaming of pasta with steaming garlic knots

Don't shed a tear,
Straighten your hair net
Today we cook a delicious vinaigrette
Sweet onion rings, beets fully cooked
Hold the knife steady - don't get spooked

The scent of supper is flying like a demon
Tickling my nostrils with feathered wings
Like a long journey of bearded seaman
I arrive at the table- it’s time to eat.

Tech stuff:I used BIAB only for drums, which are RealDrums=128POP
Lead/Rhythm guitars- David Bell
Lyric editing - Ray C.
Midi / Halion Sonic synths
recorded in Cakewalk.
Oh, yeah, Anything with Dave Bell!! Great choice, Misha. Hahaha. I love those lyrics and the vocals. Great harmonies, and other assorted screams.
Great collaboration guys! Misha, everything you do always has a unique and interesting sound to it! Plus you can't ever go wrong by having Dave's great guitar playing on a track!! Thanks, Torrey.
Hello Misha. I always love the way you deliver the lyrics.
Love the lyrics and melody. What a great collab.
Congrats to all involved. Rob4580
I liked the new elements we don't usually hear in your tunes, that really helped to refresh your work. Your style, I think, lends itself to this and I would do it whenever possible. Enjoyed it.
Misha,
mate, all I did was look at your lyrics and say - well done.
You had it sorted.
This is a fine track & Dave's playing really is the icing on the cake.
I enjoyed this very much.
Thanks for your generosity.
Thanks for the music.
Bapu,
thank you for listening and fun comments!
----
Torrey,
thank you for your support & feedback! Certainly, Dave took this tune a whole level higher!
---
Rob,
Thank you for giving this time and your positive comments!
---
TuneMonger,
Thank you! These type of tunes are pure fun to work on. Will take your advice smile
---
Ray,
Thank you for your support! I always trust your judgement when it comes to editing lyrics. You are always careful with structure making small, but very important comments and corrections that help me a lot!
Super start with Dave's guitar, it has very delicious heavy sound. Interesting chord progression in this Slavic blues. Nice idea to use spoken parts - brings bit Leonard Cohen to the sauce. Surprising subject for a blues song, makes me wanna eat smile I like the scary part, higlighted by the organ and the scream. Tasty collaboration, very balanced mix of talent, creativity and skills, more than sum of its ingredients.

Janne
Hi Misha,

You cooked something nice from the ingredients Dave and Ray helped you with.
At the intro my mind flew to Black Velvet (same kind of rhythm), but then you came in with your strong and mysterious voice!
Very well done the three of you.

Now I try to cook that dinner you sang about...

Hans
Super collaboration. Dave’s guitar is excellent. Super vocal backtrack. You and Ray did a great job on the lyrics. Well done
Misha,

A tasty lyric!

Delicious music. Dave's guitar is icing on the cake.

Ingredients mixed well. Ray always seasons thing nicely.

Going back for seconds!!

Yum.

fj
Misha / Dave

Super entertaining and a novel concept. Enjoyed the lyrics and of course Dave's excellent guitar work.

Top notch collaboration.

Peter
Thanks to everyone that mentioned my small part in this very cool song, and thanks to Misha for the invite. Lots of fun!
I'm a weirdo who rarely cooks but loves watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. This was a lot of fun. Mr. Bell is masterful. The song is none too serious (at least without major thought--hard to do when mouth watering) but delightfully "pompous" for lack of a better word. Very much enjoyed.
Misha,
Your sense of songwriting fun is irrepressible... and these clever lyrics belong in one of the wacky animation movies my son loves.
Love your vocal and those slices of Dave`s guitar on the side.
Another helping ( hold the onions) please!

Robert
Janne,
"Slavic blues" smile new genre? Thank you for listening and your fun comments.
--
Hans,
Thank you for listening and your support! Poffertjes for me please.
--
FJ,
smile Thank you for fun comments!
--
Peter,
Thank you for listening and your support!
--
Dave,
It was a pleasure and an honor to have you on this tune!
--
Tangmo,
Thank you for your support and fun feedback! Maybe in the future we will have a little "gimme now" button on the TV... So you press it at final stage of cooking show, and Amazon drone delivers (a clone of) that meal by drone next few minutes..
--
Robert,
Thank you for listening and your kind comments!

Misha.
Misha / Dave / Ray,

Now that is different and extremely cool. A really creative and awesome collaboration...

Loved it!

Bob
Really cool tune!! Cannot do better than to bring in blues session man Dave Bell!! Great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg
Surprisingly we are the first to mention Zappa!

The vocal, the lyric, guitar (Zappa was a great
guitar player) all give this that feel.

I (Bud) had a buddy who played bass with Frank so I
guess I have some notion of what I'm saying smile Maybe...

We enjoyed the lyric and the vocal/guitar performances!

J&B
Bob,
Thank you for listening and your support!
---
Greg,
Thank you! True, I got lucky with Dave smile
---
J&B,
Thank you for your support and mentioning great mr.Z.
That was not the intention, to do something inline, but I do have deep respect for that man smile
You all should be very proud of this one. Great vocal and mix but those lyrics, WOW! They were very tasty!

But I did have one problem with this song: Now I'm hungry!

This is a super song.
Great collaboration guys...
Its amazing about all the unique creative songs...
We hear on the User Showcase...
And no one is better than Misha!
© PG Music Forums