PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/24/20 04:21 PM
Many of you remember this recent song.

Fade to Grey

I just got more news that my local big city radio station is going to be featuring this song on their local songwriter's and artists program this Sunday night. March 1 9pm to 9:30pm and the station is 94.7 in Raleigh NC.... you can stream it live on the interweb.

Thought you might like to know..... this is the second song of mine that is being featured and yup.... my band is the Kill Branch Studio Band (Band in a Box).

Note: this is a collab between myself and David Snyder.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/24/20 04:24 PM
Herb,

That is completely awesome! Congratulations - it is a great song!

Bob
Posted By: Scott C Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/24/20 04:47 PM
This is an excellent song. Super vocal and backtrack. Guitar sounds great. Congrats on getting your songs featured
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/24/20 07:57 PM
WTG Herb. Cool to revisit it.

And we're glad a tune like this is out on the airwaves...refreshing!

J&B
Posted By: rayc Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/24/20 08:12 PM
Is it me or is there a little left lean in the stereo image?
The melody is very Neil Young which is nice.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/24/20 11:32 PM
Hi Herb ...

I'd never heard this one before ... but really glad I found it this time. It's a terrific song! It shines in the way all your posts do. Really, really nice. And that's a pretty cool band you have!

Congrats on the airplay! I wish more stations would play local artist here and there. Good luck with it. Best to you ...

Alan

PS: and a tip of the hat to David for his work on it.

Alan
Posted By: bluage Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/25/20 02:48 AM
Hello, 'guitarhacker' & Mr. Snyder...

Man, your lyrics -- they're sharp, cinematic, even as they describe scenes that you only see in your dreams, where real, tangible objects becomes symbols for emotions:

"...tears passed under that old bridge..." (That is surrealistically beautiful, gentlemen.)

"The clock, turns so slowly, but the years flew by so fast" (Splendid contrast in the way we experience the passage of time, inwardly -- you can imagine a ruthless wind ripping pages out of a calendar book as a clock's hands wind down slower, slower, slower, until they pass into the realm of 'no-time', or 'anti-time'...)

"But your hand still comes up empty as you close and lock that door" (Gentlemen, this is downright spooky! The sense of loss, of emptiness, is strong enough to touch. The man's future is as dark as a keyhole.)

Always enjoy your singing, 'guitarhacker'! And I seem to be always surprised by your vocal range, and the expressiveness that accompanies it. Though they're not indicated, the Real Style and the Real Tracks drive the lyrics with their catchy, country energy straight down the fast lane.

'guitarhacker', Mr. Snyder, if your songs could be cars, they'd be limited-edition collector's items cool !

Truly-ooly,

LOREN

P.S. Congratulations on having your song broadcast cool !!!

Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/25/20 02:59 AM
Great song, I enjoyed it. Hope it gets some recognition for you.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/25/20 04:55 PM
Rsdean, Scott, Janice and Bud.... Thanks.

Hope you can tune in as there are a lot of really amazing talented people in NC that are featured on the show. All local NC musicians and writers.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/25/20 04:59 PM
Congratulations, Herb & David. Great vocal and backing track.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/26/20 11:33 AM
Rayc, Al-David, Bluage, Tunemonger, & Marty. Thanks for the kind words.

Loren, nice in depth look at the lyrics. It's rewarding to have someone like yourself come back and really dig into the words and tell how they touched your soul. To give you the real tracks I'd have to look back.... You can probably find it through a search for the original post from last year.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/26/20 02:01 PM
Couldn't stream this the other day, so I'm glad that it worked today. What a great song. Congrats on the airplay. Well deserved to you, David, and the Band. Touched my heart.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/28/20 08:00 PM
Really great job all the way around Herb! I like the song, and that you are being featured is awesome. Congrats!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 02/29/20 05:24 PM
My browser won't play this. I think I remember it. Congrats Herb!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 03/01/20 11:30 AM
Tonight's the night... hope you can tune in and stream it.

And thanks for commenting on this.

I have a few new tunes in the writing stages (3) so keep one eye open in the new few weeks....
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 03/01/20 11:49 PM
Herb,

You sounded great on the radio tonight man!!
Posted By: Jim Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 03/10/20 01:48 PM
Congratulations again guys on a great song...
And on the the radio air play!
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 03/11/20 12:17 PM
Love the title "Fade to Gray", interesting contemplation of what was and what never can be. Nice upbeat melody.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 03/14/20 02:07 AM
Herb,

Really good song—congrats on the airplay. It’s nice to now radio stations in the U.S. still feature local artist play. I think that’s a rarity, I think. Anyway, cool tune. Good luck with it!

My best to you,

Deej
Posted By: musician17 Re: Fade TO Grey ( news ) - 03/14/20 09:46 AM
Brilliant. So well crafted, I'm not surprised in the slightest the radio people wanted to play it. SUPERB lyrics, too. Great job!
© PG Music Forums