PG Music Home
Posted By: Mr_Songman Hungry For You. - 02/25/20 05:08 AM
Hi all,

Here's another from my Country collection, a country rocker this time instead of a ballad.

All comments welcome as always.

My songs are recorded as demo's for the purpose of pitching to publishers, labels and artists and as such are not full production masters.

Equipment: Roland VS 1680
Digitech Vocalist VR
Yamaha MSP5 Monitors
Behringer MDX2600
Rode NT1 Microphone
Art Studio V3 Pre Amp
Lurssen Mastering Console

Soloist is saved with the song : Guitar,El,Solo,RockMed Ev120 (1169)
Style is _SZFLASH.STY (Stonez Flash)

RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~~520:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 165
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~499:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm StoneZ Flash 1 Ev 140
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~505:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm StoneZ Flash 2 Ev 140
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleEven8^8-a:Snare, HiHat Open , b:Snare, Ride

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=10380239
Posted By: rayc Re: Hungry For You. - 02/25/20 06:57 AM
Your 1st three syllables are swallowed by the intro.
The vocals are a little hot in spots.
This sounds like something Dave Edmunds would've written and enjoyed playing.
Nice.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Hungry For You. - 02/25/20 10:19 AM
ZZ Top lyrics meets Carl Perkins musicians. Results? Hot stuff.

If I were to offer a suggestion, it would be to drop a couple of the "choruses" (When you leave a room girl the way you walk...) and turn the one left into a change-up vocal bridge. Four minutes is a little long for a rockabilly number, imo, and that would cut some of the fat. I like what you do, though.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Hungry For You. - 02/25/20 11:01 AM
Nicely done! Tangmo's comparison is surprisingly accurate - I liked the tune though. It's nicely catchy and got a great groove.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Hungry For You. - 02/25/20 06:37 PM
Good fun- had me bopping.
Maybe a little long for your stated purpose ( getting a publisher`s interest), but well written and arranged.

Robert
Posted By: Al-David Re: Hungry For You. - 02/26/20 01:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Good fun- had me bopping.
Maybe a little long for your stated purpose ( getting a publisher`s interest), but well written and arranged.

Robert

Hi Martin ...

I agree with what Robert said. But, it was a really great listen! Might I suggest that the bass line should come a little more up front in the mix? That would really reinforce the terrific drum track you chose.

All that said, the song is a real sweet listen. Much like someone else mention ... ZZ Top dropping in Carl perkins. Real nice!

Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Hungry For You. - 02/27/20 03:18 AM
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the listen. I was concerned about the '3 syllables' comment as I know it is easy to miss something like that when you know the words so well, so I enquired on all the other music groups I belong to but no one found a problem with it. I guess your ears are better tuned to that sort of thing, but your opinion is welcome as always.

As to the vocal, I'm sure your right but I kinda like a grittier, more 'live' sound to a vocal so I use very little processing on the vocal.
But as it's a demo, I'm selling the song rather than the performance and publishers seem to find that acceptable.

Also, as I don't use a DAW I have no way to EQ or process the vocal after it's laid down, so I have to get it right 'live'.

I love writing and performing my songs, I hate recording them so I pretty much get them done and out of the way as best I can.

Thanks again for listening and the helpful comments.

Martin
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Hungry For You. - 02/27/20 03:23 AM
Hi Tangmo,

Thanks for listening. I never could come up with a bridge I liked so went for the 'chorus' as a hook.
You're right about song length but when submitting this song I would fade early, cutting out the last instrumental and getting it nearer to 3 mins. I only let this run because I like it! smile

Thanks again

Martin
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Hungry For You. - 02/27/20 03:25 AM
Hi Deryk,

Thanks for the listen and the kind comments.

Martin
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Hungry For You. - 02/27/20 03:27 AM
Hi Robert,

Glad you had fun - it's just a fun song. As I stated earlier, I would trim this before submission as, you're right, it's a little long.

Thanks for the kind words.

Martin
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Hungry For You. - 02/27/20 03:32 AM
Hi Alan,

Thanks for listening, glad you liked it. The 'bass line' suggestion is well noted and makes perfect sense. Thanks for that.

And yes, ZZ Top, Carl with a huge nod to dear ol' Chuck. smile

Thanks again

Martin
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Hungry For You. - 02/28/20 05:37 PM
Martin,

A good rockin' number. I like the energy of the vocal. A solid write (for the style).

I think the mix holds together well...

fj
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Hungry For You. - 03/02/20 04:29 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Martin,

A good rockin' number. I like the energy of the vocal. A solid write (for the style).

I think the mix holds together well...

fj

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment. As you said, just a fun rocking little number. Glad you thought it was good. smile

Martin
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Hungry For You. - 03/02/20 07:47 AM
Chuck Berry on steroids! Great vocal, nice mix too. Enjoyed!
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Hungry For You. - 03/06/20 04:10 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Chuck Berry on steroids! Great vocal, nice mix too. Enjoyed!

Hi Dave,

I'll settle for that. Any comparison to Chuck is fine by me.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Martin
© PG Music Forums