PG Music Home
Hi all, as a long time BIAB user with more than a few songs posted on here over the years, I'd like to introduce you to the first recordings of new songs by my daughter, Georgia Jane, and self-penned number "Glycerine"

https://soundcloud.com/russell-moore-485872794/glycerine?in=russell-moore-485872794/sets/georgia-jane

Georgia hails from Ireland, is a media grad student and is hoping to progress her music career wherever it may take her. All recorded using our favourite band generation software, the 3 songs in this first collection of demos are available at:

https://soundcloud.com/russell-moore-485872794/sets/georgia-jane

Thanks for taking the time to listen. We'd love to get your feedback...
Dear Mr. Moore & Ms. Jane...

Glycerine. Now, that's unusual, unexpected title for a song! The title is what motivated me to listen it.

Would you be kind enough to post the lyrics? I'd like to experience the song as a whole, music plus words.

Thank you!

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')
Enjoyable listen from Georgia Jane. Good lyrics and melody. Only nit is her vocals seems to set back a bit too much in the mix.
Hi Russell and Georgia,

Wow, what a song. Lyrically and melodically this is perfection. And the dulcet sweetness of the vocal is pure icing on an already scrumptious cake.

I've listened to the other songs and I have no doubt that this young lady has a wonderful music career ahead of her.

I would strongly suggest a visit to the Fresh On The Net website which will also give you access to the BBC Introducing page. These songs belong on the radio.

And I'm happy because I've just found a new favourite artist.

Please get these songs out there where they, and Georgia, belong.

All the very best.

Martin smile smile smile
Hello Russell,
From my perspective I say;
Pick ONE song
List the style & instruments
Post lyrics
Throw in the signal chain and effects for the voice.
I'm not inclined to listen to multiple tracks by anyone unless/until I know their work/know it's worthwhile.
Thank you Martin for your very kind words and advice - we'll follow that up for sure!

cheers, R & GJ
Really well done! The vocals are fantastic on this, and works perfectly with the instrumentation. Incredible production too.

Thanks for sharing smile
Thanks Deryk - couldn't have done it without Band in a Box!

FYI, the DAW is Magix Samplitude Music Studio. The 2 products work really well together.
Hi Russell...Amazing recording. Georgia has an exquisite voice and can't wait to hear more of her. I would LOVE to hear that lady doing some of the Celtic woman songs, they'd go down a storm on here for sure. As with Martin I've fallen instantly in love with Georgias' voice. Blessings from the highlands of Scotland !
Very pretty music!!! A pretty face, a pretty voice!! Really like this A LOT!! Take care. Greg
I really like modern Irish music, for example The Corrs and this has all those lovely elements, folky mood, nice acoustic arrangement and those strings are nice addition. Your daughter is really an excellent singer and talented songwriter, she reminds me of Eddi Reader, one of my favorite female artists. I enjoyed all those new songs, and I'll be waiting for more smile

Janne
Very beautiful, would've liked a lyrics sheet to know what Glycerine referred to. It reminded me of Ingrid Michaelson.
Hi Russell,

You have a very talented daughter! She has an excellent voice.

I'm sure she is going to go far in the music world.
Sweet, Georgia Jane! Love the vocals with the harmony!!
Georgia has the beauty of an Irish colleen and a voice to match.
Thanks Graham
Hello Russell,

That is a very nice song you made along with your daughter!
I love those doubles in the vocals. Very good. She has a very good voice. Is she's planning to continue in a music career, or is she already doing that?
The mix is done very good! You did a good job on this song.
Will you please post the lyrics? Then I can understand why the song is called Clycerine, highly dangerous stuff!
And what instruments have you used? Are they all from BiaB, or did you play one, some or all by your own?
You see, al lot of compliments and a lot of questions...

Hans
Hey Hans, thanks for the message. These are Georgia's first songs and recordings. She has always sung of course, but never really took it seriously. She's completing her degree at university just now so we thought we'd record these and put them out there and see if there was any interest?

The recordings are all BiaB realtracks-based, with just a hint of played-in strings, and then mixed in Samplitude Music Studio using just the basic pre-settings. I find though that I usually have to cut up the tracks and paste them back to get a song that makes sense, sounds like a real band etc.

Thanks again fro listening... smile
+1 to the vocal delivery and choice of background tracks.

Thanks for sharing.

James
Hi Russell,
Really liking Georgia Jane's songs and sound, so laid back, well done all!
I've only just registered for this forum although I've been using BIAB for a few years now. I'm from Larne but been living in Aberdeen for many years, be nice to hook up with you and discuss BIAB stuff? Tried private messaging you but wouldn't it let me, probably as I've just signed up. My email is raymoorefolk@yahoo.co.uk Don't think we're related!
Well done, Georgia and Russell. Liked "Lullaby" and "Dear Happy" too.
Great future for this young woman, my reaction.
Hi Russell
I listened to all three songs. Georgia Jane has a lovely voice. I found the songs melodic and interesting and the instrumentation spot on. Very much to my taste. I wish your daughter the best of luck in her future music career. Great photo to accompany 'Lullaby' by the way - could easily see that as a cover image.
Regards,
Leon
© PG Music Forums