PG Music Home
Posted By: horsthartung Carry Me Home - 03/07/20 03:46 PM
https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung/carry-me-home

I wrote this song while I was sleeping and when I woke up I had all the words and music still in my head.

Strange....

Still can't figure how to get the info of this song in the comments window....it just doesn't work for me.....
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Carry Me Home - 03/07/20 05:57 PM
Nice harmonies, and I love the guitar. Well written song, and a superb production. Really enjoyed it!
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Carry Me Home - 03/07/20 06:16 PM
Thank you Marty.....

I think it's pretty good for just waking up and finding out I have a new song
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Carry Me Home - 03/07/20 07:06 PM
Enjoyed this one a lot. Nice guitar and harmonies. I had a song one time where I woke up during the night and could remember the melody and lyrics and wrote it down. Only that once did it happen for me.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Carry Me Home - 03/08/20 02:21 PM
Super easy listen on this one. While listening after a while, I got an image of couples slow dancing on a floor in a local bar in Tennessee or Arkansas while a band played and the lights were low. You've really captured a warm, welcoming feel in this song, that anyone can just slide right into.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Carry Me Home - 03/08/20 05:37 PM
Many very good ideas come in dreams, the real problem is to remember them when you wake up. I'm glad you managed to do it. Simple but effective laid-back tune with 60's influences, catchy chorus.

Janne
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Carry Me Home - 03/08/20 05:58 PM
Horst,
That was a nice dream! Excellent vocals and playing (I assume you played guitars?) Enjoyed it!

..."info of this song" If you mean BIAB, -> Edit ->Song Memo. It will open window with all the details.

P.S. I think I need to sleep more smile
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Carry Me Home - 03/08/20 07:55 PM
Cool way to write a tune. Excellent vocal. Guitar was cool as well
Posted By: furry Re: Carry Me Home - 03/08/20 10:47 PM
Brilliant ! it's got a Simon & Garfunkel / Carpenters feel to it, really easy to listen to and enjoy. To add to Mishas' comment, if you're using a pc, it's a simple case of just clicking on song memo, then using copy & paste into the main window on here, dunno how it works for other. Been listening to some of your others songs as well, you've got some sooooper stuff on there
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Carry Me Home - 03/09/20 06:58 PM
Thanks Charlie,

It doesn't happen very often but every now and again it does. This one was very strong in my head so I wrote it down as fast as I could.
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Carry Me Home - 03/09/20 07:02 PM
Wow....Thanks ED Z,

You heard all that huh? I'm glad you enjoyed it. I felt a strong connection with this song too...mostly thinking about a warm fire and my girl cuddled up in my arms.
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Carry Me Home - 03/09/20 07:04 PM
Thanks Janne,

Yea....you have to wake up really fast and find a pencil and paper and write it down as fast as you can before it's gone....

Glad you enjoyed it....
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Carry Me Home - 03/09/20 07:10 PM
Thanks Misha,

Glad you enjoyed it.... I play Acoustic Guitar and Bass mostly but every now and again I'll attempt electric lead guitar. I didn't play lead guitar in this song though. I use Realband 2020 and never use BIAB so I don't know how to get the info of this or other songs to come up in the comments window.
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Carry Me Home - 03/09/20 07:16 PM
Thanks Graham,

Glad you enjoyed it.....you must be talking about BIAB cause there is no song memo in RealBand....and thats all I use. How do I get the info in RealBand ?
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Carry Me Home - 03/10/20 10:21 AM
Really well done - and amazing it came to you in your sleep. Definitely getting some late 60's vibes on this which is always a good thing, and I liked the slow groove and laid back atmosphere here.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: furry Re: Carry Me Home - 03/10/20 10:59 AM
Originally Posted By: horsthartung
Thanks Graham,

Glad you enjoyed it.....you must be talking about BIAB cause there is no song memo in RealBand....and thats all I use. How do I get the info in RealBand ?

Sorry Horst, I don't use real band. If you ask on the online chat they'll tell you instantly
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Carry Me Home - 03/10/20 11:00 PM
Thanks Deryk,

I'm glad you liked it. Although it has a 60's vibe...I wrote it last year....I guess I'm just stuck in a time warp. I just like to sound of the 60's - 70's music much more than I like the music of today.

I'm still trying to figure out that [Untitled] error invalid address pointer problem....

I'm in the process of upgrading my computer...let's see if that makes a difference.....
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Carry Me Home - 03/11/20 12:22 AM
I really enjoyed this one. The guitar was awesome. I agree with Deyrk, the smoothness is nice!!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Carry Me Home - 03/11/20 02:16 AM
Hello Horst ...

I like this one a lot. Gives me a late 60s folk-rock vibe for me. Your harmony is excellent. A real nice listen.

As far as getting the song info in the info block ... simply highlight the description in the memo box on the chord input sheet and copy it. Then paste it in the song info box in your post.

Again, a real nice song with a good listen. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Carry Me Home - 03/17/20 03:15 PM
Thanks Alan,

Glad you enjoyed it....

I use Realband 2020 to record with and it doesn't have a memo box like BIAB. If you know how I can get my song info into the comments window...please let me know....I've tried everything I can think of with no luck....
Posted By: dcuny Re: Carry Me Home - 03/17/20 03:55 PM
Really good - that early '70s vibe seems to be your wheelhouse. The harmonies are especially nice.

But... I think the chorus veers a bit closer to "Turn, Turn, Turn" than you may want. Not a big deal.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Carry Me Home - 03/17/20 08:23 PM
I really like the melody, but have a hard time hearing the words. It would be great if you could post the lyrics. Nice song, enjoyed it.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Carry Me Home - 03/17/20 09:46 PM
<<< "I use RealBand 2020 to record with and it doesn't have a memo box like BIAB. If you know how I can get my song info into the comments window...please let me know....I've tried everything I can think of with no luck...." >>>

Here's how I did it.

Once you've completed your song and saved it as a RealBand SEQ file.....

Save the project as a BIAB song using the Save AS command and in the second box at the bottom of the page, Save as Type: select Band-in-a-Box Songs (.?G?)

Now you have two versions of your project, a RB song and the same project as a BIAB song.

Open the BIAB song in BIAB.

The comments window will contain the Song Summary

Highlight all of the comments and (Ctrl-C) Copy them

Open RealBand, open the RB comments and paste the summary and save the RB SEQ file and the song summary is saved in the RB comments.

Note in BIAB you have to highlight the text with your mouse because the shortcut Ctrl-A is used by BIAB to start Playback.

If you want to use the comments section box beside the Song Summary, Write in your comments and select them and then paste them into the RB comments window.

You can discard the BIAB file after you've retrieved the comments.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Carry Me Home - 03/18/20 08:23 AM
Hi Horst,

I wanted to write "please, sleep more, because that brings you to very nice songs", but then I realise this kind of teasing can work out wrong if people don't know me. So I didn't ;-)
In your case I want to say I have listened with much pleasure to your song. The choruses are sung very well and they get even better towards the end of the song. You have a good voice anyway!
Your cool song also reminded me of songs in the 60's/70's. The sphere feels the same as back then and I like that.

I was amazed reading you don't use BiaB, only Realband. I do the opposite. Not using BiaB? Why? It can help you making songs while you are awake! (see? before I know it I make those silly jokes). But really, it works fine trying some styles with different instruments on the same chords. That's what I do if I want to get inspired for a melody.
I have liked the song on SoundCloud.

Hans
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Carry Me Home - 03/19/20 03:29 PM
Has a classic folky/gospel feel! Immediately catchy and sweet! I've thought of melody fragments or phrases in my sleep, but a whole song? WOW!! Well done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: edshaw Re: Carry Me Home - 03/24/20 03:50 PM
I have to tell you, Horst, I listened to that song a few times and was enchanted by it from bar one. I put it on a playlist. The next thing you know, it kept appearing on my auto play. Fine by me. The next step, it was in my brain. I couldn 't get it out of there. Prior, "I Surrender All" occupied that place in the cerebral rotation. Before that, it was "By the Rivers of Babylon." I don't know how many people get stuck on tunes, but suspect I have plenty of company in that department. Aside from suggesting a religious theme ("home," of course) it has that congregational feel to it. It cries out for a minor rewrite, keeping the title and meter, natch, to be performed in contemporary worship. We have a few here that could handle that chore.
© PG Music Forums