PG Music Home
Posted By: molsenhouse Share My Soup With You - 03/18/20 06:07 PM
A song about longing – boosted by the strange days after the arrival of the Corona virus.

Share My Soup With You

BiaB tracks used in this production:

Style is _SLIDING.STY

RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 2541:Pedal Steel, Background ModernPopCountry Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2024:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryJohn Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~~522:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 3152:Fiddle, 5-string, Background AmericanaFolkCoolAndy Sw16 075

RealDrums in Style: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Thanks again to PG Music for making this worldclass software.

Peace and love in this troubled times – keep on making music!

The song is in Norwegian – made a quick translation, so you'll know what it's about:

Share my soup with you

Chorus:
If I could, I’d share my soup with you
If I could, I’d share my soup with you
But this life is hard
I simply can’t change it right now
But, If I could, I’d like to share my soup with you

You live in another town
Have your own house and a soft bed
But I am struggling here
I simply can’t be there
Because you live in another town

The kids are living in a third place
It's not easy to find peace
When they sholuld be here
But, their mother and the school are over there
It’s not easy with the kids living in a third place

Chorus:

Folding hands and pray to the Lord
Ask for love and peace in this world
But, it's not easy to see
How far this road will be
Folding hands and pray to the Lord

Chorus x2
Posted By: rayc Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/18/20 06:17 PM
Gentle backing and melody that disguises the sad narrative.
Nice vocal recording.
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/20/20 08:47 AM
Thanks rayc!
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/20/20 09:42 AM
What a beautiful song. Love the sharing, honesty and compassion it shows. We certainly need more of this in the world today. I get it about the kids as one of mine now lives in Sweden and I'm in the USA. Nice vocals. Yeah, the backing sometimes has an ominous feeling which I like in that it shows like can have some unexpected balls from left field.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/20/20 11:12 AM
Thanks for sharing. Delicious! Great taste. Like rayc said, the wonderful music obscures the sadness, or maybe emphasizes the positive possibilities. Love the lyrics, and the Norwegian words are captivating.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/20/20 09:12 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Thanks for sharing. Delicious! Great taste. Like rayc said, the wonderful music obscures the sadness, or maybe emphasizes the positive possibilities. Love the lyrics, and the Norwegian words are captivating.

I agree. This is fantastic and is a perfect example of the fact that you don't need to understand the lyrics to enjoy a song. Music is the universal language.

Your vocal is just perfect. A very interesting chord progression in spots. I also liked your harmonies. Good job on that.

I thoroughly enjoyed this!
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/22/20 05:18 PM
Thanks for your nice words, Belladonna. And yes – kids far away really can hurt. Especially under this circumstances of today. We need to share, take care of each other and stretch out a hand to those who are far away from their families and home.
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/22/20 05:20 PM
Thanks marty! Glad you enjoy the Norwegian words.
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/22/20 05:27 PM
Mario,

Thanks for listening and commenting. Language is music!
Though, Norwegian is a "small" language – I'll might try to work on the English translation and see what happens…
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/24/20 10:53 AM
Einar,

A little bit of Country from you this time. Nice! smile

A beautiful song. A little sadness... Your vocal is warm and smooth - perfect.
The backing tracks are nicely done and support the story nicely.
Excellent mix.
Enjoyed the listen.

fj
Posted By: bluage Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/24/20 03:38 PM
Hello, 'molsenhouse'...

I think Share My Soup With You is an exceedingly well-constructed song, musically speaking, which made it a very immersive listening experience.

The way you brought instruments into the foreground, and then pulled them into the background to highlight the warm, memorable melody, the well-placed and pleasantly surprising 'shots' that occured after the intro and at about 3:34, the driving tremolo of the electric guitar solo that appeared at 3:00, and more, reminded me strongly of the way the conductor of an orchestra guides his/her instrumentalists over the landscape of a composition. Personally, it was the musical equivalent of 'sight-seeing', with new things to hear at each 'bend' in the musical road.

Was that you singing? If so, your voice was as clear as it could be, and was quietly expressive of the sentiments in your lyrics. Also, your harmonizing vocal tracks were quite soothing to listen to.

I feel as though I should have purchased a ticket to listen this song, 'molsonhouse' laugh !!!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a.'bluage')
Posted By: dcuny Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/24/20 05:07 PM
Catchy melody, nicely sung, good arrangement, excellent mix.

The shift to the minor at 2:37 is especially sweet. The guitar solo was unexpected, but fit nicely. Love how the harmonies, and the build at the end. Whoever played the lead guitar at the end did a great job.

Excellent. smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Share My Soup With You - 03/24/20 07:31 PM
Nicely done!! Has a great vibe, and very well mixed and sung! Take care. Greg
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/02/20 09:38 AM
Floyd,

Inspired by the documentary: The history of Country Music! ;-)

Take care!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/02/20 07:27 PM
I enjoyed the melody ( familiar and catchy enough to have me humming along) and your clear warm vocals.
The song has an interesting build to that el. guitar break and the final rousing spirit of the chorus.
Well done!

Robert
Posted By: Al-David Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/02/20 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic

I agree. This is fantastic and is a perfect example of the fact that you don't need to understand the lyrics to enjoy a song. Music is the universal language.

Your vocal is just perfect. A very interesting chord progression in spots. I also liked your harmonies. Good job on that.

I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Mario said what I was thinking, but said much better I probably could have. I very much enjkyed my listen ... really nice song and recording! Take care and be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/03/20 10:43 AM
Hi Molsenhouse,

Living with that virus has some challenges and one is you have to eat your soup alone when your friend lives somewhere else.
But it certainly made you very creative with this song! Very well done! It makes living with that virus not so bad after all.
The chorus is very lovely done. I only have one question about it: how did your friend did the singing while you couldn't share food (a silly joke). And your choice of instruments is very nice!

Expect to hear more from you here,
Hans
Posted By: jannesan Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/03/20 10:52 AM
Very nice Scandinavian schlager with a modern arrangement. Very good singing. I like the development starting gently and progressing to that great sounding guitar solo. Catchy chorus, still longing is strongly present all time.

Janne
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/03/20 08:46 PM
Very effective vocal delivery that sets the mood of the song without needing the English translation.

Your lyrics touch the heart.
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/04/20 06:49 AM
Thanks for listening and your kind words, LOREN!

The RealTracks in Biab are filled with details – try to work (render) them out to fit the song. Kind of having a silent dialogue with very skilled musicians ;-)

And YES, I had to do all the vocals myself this time.

Take care!

Originally Posted By: bluage
Hello, 'molsenhouse'...

I think Share My Soup With You is an exceedingly well-constructed song, musically speaking, which made it a very immersive listening experience.

The way you brought instruments into the foreground, and then pulled them into the background to highlight the warm, memorable melody, the well-placed and pleasantly surprising 'shots' that occured after the intro and at about 3:34, the driving tremolo of the electric guitar solo that appeared at 3:00, and more, reminded me strongly of the way the conductor of an orchestra guides his/her instrumentalists over the landscape of a composition. Personally, it was the musical equivalent of 'sight-seeing', with new things to hear at each 'bend' in the musical road.

Was that you singing? If so, your voice was as clear as it could be, and was quietly expressive of the sentiments in your lyrics. Also, your harmonizing vocal tracks were quite soothing to listen to.

I feel as though I should have purchased a ticket to listen this song, 'molsonhouse' laugh !!!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a.'bluage')

Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/04/20 06:58 AM
Thanks a lot, David!

"A minor chord at the right place makes all the major chords sound even better!"
Don't know who said that…

The lead guitar player says: THANKS! ;-)

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Catchy melody, nicely sung, good arrangement, excellent mix.

The shift to the minor at 2:37 is especially sweet. The guitar solo was unexpected, but fit nicely. Love how the harmonies, and the build at the end. Whoever played the lead guitar at the end did a great job.

Excellent. smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/04/20 08:22 PM
Extremely pleasant track!! Great use of the band! Vocals are really well done, and harmonies in particular are wonderful! Feel better already!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/05/20 11:51 AM
We love it when everything is hittin' the note!

And this is one. The write, the vocal, the arrangement
and the mix are all in step and really deliver the
melancholy message.

Well done!

J&B
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/05/20 04:14 PM
Moisenhouse,

First off, a really great write, then, second, put together with a lovely melody. And lastly, really, really good mix. Everything works for me on this one. Good stuff!

Oh, and those harmonies in the last part of the song—killer!

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Share My Soup With You - 04/05/20 09:30 PM
Not much I can add to the comments already made (other than to agree), but just want say I really enjoyed my listen.
Regards,
Leon
© PG Music Forums