PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Yellow Hayz - 03/19/20 08:44 PM
It's pollen season in NC.....

This is my musical comedic look at the pollen season through itchy, swollen, eyes. The melody will likely be vaguely familiar.... it is however, a PARODY song.

YELLOW HAYZ

This is 4 tracks. Bass and drums are BB/RB and I'm playing the guitar and singing and coughing my way through the rest.

Not a lot of cleanup on this.... it's rough but so is the pollen.

Here's the words so you can sing along.

yellow hayz we need some rain
all this pollen driving me insane
yellow dust is everywhere
from my car windshield to my lazy chair

yellow hayz are all around
out in the country and way down town
my nose is running and I know why
scuse me while I wipe it dry

Help me..... help me, I need some allergy relief

Yellow hayz are in my eyes
Got them swolled up to twice their size
It's so bad looks like yellow smoke
Buying claritin gonna keep me broke

Help me, Help me..... I need some relief

yellow hayz

Hope you enjoy this.

NOTE: This is a PARODY song. Copyright laws are different for parody songs. This, I believe, meets the legal requirements.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/19/20 08:59 PM
This is absolutely fantastic. As one with allergies I can relate.

This line made me LOL "scuse me while I wipe it dry".

Everything about this is spot on.

Excellent work!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/19/20 09:08 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is absolutely fantastic. As one with allergies I can relate.

This line made me LOL "scuse me while I wipe it dry".

Everything about this is spot on.

Excellent work!

Thanks.... yeah, pollen is everywhere... not just here in NC. I'll never forget the first time I was in Jacksonville NC and driving north on Hwy 24 along side the Marine corp base. It looked like yellow smoke coming out of the trees until I realized what it really was. It gets horrible for a few weeks every spring. I'm really not having a problem with it so far this year. (knock on wood)
Posted By: rayc Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/20/20 05:03 AM
That's was a fun parody take on a stone cold classic - I'm certain James might have enjoyed it too.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/20/20 06:12 AM
Jimi!

Great job on this, Herb, love the lyrics! Guitar not too shabby either.

Lots of fun, enjoyed very much.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/20/20 08:35 AM
Guitarhacker,

well, of course: very funny.

As an old an eternal Jimi worshipper , I bow my head ion great respect: Also greatly played and sung .

All the best,

Stefan-
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/20/20 09:44 AM
Funny!! Very clever with the Purple Haze melody. You did it well. Good job!! Love the Jimi.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/20/20 10:40 AM
This is great, Herb!! Love those lyrics!! Outstanding in so many ways.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/20/20 11:01 AM
So... talk about a delayed reaction..... I have had this song floating around in my head for several years.... bits and pieces of the parody lines, is what I mean. Every spring when the yellow pollen coats NC. Mostly the pollen season doesn't affect me much. I do, however, know some folks who are knocked down badly yearly. So I feel their pain. So far so good for me this year.

With the shutdown of businesses and people being out of work and low on money, my business is also running slow. My wife is a teacher and the schools are shut for at least 2 weeks. So I figured, this is a good time to get caught up on the list of things to do around here and get into the studio. As such, I thought, I've been kicking this idea of doing a parody for several years..... why not now? So, I done gone and done it.

Rayc: Jimi was an early guitar influence. I've covered a few of his songs here and there but nothing like this parody.

Dave: I wanted the guitar to be close but it's certainly not an exact duplicate. Thanks for the compliment. Maybe I should do more parodies as they are fun to write and easy to come up with lyrics to fit.

Stefan: Thanks. You gotta show a bit of respect when you try to imitate one of the most famous guitar players ever.

Belladonna: Thanks.... Glad you like this.

Babumusic: Thank you.... very much. Glad you enjoyed it
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/20/20 11:49 AM
A very clever parody, Herb.

Good guitar work. You got that one good and loud.

(the cymbals are pretty overbearing listening on monitors. Would be nice if you could tuck those down in the mix a bit).

A good recreation of the sound.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/21/20 11:33 AM
Sorry I missed this.

Fantastic playing. That guitar is outstanding.

Funny parody.

Good work.

(Thanks for comments on my collaboration song.)
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/21/20 03:38 PM
“ scuse me while I wipe it dry” smile smile smile smile

Now that was seriously funny. We just got in from a mountain bike
ride through that haze!

Cool guitar, lyric and vocals leave no doubt who’s being parodied.

Fun in a time when fun is needed!

A good one to share with friends.

J&B
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/21/20 06:24 PM
Got me laughing pretty good. "Scuse me while I wipe this dry." Reminded me of how this is one of the most misquoted lines in rock history with so many people thinking it's "Scuse me while I kiss this guy."

Very funny stuff! More!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/23/20 10:50 AM
Floyd.... thanks.... yeah... those dang cymbals again.....

JPTx3.... thanks for the listen. Glad you like the guitar.... me too. I don't often get to play such things these days.

Janice and Bud: Yep.... there was a few lines going there for consideration.... itchy eyes or runny nose. The nose was running hard so the nose won it.... by a nose.

TuneMonger.... yep, and I have a lot of my own made up lines that are stuck in my head.... and when I see the real lyrics printed out I think to myself...wow, I seriously got THAT wrong. Thanks.... glad to put a smile on your face.....

And BTW.... today is a rainy day here in NC so we got a respite from the pollen until tomorrow.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Yellow Hayz - 03/23/20 04:18 PM
Cool tune Got a chuckle out of your lyrics. Loved the guitar. Was a staple when I was a kid. Well done
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Yellow Hayz - 04/05/20 02:12 PM
This is a total blast - just what I needed today. Just great through and through. Excellent guitar work too. You can't beat the combination of Jimi and a good laugh. Thanks for the great track!
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Yellow Hayz - 04/05/20 06:23 PM
This is great fun. Love the band and the vocals. Well done.
Stay well,
Mike
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Yellow Hayz - 04/06/20 10:17 AM
hi herb just went through that here in fl we got some rain finally good job love the lyrics this really brings back memorys for me fun listen thanks eric
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Yellow Hayz - 04/06/20 09:50 PM
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Great humor, and you really captured the energy and vibe of The Experience!! Drums/guitar both sounded great! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Yellow Hayz - 04/06/20 11:30 PM
Herbster that was priceless. I was smiling all the way through. Kinda blew my mind (and nose) I did some singing tonight and I must admit the yellah haze got to me a bit. I had to “wipe it dry” it tough being locked up these days I hope to get some track laid down this week. On a couple projects. I just got inspired.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Yellow Hayz - 04/07/20 12:15 AM
Herb ...

Talk about a really cool listen! I smiled all the way through. You're a talented man!!!!

I can't really empathize as I have no allergies at all ... well, maybe really stupid people. They tested me for 154 different things ... all came back negative. But I feel for those of you who do have allergies ... my wife being one.

Loved my listen! Best to you. And be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Yellow Hayz - 04/09/20 12:21 PM
laugh laugh laugh Outrageously funny!

I know exactly how you feel. Your song touched my sinuses.

Your guitar playing is beyond awesome.

Thanks for sharing your talent and humor.
Posted By: trapper456 Re: Yellow Hayz - 04/09/20 06:20 PM
I listened, Sounds like a cover to me. A tune and the lyrics are copyrightable. Although you are not doing the lyrics you are using the tune. Just thought I would point that out. But you did a good job.. Thumbs up!!!
© PG Music Forums