PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Jam #2 - 03/19/20 09:24 PM
[Link no longer valid]

This is the second and last jam that I recorded with BobH. He is on the 12 string and I am on the 6 string. Note that this is a live jam so here it is warts and all.

Extracting the tempo was hard as the rhythm guitar's strumming messed it up. I did the best I could with the drum track. I also played the fretless base.

The drums are the heavily modified BiaB style Tekrad + - Radio Ply - Techno

Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Jam #2 - 03/19/20 11:02 PM
Sounding good, Mario! You guys were obviously having a blast.

Man, I couldn’t tell you the last time I actually jammed face to face with another player, probably at least 10 years. And there is nothing like it really, because as you know you feed off each other and the music becomes more dynamic.

I enjoyed this, I like your style and choice of notes. Nice job on the bass and getting that drum track in there also.

It would be a blast to get together with some of the musicians on this forum once the world becomes sane again and get together and have some fun, I would be up for doing a road trip at some point.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Jam #2 - 03/20/20 11:36 AM
Mario,

You did a fine job with that. You both did. Fun.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Jam #2 - 03/20/20 02:28 PM
A fun jam. You guys sound great. Love the fretless, and you are right on with the notes, Mario.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Jam #2 - 03/20/20 03:48 PM
I like jams. It sounds like music at play. As others have mentioned, this just sounded fun. I'm reminded of the days when you are just starting out and eager just to play. Thanks for the share!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 03/20/20 08:50 PM
Thanx to all who listened and commented. Yes it was fun. BobH and I jam a lot but mostly the tunes are covers, thus not up loadable.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Jam #2 - 03/22/20 06:45 PM
Super cool...love it.

We both miss the jams too. Our last was likely a
decade ago. Ya just never know what's gonna happen.

This is what Janice would call a "happy" jam as
you can sense the fun.

Nice!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Jam #2 - 03/22/20 08:59 PM
Mario & BobH,
Nice, raw piece of music steak (sorry vegetarians). Always liked jams, that is how cool ideas are born. This could easily be dissected and baked into two-three tunes. Fun stuff! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 03/22/20 09:02 PM
Thanx all. Yes it was a fun jam.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Jam #2 - 03/23/20 12:02 AM
Mario

Sounds like you had a good time. Well done getting the drum track working.

Peter
Posted By: Al-David Re: Jam #2 - 03/23/20 12:31 AM
Hi Mario ...

Yes, miss those jams so much. Both of you sounding terrific on this! Nicely done, gentlemen. Thanks for letting us hear this! Best to both of you ...

Alan
Posted By: rayc Re: Jam #2 - 03/23/20 07:45 AM
Chili jammin' nice balance between the guitars though I reckon the 6string could use a little more meat.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Jam #2 - 03/23/20 10:25 AM
Nicely done - fantastic considering it's alive jam. Love the groove on it, and the energy makes it easy to follow.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 03/23/20 12:40 PM
Thanx all for listening and those wonderful comments about this little jam.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Jam #2 - 04/06/20 12:44 AM
Cool jam Mario and BobH. It just sounds like fun. Great listening!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Jam #2 - 04/06/20 09:44 PM
Cool jam Mario!! When it started, I thought of the Who "Eyesight to the Blind" from Tommy. Stay safe and take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 04/07/20 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: EdZ314
Cool jam Mario and BobH. It just sounds like fun. Great listening!

Thanx Ed, it was fun.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 04/07/20 08:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool jam Mario!! When it started, I thought of the Who "Eyesight to the Blind" from Tommy. Stay safe and take care. Greg

Thanx so much Greg.

You stay safe also.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Jam #2 - 04/07/20 09:09 PM
Yep, that's exactly what 'jammin' is all about

Have a blast.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Jam #2 - 04/08/20 03:22 PM
Cool jam Mario. Loved the backtrack. You could have fun with that for hours. Well done
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Jam #2 - 04/08/20 06:02 PM
Hi Mario,

It was easy to picturize you and your friend Bob in front of each other jamming with the 6 and 12 string guitars. According to the result, your song, it must have been a lot of fun! I think half way your song the strumming was getting more in line. There you were working more together. Before it was more like a battle of the guitars. Both aspects are very nice to see/hear in this jamsession. Nice job, Mario!

Be safe,
Hans
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Jam #2 - 04/09/20 12:04 AM
Sounds like a good time was had by all. Nice guitar work.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Sundance Re: Jam #2 - 04/09/20 03:52 AM
That's a cool jam with really tasty sounds. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 04/09/20 03:07 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Yep, that's exactly what 'jammin' is all about

Have a blast.

Yes it is a blast. We got together every Sunday until the virus hit. We will start again as soon as we can.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 04/09/20 03:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool jam Mario. Loved the backtrack. You could have fun with that for hours. Well done

Thanx Scott. Yes we do jam for hours sometimes. I should record more of our jams.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 04/09/20 03:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Mario,

It was easy to picturize you and your friend Bob in front of each other jamming with the 6 and 12 string guitars. According to the result, your song, it must have been a lot of fun! I think half way your song the strumming was getting more in line. There you were working more together. Before it was more like a battle of the guitars. Both aspects are very nice to see/hear in this jamsession. Nice job, Mario!

Be safe,
Hans
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 04/09/20 03:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Mario,

Be safe,
Hans

Sometimes we click right from the git go and sometimes we don't. We do have fun but I can't post most of our jams as they start with cover songs.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 04/09/20 03:12 PM
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Sounds like a good time was had by all. Nice guitar work.
Cheers,
Mike

Thanx so much for listening and commenting.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam #2 - 04/09/20 03:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
That's a cool jam with really tasty sounds. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanx. I can't post the majority of our jams as they are cover songs but this one is an exception as it is just a jam.
© PG Music Forums