PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 12:23 AM
Secret Obsession

Another one I wrote when Di was in the hospital last year. After spending the entire day with her in her room (9:00am - 11:30pm) I went home and put this together. Had it ready by 3:00am the following day back in November last year, but never got around to posting it until now. It has a pretty simple arrangement ... nothing complicated going on here. Hope you enjoy it.

When SoundCloud converted it, it lost some of the low-end bass. Oh well! But, did I get the drums track a little to loud on the verses. I'm okay with the drums significantly forward in the chorus. Should I back off the drums in the verses?

BTW ... Di said to tell everyone "Hello". Although far from well, she is doing somewhat better.

File:Secret Obsession.SGU

Key=F , Tempo 80, Length (m:s)=3:18

Style is _SMOOTHY.STY (Smoothie Soul and Smooth Ballad)

PianoCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
GuitarCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
StringsCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded

RealTracks in style: 908:Bass, Electric, SmoothBallad Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: ~1639:Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkBreezy Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1403:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soul70sWarmHeld Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 3438:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BritPsycPopBallad Ev 065
Loop in Song: Drums\ModernPopBallad16ths^05-SSy,OSy
RealDrums [in Song:MarkTreeFills[single]: a: MarkTreeFills[single]b: MarkTreeFills[single]
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 03:45 AM
Al, two things

1: The song is sensational. Smooth, sleek, comforting, all blended into a perfect mix.

2: Great news that Di is improving. Keep moving in that same direction.
Posted By: rayc Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 07:43 AM
Back off in the verses - yes, just a little so the kick click isn't so obvious.
Smooth as olive oil and just as nourishing.
All the best to Di.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 08:42 AM
Hi Alan,

Man, you are just so good at these type of tracks! Sounds great.

And great to hear that Di is doing a little better.

Best to the both of you.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 11:08 AM
Hello. Alan. Happy day-after birthday. Glad to hear about Di. Love this tune. There is a lot of emotions in this, and your backstory tells us why. I hear sadness, happiness, reverie and hope. You guys sound like a great combination.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 12:00 PM
Hello Alan,

so good to hear another great tune coming out of Alan's Magical Juke Box.

Once again so very nicely written and produced - some folks used the word 'smooth' - and, yes, that's what it is: smooth and warm.

You really seem to know every secret of BIAB, and the speed you put your great songs together is simply amazing.

Maha and I really hope so much that there will be no need for Di to spend time in the hospital in the future !

Alan, I love your songs.

All the best to Di and you, and, as Floyd wrote: Stay in.

Stay healthy,

Stefan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 12:30 PM
Smooth jazz at its best. Well done.

I wouldn't change a thing.

The best to you and Di.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 10:49 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Al, two things

1: The song is sensational. Smooth, sleek, comforting, all blended into a perfect mix.

2: Great news that Di is improving. Keep moving in that same direction.

Hey VT ... So good to see ya back commenting. We miss you when you're not here.

And many thanks for the very nice comments. And I'll pass on your greetings to Di. We both appreciate your kind thoughts for her! Wishing you the best.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 10:50 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
All the best to Di.

Hi Ray ...

I appreciate the feedback. I agree with you about he drums in the verses. As soon as I get a chance, I'll go back and redo the drum track. Delighted you enjoyed it otherwise ... thanks for letting me know. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 10:51 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Alan,

Best to the both of you.

Hi Dave ...

You are much too kind! But you sure put as smile on my face! Many thanks. I'll pass on your greeting to Di. She's feeling a bit better today. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 10:53 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Hello. Alan. Happy day-after birthday. Glad to hear about Di. Love this tune. There is a lot of emotions in this, and your backstory tells us why. I hear sadness, happiness, reverie and hope. You guys sound like a great combination.

Hello my friend ...

Always a pleasure to hear from you! And thank you for your extremely nice comments. I sure do appreciate them. I'll pass on your well-wishes for Di. We both appreciate that! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 11:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hello Alan,

so good to hear another great tune coming out of Alan's Magical Juke Box.

Once again so very nicely written and produced - some folks used the word 'smooth' - and, yes, that's what it is: smooth and warm.

You really seem to know every secret of BIAB, and the speed you put your great songs together is simply amazing.

Maha and I really hope so much that there will be no need for Di to spend time in the hospital in the future !

Alan, I love your songs.

All the best to Di and you, and, as Floyd wrote: Stay in.

Stay healthy,

Stefan

Hello Stefan ..

I always smile when I see a comment or song from you ... makes my day! First, Di and I hope Maha is getting better as the days pass. We think of you and her quite often. And thanks for you well wishes for Di. She's doing a little better today.

"Magical Juke Box"? I like that! I'm delighted you en joyed this song. BIAB deserves most of the credit ... I just fill in some chords, find a few tracks and a basic style ... then BIAB does the rest. But thank you for those kind words.

I know so little about the technical elements of BIAB it's almost exciting. I know enough to put together a half-way decent song. I need to study many of its secrets still unknown to me.

Wishing you and your beautiful wife the very best. As i said, we think of you two often ... almost daily

Alan & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/23/20 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Smooth jazz at its best. Well done.

I wouldn't change a thing.

The best to you and Di.

Mario ...

You are always so kind to my music. I appreciate that so very much. Thank you for the encouragement and kindness. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 03:46 AM
Alan,

Very nice smooth jazz ballad.
The guitar solo is very comforting.
It's just like it was played by you yourself.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.
And it's a great news that Di is improving.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: musician17 Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 04:02 AM
This is really, really beautiful. As you say on SoundCloud, you can feel the guitar crying. All my genuine best wishes for Di's continued improvement.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 06:18 AM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Alan,

Very nice smooth jazz ballad.
The guitar solo is very comforting.
It's just like it was played by you yourself.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.
And it's a great news that Di is improving.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki ...

Thank you very much for those comments! I always look forward to your comments! Wishing you the best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 06:20 AM
Originally Posted By: musician17
This is really, really beautiful. As you say on SoundCloud, you can feel the guitar crying. All my genuine best wishes for Di's continued improvement.

Hi James ...

Many heartfelt thanks for your very nice comments. Sure do appreciate them. And I'll pass on your well wishes for Di. She's feeling slightly better. We appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Wishing you the best ...

PS: Will be over to listen to your recent uploads in the nest day or two. Looking forward to it.

Alan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 11:49 AM
Hi Alan,

Best to the both of you.

Alan - Dave said EXACTLY what I was going to say. Man! this sounds good. I'm listening on monitors and not a single thing is out of place - a Gorgeous mix! And a beautiful instrumental.

fj
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 12:05 PM
Very cool smooth jazz guitar work. Easy listening, great production, nice tone. Good job
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hi Alan,

Best to the both of you.

Alan - Dave said EXACTLY what I was going to say. Man! this sounds good. I'm listening on monitors and not a single thing is out of place - a Gorgeous mix! And a beautiful instrumental.

fj

Floyd ... Thank you so much. It's nice to know ... and reassuring ... when a fellow musician has such nice things to say. I appreciate that very much! Wishing you and yours the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 12:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Elliott Kayne
Very cool smooth jazz guitar work. Easy listening, great production, nice tone. Good job

Hello Elliot ...

Thank you for the listen and those really nice comments. I'm delighted you enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me know. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: jannesan Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 12:45 PM
I enjoy listening this kind of music, especially on a warm summer evening with some cool drink. Smooth and relaxing. Chord progression has nice 70's vibes, a bit of fusion jazz and a bit of soul. The solo guitarist fits the mood very well.

Janne
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
I enjoy listening this kind of music, especially on a warm summer evening with some cool drink. Smooth and relaxing. Chord progression has nice 70's vibes, a bit of fusion jazz and a bit of soul. The solo guitarist fits the mood very well.

Janne

Thank you very much, Janne. Yes .. relaxing with a cool drink on a warm evening. Sounds good to me!

Wishing you the best ...

Alan
Posted By: dcuny Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 01:50 PM
Smooth playing by the band! laugh
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 03:23 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Smooth playing by the band! laugh

Thanks, David. And yeah ... they're pretty good. I might have to up their salary! best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 07:15 PM
All the best to Di.

I agree!! The click is a bit strong. But, what a cool song.....totally got lost in it!! Glad Di is having a bit better of a time! Take care. Greg
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Secret Obsession - 03/24/20 09:03 PM
Great job, enjoyed listening to your tasty guitar work here in Quarentown. Hope Di continues to improve. Baby steps can get you there.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Secret Obsession - 03/25/20 06:41 PM
That is a very sophisticated sound Al. Anybody who has doubts regarding the power of BiaB (in talented hands) needs to listen to this.

It sounds fine on our KRK's. I'd stick a fork in it.

Very enjoyable and GREAT news about Di!!

Y'all take care of one another,

J&B
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Secret Obsession - 03/25/20 07:08 PM
Hi Alan,

At SoundCloud I wrote your guitar was gently weeping! Sad events can often get the best out of you (everyone) and how you came to this beautiful song is no exception on that!
Also the mix is very good to my ears. Everything sounds well in this song. not too loud or too thin.
I think I said before on a song of you, normally I'm not fond of instrumentals, but yours is the exception. Well, if I did, this one is also an exception to that feeling of mine. I do like what I heard and felt in your melody. Very well done, mr. Alan!

Take good care both of you,
Hans
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/25/20 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
All the best to Di.

I agree!! The click is a bit strong. But, what a cool song.....totally got lost in it!! Glad Di is having a bit better of a time! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg ...

Hope all is well with you out in California. We're doing okay back here. I sure do appreciate the very nice comments. Thank you so much. To say you "got lost" in the song is a very nice compliment ... means a lot.

Wishing you and yours the very best. Stay safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/25/20 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great job, enjoyed listening to your tasty guitar work here in Quarentown. Hope Di continues to improve. Baby steps can get you there.

Good Evening, TM ...

Thanks for the listen and the really great comments. I appreciate them very much. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/25/20 11:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
That is a very sophisticated sound Al. Anybody who has doubts regarding the power of BiaB (in talented hands) needs to listen to this.

It sounds fine on our KRK's. I'd stick a fork in it.

Very enjoyable and GREAT news about Di!!

Y'all take care of one another,

J&B

J&B ...

Tis always a treat to hear from you two. You humble me with your kindness ... seriously. Even if I do have a bit of "BIAB Talent" ... the software has to have been offered/available with the tools by which to utilize those skills. It's a fabulous product that has brought much satisfaction to my life.

The fork just did it's job! Now, to run it through the dishwasher ... oh, that's me!

I'll pass on your thoughts to Di. Be both appreciate them! You guys take care and be safe.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Secret Obsession - 03/25/20 11:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Alan,

At SoundCloud I wrote your guitar was gently weeping! Sad events can often get the best out of you (everyone) and how you came to this beautiful song is no exception on that!
Also the mix is very good to my ears. Everything sounds well in this song. not too loud or too thin.
I think I said before on a song of you, normally I'm not fond of instrumentals, but yours is the exception. Well, if I did, this one is also an exception to that feeling of mine. I do like what I heard and felt in your melody. Very well done, mr. Alan!

Take good care both of you,
Hans

Hello Hans ..

Well, I'mm not sure what to say in reply to your kind and supportive comments. Your words mean a lot. Thank you so much for making my instrumentals an exception ... that is a very wonderful compliment.

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Secret Obsession - 03/29/20 07:03 PM
Al,
Your instrumentals take the BiaB biscuit-this sounds so darn good!
Wishing you and Di well.

Robert
© PG Music Forums