PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. Little Secrets - 03/27/20 12:14 PM
Hi started this in biab and arranged everything then brought it over to bandlab to finish me on solo realtracks and style Style is _PARANA.STY (Parana Lazy Bossa)

RealTracks in style: ~712:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 085 (A:simple)
RealTracks in song: ~2189:Piano, Electric, Rhythm Bossa Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~922:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BossaFreeComp Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2419:Sax, Soprano, Soloist SmoothJazzCoolJack Sw16 075
RealDrums [in style:BossaTerryClarke^1-a,b:Brushes https://www.reverbnation.com/fmmandfriends/song/31668312-little-secrets-1 thanks for listening Eric
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Little Secrets - 03/27/20 12:57 PM
Hi F.F.M.,

This is a very nice song you made. The melody gave a feeling it was somewhere in the '50s? Don't shoot me if I'm wrong! But it has a cheerful infuence. couldn't find the little secrets though...
It's not easy to do that arrangements in a way they fit nicely. But you did it. I heard the acoustic bass did something special (towards the end of the song). To get it like that is a very good job.

I thought the soloist was another instrument and not a sax. I even thought it to be a clarinet. Then I read what instruments you used, so it was a sax after all.

Hans
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Little Secrets - 03/27/20 01:18 PM
Very nice tune FMM, relaxing and evocative. Well done.

Mike B.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Little Secrets - 03/27/20 02:52 PM
thanks Hans for listening and comments yeah it did sound like a clarinet at times but mainly a sax its a instrument that has a high register or the way I eq it Eric
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Little Secrets - 03/27/20 05:21 PM
The soprano sax sounds sweet. Very interesting changes, F.M.M.. The guitar rides the changes in a very melodic way, Well done.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Little Secrets - 03/28/20 10:45 AM
eric,

Your guitar is my favorite part of this... nice.

fj
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Little Secrets - 03/29/20 07:07 AM
Hi Eric,

again very well-done. Cool and smooth tune. And of course masterfully played. Enjoyed the listen.

Stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: bluage Re: Little Secrets - 03/29/20 03:01 PM
'F.M.M'...

Your songs ALWAYS take me to the most gorgeous and serene places in my mind, a combination of places I've actually been to, and other places that exist only in my imagination.

The Real Style and it's accompanying Real Tracks are simply stunning -- I need to get busy checking out more of BIAB's styles! The soprano sax solo made me think I was watching the musician actually playing his/her instrument.

What can I say about your electric guitar performance? So much soul, so much melodic and rhythmic invention. I love how much space you leave between your musical statements. It makes me want to compare you with other, more well-known artists, but, you know what? I ain't gonna do it, because you hold your own among them, 'F.M.M.'. They should be singing your praises, sir smile. Don't respond bashfully, now, 'cause you gotta know how good you are as an instrumentalist.

Just keep this up, is all I can say smile.

Truly,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Little Secrets - 03/29/20 04:19 PM
That's very nice Eric.

The melodic guitar and the backing tracks make it sound like a 60's or 70's
movie theme.

Nice!

J&B
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Little Secrets - 03/29/20 05:20 PM
Thanks Mike B for the kind words Eric
Posted By: dani48 Re: Little Secrets - 03/29/20 05:31 PM
Hi, Eric !

Wonderful tune as is expected from you !
I dig all your pieces and this is no
exception !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: dcuny Re: Little Secrets - 03/29/20 06:09 PM
Ah, the oft-neglected soprano sax. It's cool to hear it in an even more mellow context than usual.

And then the guitar came it, and like floyd jane, it became my favorite part of the song.

smile
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Little Secrets - 03/30/20 11:56 AM
thanks Marty for taking time to listen and kind words Eric
Posted By: Scott C Re: Little Secrets - 03/30/20 02:04 PM
Cool listen Eric. Guitar as always is excellent as well.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Little Secrets - 03/31/20 02:11 PM
Thanks for the kind words floyd
Posted By: Sundance Re: Little Secrets - 03/31/20 02:20 PM
Cool and snazzy. I wanted your guitar to start a little earlier. Sounds so good.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Little Secrets - 04/10/20 06:34 PM
Hi eric,

You are the forum king of this style. Smooth jazz sits so well under mastery. I enjoyed the journey.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Little Secrets - 04/21/20 11:14 AM
thanks for the kind words Stefan
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Little Secrets - 04/23/20 03:34 PM
thanks for the kind words LOREN
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Little Secrets - 04/29/20 11:53 AM
thanks for the kind words j&b
© PG Music Forums