PG Music Home
Posted By: Sundance Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/30/20 01:09 AM
Hello Old Friends,

I'm so glad to be back on here posting with you! It's been too long. This is a song I wrote back in 2008 to help make myself feel better when I was going through lots of heavy stress. It's called MERCY (God Is Good).

I shortened it from it's original epic length, grin added a few tweaks to the original tracks, of course added some new tracks plus added a special guest - my husband. I Hope it lifts your spirit during this stressful time.

As always thank you for your time listening and any constructive thoughts.

The lead Vox track is the original one from 2008 recorded in RB. Instruments are all Realtracks/RDs and a BIAB midi track. I don't remember and cannot find the original style. Mixed in Reaper.

Here's the link to the video https://youtu.be/fav6elY_ep0 or you can watch below. Also here is a link to Soundcloud Mercy (God Is Good)
Josie

Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/30/20 01:57 AM
Pretty song. Nice melody. Good job.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/30/20 11:29 AM
Josie,

A very nice production. A good mix. cool ending.

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/30/20 02:11 PM
What a cool intro Josie. Such a lovely vocal and lyric. Beautiful song
Posted By: dani48 Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/30/20 04:36 PM
Hi, Josie !

What a wonderful tune !
I loved everytning about it !
This is my new favourite tune of
yours !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: bluage Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/31/20 02:19 PM
Ms. 'Sundance'...

After listening to Mercy (God is Good), I realized with a sense of pleasant surprise that I had forgotten what a fine singer you are smile. Your vocal intro was sung in as gentle a manner as a mother would sing to her new-born infant, but at the same time, it also sounded like a quiet, two-note wake-up call to the masses to come to you, to listen to you, and heed your reassuring message. And then, those drums! POW! They really put the song 'on wheels' and sent it on its jam-tastic, upbeat way.

But, most of all, I'm very impressed with the song's arrangement! Lots of instruments: sax, strings, a choir, your voice and its harmonization, changes in the drums' rhythms, bass, piano, acoustic guitar, all really smoothly blended in an imgainative way, musically and mix-wise.

Your husband has a commanding, yet warm voice that was perfect for the monologue he provided -- wouldn't be surprised if he was a minister laugh !!!

Truly,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/31/20 02:31 PM
Hey! It's great that you posted this. Really nice song. Loving the vocals. Especially the held out ones.

When you said a special guest, you husband, I was expecting singing. I caught me off guard; but worked really well!

Now, keep 'em comin'! Good stuff!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/31/20 02:53 PM
Thank you. So happy you enjoyed it. I'm loving "the Cracks" reggae.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/31/20 02:55 PM
Thank you FJ! I always appreciate your ears.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 03/31/20 03:02 PM
We are happy that you have returned to the forum community!

We enjoyed the upbeat lyric, the vocal and the guest!

The mix sounds good on the monitors.

There is a lot happening with the tracks but everything has
it's own nice little spot and the mix has an airy feel.

Excellent vid image also.

Nice!

J&B

PS: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop came up on our playlist the other day smile
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/03/20 02:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool intro Josie. Such a lovely vocal and lyric. Beautiful song

Thank you Scott!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/03/20 02:24 AM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Josie !

What a wonderful tune !
I loved everytning about it !
This is my new favourite tune of
yours !

Cheers
Dani

My sweet Dani, you are always after my heart. Seriously, thank you!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/03/20 09:48 AM
Nice one. It's good to hear something from you. It's been a while.

This is really good. Loved the intro and the harmonies are spot on. You have such a smooth relaxing voice.

I never heard the longer "epic" version but this goes to show you CAN shorten those songs that are really long and still have a great song.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/03/20 10:13 AM
I really like this one, Josie!

Lovely vocal, and excellent job on the vocal production, very cool what you did there. Your husband sounds good too!

Great to see you with a new song.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/03/20 11:23 AM
hi Josie this is excellent much needed in this time!! love your vocal thanks for sharing Eric
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/03/20 05:58 PM
Nice song Josie. So good to be reminded of God's love for all of us. The song has a lot of variety and I can hear a large church choir singing it. Very uplifting worship song.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/03/20 06:10 PM
I said it elsewhere a really beautiful song done really nicely. I really enjoyed this song.

Tony
Posted By: MarioD Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/03/20 09:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Nice song Josie. So good to be reminded of God's love for all of us. The song has a lot of variety and I can hear a large church choir singing it. Very uplifting worship song.

Exactly!

This is the best new worship song I have heard in a long time. Everything about this is just plain perfect.

This should be played on not only radio stations but all radio stations. Everyone needs to hear this right now!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/04/20 06:09 PM

This sounds great Josie! Great to see you again!

I have been away a while myself. So glad to hear you again!

smile
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/04/20 09:43 PM
Josie,
The original was way before my time here- its a lovely uplifting song in this new guise with your sweetly held notes the highlight.
Welcome back!

Robert
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/06/20 09:25 PM
Really cool, uplifting tune!! Production is awesome!! Your voice has never sounded better.....like Carly Simon!! LOVE everything about this Sundance!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/08/20 04:07 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Ms. 'Sundance'...

After listening to Mercy (God is Good), I realized with a sense of pleasant surprise that I had forgotten what a fine singer you are smile. Your vocal intro was sung in as gentle a manner as a mother would sing to her new-born infant, but at the same time, it also sounded like a quiet, two-note wake-up call to the masses to come to you, to listen to you, and heed your reassuring message. And then, those drums! POW! They really put the song 'on wheels' and sent it on its jam-tastic, upbeat way.

But, most of all, I'm very impressed with the song's arrangement! Lots of instruments: sax, strings, a choir, your voice and its harmonization, changes in the drums' rhythms, bass, piano, acoustic guitar, all really smoothly blended in an imgainative way, musically and mix-wise.

Your husband has a commanding, yet warm voice that was perfect for the monologue he provided -- wouldn't be surprised if he was a minister laugh !!!

Truly,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

Wow Loren, what a descriptive review. I'm so happy you liked it. Thank you! My husband was in broadcasting most of his working life.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/08/20 04:40 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Hey! It's great that you posted this. Really nice song. Loving the vocals. Especially the held out ones.

When you said a special guest, you husband, I was expecting singing. I caught me off guard; but worked really well!

Now, keep 'em comin'! Good stuff!

Thank you HTL! So glad you liked it. BTW, check out the new avatar - it took time but the scars really did fade - just like you said! Hug your wife for me.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/09/20 07:14 AM
Josie,

I have not heard this before. What a great set of lyrics and of course the wonderful delivery.

Perfect timing for this song as well - something we can all use right now.

Bob
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/11/20 12:38 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We are happy that you have returned to the forum community!

We enjoyed the upbeat lyric, the vocal and the guest!

The mix sounds good on the monitors.

There is a lot happening with the tracks but everything has
it's own nice little spot and the mix has an airy feel.

Excellent vid image also.

Nice!

J&B

PS: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop came up on our playlist the other day smile

Thanks so much J&B! That's so nice to hear from y'all.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/11/20 12:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice one. It's good to hear something from you. It's been a while.

This is really good. Loved the intro and the harmonies are spot on. You have such a smooth relaxing voice.

I never heard the longer "epic" version but this goes to show you CAN shorten those songs that are really long and still have a great song.

Thank you Herb! I appreciate that.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/11/20 12:59 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I really like this one, Josie!

Lovely vocal, and excellent job on the vocal production, very cool what you did there. Your husband sounds good too!

Great to see you with a new song.

Thanks Dave! I needed that. Sometimes I feel like a mad scientist in there with all the production choices.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/11/20 01:02 AM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi Josie this is excellent much needed in this time!! love your vocal thanks for sharing Eric

Thank you Eric! Always so glad to see you.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/11/20 10:39 PM
Hi Josie,

It's great to see you wandering around in Users Showcase once more.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to your singing again. This song is a wonderful showcase for your outstanding voice.

I love this arrangement. Throughout, you kept my imagination piqued with interest. Not only that, but the calibre of the production is fantastic.

I know that I'm stating the obvious but I'll say it anyway... you really are a very talented woman.

Stay safe and all the best,
Noel
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/12/20 04:19 PM
As good as I've ever heard , no wait better than I've ever heard on this genre , you are a good singer nice tone from your voice .

Would love to hear some current songs from you.

Thanks
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/12/20 06:56 PM
Josie, that's beautiful work! Your background vocals on this are some of the best I've heard around here! (The lead vocal as well)! Great job! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Bawb Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/14/20 08:00 PM
Hi Josie,

I wish I would have been listening to Christian music in 2008. This would have been on the play list. Your voice has hints of Karen Carpenter sometimes through the song.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/14/20 08:34 PM
Josie

Really nice melody, and beautifully sung.

Very good uplifting song.

Peter
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/15/20 12:07 AM

Thank you Donna! Yeah, I love the Brooklyn Tabernacle choir's "His Favorite Song Of All" - I bawl like a baby every time I watch the video. When I was a kid I had an album of choir music that I loved and played until I wore it out. I only got to sing in one really big choir - it was a classical thing. The room was hot with those robes on. I was on the front row and right after the last song ended - thank God - I made it through the whole thing - I passed clean out. LOL! I was so embarrassed. I still laugh at myself over that one.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/15/20 12:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Teunis
I said it elsewhere a really beautiful song done really nicely. I really enjoyed this song.

Tony

I'm so happy for that Tony! Thank you.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/15/20 12:11 AM
God bless you Mario! Thank you so much.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/22/20 01:00 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Exactly!

This is the best new worship song I have heard in a long time. Everything about this is just plain perfect.

This should be played on not only radio stations but all radio stations. Everyone needs to hear this right now!

Mario thank you so much. What a nice thing to say.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/22/20 01:11 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This sounds great Josie! Great to see you again!

I have been away a while myself. So glad to hear you again!

smile

Thanks David! Right back at you.

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Josie,
The original was way before my time here- its a lovely uplifting song in this new guise with your sweetly held notes the highlight.
Welcome back! Robert

Thank you Robert. It's never been posted here or anywhere before - i started messing with it last year but I still wasn't able to be at the computer for very long at a time. I finally get well and now there's coronavirus....I digress. smile
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/22/20 01:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really cool, uplifting tune!! Production is awesome!! Your voice has never sounded better.....like Carly Simon!! LOVE everything about this Sundance!! Take care. Greg

thank you Greg! You're after my heart. BTW, All the best with your new album some seriously good stuff on there.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Josie,

I have not heard this before. What a great set of lyrics and of course the wonderful delivery.

Perfect timing for this song as well - something we can all use right now.

Bob

Miss my old partner in rhyme. So good to see you and looking forward to the rumored reunion tour. wink
Posted By: Al-David Re: Mercy (God Is Good) - 04/22/20 02:14 AM
Hi Josie ...

This song could not have come at a more appropriate time for us. We just learned our daughter has stage 3 cervical cancer.

It's wonderful sing ... well-written and arranged. And yours and your husband's vocals were perfect. The message is what we need at these times ... all of us, not just my wife and I.

Excellent in every way! You should be very proud of this one!

Wishing you the very best. Please be safe ...

Alan
© PG Music Forums