PG Music Home
Posted By: Westside Steve Shenandoah - 04/03/20 08:53 PM
Hi everybody. For my upcoming for the solo CD entitled "Great Wishes and Small" my version of the traditional classic Shenandoah. All BB tracksI will look up the style I used and post it soon. Recording software is Cakewalk by sonar I sang into an AKG c414 through a UA Apollo twin interface.
Listen to Shenandoah by Westside Steve Simmons on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/westside-steve-simmons/shenandoah-4-3-20-mp3

WSS
Posted By: MarioD Re: Shenandoah - 04/03/20 09:24 PM
This is really good. Great arrangement and vocal.
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Shenandoah - 04/04/20 03:29 PM
Hi everybody! The actual style is Dickson pop country
75 bpm
Sorry I didn't write down the nylons solo and I saved it after I exported it under another name. But I just did a search for soloist nylon and pick the first one of two that popped up and edited it. Hope you guys like it.
WSS
Posted By: musician17 Re: Shenandoah - 04/04/20 05:23 PM
I love it! Really original sound, a refreshing take on this! Your voice sounds relaxed and you have a calm delivery that soothes the soul. I love the choice of chords/harmony and RealStyle, too. Bravo!!!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Shenandoah - 04/04/20 08:51 PM
I have always loved this song!! You put together a really nice version of it....great vocal, and the acoustic works so well!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: RichardB1985 Re: Shenandoah - 04/04/20 09:08 PM
Beautifully done. The vocal is fantastic and sounds almost effortless. The choice of RealTracks is great as well. Really enjoyed listening to this.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Shenandoah - 04/05/20 12:21 AM
Wow, what a strong vocal! Really enjoyed this.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Shenandoah - 04/05/20 01:25 AM
It's one of my favorite all time songs. Nice version. Big vocals. Nice.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Shenandoah - 04/05/20 04:52 PM
An exceptional production.

The music is superb, and the vocal delivery is absolutely first class.

Everything about this spells out a first class production.

Every so often something comes along that is really outstanding. This is one of those events.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Shenandoah - 04/05/20 04:57 PM
Hi Steve ...

I was really looking forward to hearing this. I grew up on the banks of the Missouri River ... literally. I could see it from my bedroom window.

This is really, really nice! You have a strong, pleasant voice and it;s one of the all-time great hits of the American Culture.

Excellent! Thanks for a great listen. Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Shenandoah - 04/12/20 06:42 AM
Hey Mario, musician 17, Greg, Richard, tunemger, JP, Video and Al...
Thank you all for your kind words! I've always loved this song and felt okay putting it up here since it is a traditional piece. It took some editing with the nylon guitar solo but the other instruments just magically fell into place. It was almost like the steel guitar player was in the studio.
Barring any further distractions from this virus the new CD should be out in May.
WSS
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Shenandoah - 04/12/20 10:57 AM
This is an excellent version of the classic Shenandoah. Great use of BIAB, and very strong and dynamic vocals.
Posted By: furry Re: Shenandoah - 04/12/20 12:57 PM
WOW, THAT was truely awesome Steve. Fabulous voice, and by golly you can hold those notes. Really enjoyed that as it's been a favourite of mine since I was wee. Good key change too
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Shenandoah - 04/12/20 04:06 PM
I've never heard this song , so I cant compare , but on listening I liked this a lot , I like the arrangement and think your vocals do it justice.

Thanks
© PG Music Forums