PG Music Home
Hello Forum friends. Hope you are well. Optimism does not come naturally to me. However I decided to give it a shot, at least for long enough to write this song. I got the idea while I was out walking yesterday evening. The recording/mix/arrangement are poor at best. Hope you enjoy. Stay well, stay safe, and take care. Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/appreciate
The mix sounds good to me!

We need a song like this right now! Everything you sang is exactly true!

"We can appreciate the things we never do", what a great line! Plus there are a number of great lines in this song.

Your vocal is really strong here and as I said the mix sounds good.

This may be your best to date.
Much appreciated. This is just great.

I'll drop this in here for your uneasiness with optimism Things have been worse. And if not under our noses in generation and location, then sometime, somewhere.
Bravo! Well done. Lovely song. The production sounded fine to me. Loved the vocals and lyrics. That chord change towards the end of the stanzas was wonderful. Nice work.
Greg

Sounds good to me, nice optimistic number sung with your usual flowing style.

Hope you are going ok in your part of the world.

Peter
No issues with the mix Greg. Awesome vocal and very timely positive lyrics. Well done
Greg,

Another well-written song. A lot to think about - all well said...

The BAND sounds good. Right for the song. Well balanced. (I thought the drums could have been just slightly louder.).

Your usual, enjoyable vocals.

Excellent.

fj
"We can choose how we spend our time." Right? You made some great choices here, Greg. Your vocal is always wonderful. This is such a wonderfully written song, too. "We can appreciate the things we never do." This caught my brain, too, Mario. You never fail to make me smile, Greg. Positive vibes, man. Stay well.
Greg,

A bright and feel good feel to this oneā€”nice to hear in these crazy times. Your usual sweet vocal against an engaging melody. You say the mix is poor, but it sounds pretty good to me. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

All my best,

Deej
This is purely beautiful. I agree with Mario ... this is certainly one of your best to date, and yes, perhaps even your best. Thank you - we all, I feel, need this kind of song and message!!!
Always love your well thought out lyrics, never phoned in, plus that fabulous voice. You're on a high plain. Only thing left for you to do is write that career maker song, that one killer ditty everyone will remember you by.
Appreciate, negotiate, intoxicate, decompensate, illuminate, communicate, collaborate, cooperate...

Man, are those word choices ever creative. As is the entire write.

The melody is very special. The entire production well supports your always fine vocal
and the message.

We would not eradicate anything about it smile

Nice!

J&B
Greg,
A good thoughtful write that captures the way your mood went back and forth and came out with something optimistic ( and nicely melodic) on that walk!
Its cool that folks are responding with creativity as well as kindness; your song is like those hearts in windows around my neighbourhood.

Robert
Originally Posted By: MarioD
The mix sounds good to me!

We need a song like this right now! Everything you sang is exactly true!

"We can appreciate the things we never do", what a great line! Plus there are a number of great lines in this song.

Your vocal is really strong here and as I said the mix sounds good.

This may be your best to date.

Thanks Mario! Appreciate your kind words! I will be changing out the mix for a better one today. Take care, and stay safe! Greg
A nice strumming song that tells it exactly as it is, nice clear vocals finish this to the high standards you have achieved with this. Really Enjoyed it .

Thanks
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Greg

Sounds good to me, nice optimistic number sung with your usual flowing style.

Hope you are going ok in your part of the world.

Peter

Thanks Peter! I appreciate your kind words! Stay safe and take care. Greg
The Band-in-a-Box Forum COVID-19 challenge is continuing as a resounding success! It has brought out a whole new dimension of commitment to the art form on the part of the contributors. You all deserve a pat on the back.
This sounds good to me too, Greg!

Your lilting voice makes your performances sound effortless. Such good control.
Very enjoyable, Greg. This is a fantastic set of lyrics, definitely creative and thought provoking.

Very timely, as has been mentioned, and we can all reflect on the meaning behind this song.

I like the hold on 'Appreciate' 'Cooperate' etc, that concept works just so well. Gets one thinking.

Really well done.
Very nice, Greg!

"our only choice is how we approach the ride" pretty much sums it up for me.

Very well written and performed as per usual.
This is a little more country than your usual fare Greg but man did you belt a great tune here! What a message and a great job on this! Thanks, Torrey
Sounds great man.

smile
© PG Music Forums