PG Music Home
Posted By: HearToLearn The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/17/20 07:37 PM
I wanted it to write a positive and uplifting song for these times. I figured the best way was to say "thank you." That was the concept. smile

A lot of words. Even at that, way too many to thank.

Comments always appreciated.

The Front Lines (Thank You)

THE FRONT LINES (Thank You)

These are times like we’ve never seen before
It’s on TV
And it’s right outside of our doors
If we’re even gonna win this unexpected war
We need to stay safe inside

But then there are those
Who’ve had to answer a call
To be there for us
In spite of it all

So…
Thank you to you
Who stand on the front lines
Remember What you’re doin’
Is somebody’s lifeline

How do we say
When you’re put in harm's way
Thank you to you who
Stand on the front lines

To the one
Washing carts
To the one at the drive thru
To the clerk, the farmer, banker, plumber, grocer,
To all of you

That when it needs to be done
You are the ones
That come thru
So thank you to you who
Stand on the front lines

I’m saying my prayers
From down on my knees
For God to protect them
From this awful disease
For the mothers and fathers
The sons, and the daughters
Keep them all safe
Far and wide

They are the ones
Who’ve had to answer this call
To be there for us
In spite of it all

Thank you to you
Remember What you’re doin’
Is somebody’s lifeline

How do we say
When you’re put in harm's way
Thank you to you

To the truck drivers
And utility workers
To the pilot, installer, mechanic, and order takers

When it needs to be done
You are the ones
That come thru
So thank you to you
The front lines

(solo)

A salute to those
Serving in the armed forces
Ready for the call
Whatever the cause is

To the first responders
To those in medical services
To the EMT’s
The Doctors and the nurses

To the gas station attendant
And delivery driver
To the stocker, hotel staff, cashier
And the postal worker

Just too many to list
No job too small
The heroes of our nation
All for one, one for all

Thank you!
We thank you!
Thank you to you who

RT1255:Bass, Electric, PopShining
RT1264:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShining
RT1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRock
RT380:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Syncopated Sugar
RT1260:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopShining
RT688:Organ, B3, Background Pop
RT1030:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking

Drum Set Samples (Slate Audio)
Marching Snare, Canyon Drums, Chime, Tamb, and End Piano Note (EastWest)
Reverse Snare I made
Posted By: PeterF Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/17/20 08:31 PM
Caron

Utterly superb!

Rousing, stirring, and an impeccable production.

Too many good things happening to comment on them all.

Hopefully this will be heard widely outside this forum.

Peter
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/18/20 05:40 AM
This is easily one of the best songs that has ever been posted to this forum, just outstanding in every way!

I agree with Peter, this needs to be heard outside of this forum, I'm sure it would be a runaway hit.

Very, very good, Caaron!!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/18/20 11:08 AM
Caaron,

That SCREAMS "radio hit" "straight to #1". Right now. Hope this is making the Nashville rounds "as we speak".

An excellent write. It is a lot of words, but none that don't "do their job". Nice that you do get so many different angles covered. The services/nurses rhyme is awesome.

The production and mix is top notch. Nice bass sound. Awesome drum sound. The drive of the bass and drums with a clear vocal that sits perfectly - "up front" without being "above the mix". And - holy moly - what an incredible vocalist!!

I would guess that is you playing drums? Almost seems like cheating smile STELLAR.

I am expecting to hear this on the radio.
Within a week? Two at the most.
Hopefully - for the sake of us all - your window on this is VERY small.
Nonetheless it deserves millions of listens.

fj
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/18/20 11:23 AM
What a great tribute. So well said, and an outstanding production.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/18/20 05:36 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Caron

Utterly superb!

Peter

Wow, thank you for the listen and complimentary review. I always value your music, so what you said means a lot.

It would be great if it ends up outside of this forum. Time will tell. smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/18/20 05:59 PM
This is exceptionally good.

Very uplifting, dynamic, and tells the message perfectly.

Every part of this is just so well done. Congrats!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/18/20 06:00 PM
Can someone say "radio ready"? A lot can be said about this write, arrangement, production and performance but it's more rewarding to go back a listen again. Excellent and relevant song. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves. Enjoyed my listen.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/18/20 07:37 PM

Caaron,

This is awesome and pure Magic.

Yeah, this is a hit for sure man.

smile
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/19/20 10:28 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
This is easily one of the best songs that has ever been posted to this forum, just outstanding in every way!

I agree with Peter, this needs to be heard outside of this forum, I'm sure it would be a runaway hit.

Very, very good, Caaron!!

Dave I'm a big fan of you work. To me, you are the master of tone. Your songs are always top notch! So your comments really hit home. Thank you!

As far as it being heard outside of the forum, it's being worked on. Time will tell. I'm hopeful, but realistic. Ya gotta go for it though, right?

Thanks again for the very kind compliments and encouragement.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/19/20 12:49 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Caaron,

That SCREAMS "radio hit" "straight to #1". Right now. Hope this is making the Nashville rounds "as we speak".

It's hard to get anything to move fast in that town. wink Hopefully!

Quote:
An excellent write. It is a lot of words, but none that don't "do their job". Nice that you do get so many different angles covered. The services/nurses rhyme is awesome.

Overall a bit more simplistic; but I didn't want it to be complicated.
Apparently a lot of words aren't so hard to write as they are to sing. grin
Thanks for noticing.

Quote:
The production and mix is top notch. Nice bass sound. Awesome drum sound. The drive of the bass and drums with a clear vocal that sits perfectly - "up front" without being "above the mix". And - holy moly - what an incredible vocalist!!

It's amazing how other people can make your song sound...including BIAB!
The sounds themselves are still about 80% BIAB. I got compliments on how easy the tracks where to work with.

Quote:
I would guess that is you playing drums? Almost seems like cheating smile STELLAR.

There is one specific fill at the end that I questioned doing; but was advised TO DO it! "It needs something at that build that brings it up to date." Apparently my alternate take wasn't enough. There sure are blurred lines in genres now.
Thanks for noting the drums. I'll admit, with their mix, especially the kick and snare, are hard to miss.

Quote:
I am expecting to hear this on the radio.
Within a week? Two at the most.
Hopefully - for the sake of us all - your window on this is VERY small.
Nonetheless it deserves millions of listens.

One way or another it will get "out there." I'm in a weird hold for I believe 2 more days. Then we will see. I'm getting antsy. There's a window of how long this will be relevant AND accepted. There's also that window of other writers. eek

Thank you SO very much for your kind words and observations. I know things aren't lost on you by any means. I also want to thank you for the inspiration in becoming a better me. Not just in song writing either. smile Thanks friend!
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/19/20 04:13 PM
Wow, what a song. I can envision a video being made to this wonderful tribute to the "Front Line"!! In fact, my daughter said she could see Toby Keith doing this one!!
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/19/20 06:33 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Caron

Utterly superb!

Peter

I completely agree!

If I were you I would post this on every site that you can. Of course you should copyright first.

I truly believe this outstanding song should be heard by more than just the people on this forum.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/19/20 07:36 PM
Very good! Modern country with a sensational vocal, highly professional production and all the words don`t matter( and boy, doesn`t the singer make them tumble out beautifully), when you have such a good chorus hook.
Fantastic.

Robert
Posted By: Deej56 Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/19/20 08:54 PM
Hear to Learn,

First off, killer vocals on this. I mean, really good. The whole song has a very contemporary sound—definitely radio play type material, and I hope it goes there. Excellent production, and nice touch with the marching drums sound in the bridge. Lyrically sound and obviously very relevant. Very impressive work here. Good luck with this one!

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/20/20 01:31 AM
Fantastic vocals, great hook, you should be proud. Here and there it might have too many words, but a little tweaking would solve that, I think. Great job on every other level, and what was that trick at 2:25, that was boss! So professional! What a standard to set!
Posted By: Leon1 Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/20/20 02:15 AM
I totally agree with previous comments. Really well written, great production and first class vocal performance. A song for the moment.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/20/20 09:21 AM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
What a great tribute. So well said, and an outstanding production.

Thanks Marty, I was hoping it would be. Thank you for the kind comments! They mean a lot. smile

-C.Aaron
Posted By: Birchwood Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/20/20 12:43 PM
Hi Caaron,

What a good song you made! I can only join all those others who think this too. Dave said it so well in that matter (the others too, but he was first ;-).
You have a very strong, powerful voice. Also the lyrics were very well written and so to the point.
The melody is perfect for this kind of song and you gave it a very strong content. Why don't 'some' politicians in your country don't talk like this! Try to find an external broadcast to spread out the message!

Thanks,
Hans
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/20/20 12:55 PM
What an awesome vocal. Very cool backtrack. Excellent lyric. Well done...
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/20/20 06:47 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
This is exceptionally good.

Very uplifting, dynamic, and tells the message perfectly.

Every part of this is just so well done. Congrats!

Coming from you, those comments mean so much. I know you are one of ones who pay attention to what goes into a song. Your word choices made me smile! I so very much appreciate your comments!

-Caaron
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 10:16 AM
If you don't care I'd like to make a video using your song!!
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 01:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Can someone say "radio ready"? A lot can be said about this write, arrangement, production and performance but it's more rewarding to go back a listen again. Excellent and relevant song. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie, you are too kind my friend. I'm so glad you like what you heard! I always enjoy a review from you; and I know you're not one to sugar coat it. I appreciate that.

Be well and stay safe!

-Caaron
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 02:42 PM
Hi Caron this is awesome really great work on this vocal was perfect and lyrics well done thanks eric
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 03:01 PM
Had a thought...

If someone (in Nashville or otherwise) decides to rush this to radio (which they should)...

...suppose they decide that it is not wise to assemble the necessary crew in a studio to make this happen.

...And suppose, then, that they decide to ask for YOUR tracks to have the "star" sing to (in a small, controlled environment - as few people as possible)...

...and then they use those same tracks to mix the single to release to radio!!

How cool would it be to have a known example of BIAB tracks being used for a release.

Not to mention - YOU being the drummer on that release!!

Here's hoping all of that happens (soon).

smile
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 03:29 PM
Very professional sounding, great production. Great singing handling all those words very fluently. Anthemic message packaged with a catchy melody, reminds me of Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire.

Janne
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 03:37 PM
Aaron,
Radio level tune! Uplifting & very well composed. Yeah, lots of words, but the right ones and you managed them very well. Production is ACE!
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Bawb Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 04:54 PM
Wow Man!!!

Did I say wow?

This has a great sound a really good lyrics!
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Caaron,

This is awesome and pure Magic.

Yeah, this is a hit for sure man.

smile

Hey David! Thanks for stopping in the the listen. I nice to see you around a bit more. I appreciate your comments!

-Caaron
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 10:12 PM
HearToLearn, this is a top level awesome song in every aspect! Probably one the best ever posted here as far as I'm concerned! The vocals are pro level and I don't throw that term around lightly!! They are some of the best I've heard! Great uplifting tune that shows respect to those who deserve it! Here's hoping for you that this tune reaches far beyond this forum because it deserves a much bigger audience! Bravo! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/21/20 10:37 PM
Caaron ...

This should be blaring from just about every radio station in the country ... it's pure magic that bridges genre, politics and human emotion. I'll keep this short and simple: As disabled Vietnam vet and Army retiree, I offer you my best and most sincere salute. Thank you for this wonderful message wrapped so wonderfully in some of the best music and production I've heard in a very long time.

Wishing you the very best. Please be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/22/20 11:17 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

I completely agree!

If I were you I would post this on every site that you can. Of course you should copyright first.

I truly believe this outstanding song should be heard by more than just the people on this forum.

Thanks Mario! I do have a copyright on it. It's also registered with BMI. The last step has been getting it all on the major streaming sites and for purchase. It's a song that has been pitched to several artists; but I'm realistic about that. What I didn't anticipate where the number of performers and writers who are making TONS of music; because they are at home. It's lagging things a bit; but it's getting there.

Thanks so much for the kind and encouraging words!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/22/20 05:21 PM
Well, we think all the superlatives were used up in record forum time for this production.

Having front line family and friends we took the liberty of posting this to our fb site.

There's really no need in our opinion to parse it all out for comment as for a song
like this it's the entire package that shines. And the totality of it is a memorable production that delivers the message like an avalanche. But without a whit of sappiness in the to the point great lyric.

A message that crosses so many divisive lines and stimulates positive thoughts of UNITY.

Superb to the max!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/23/20 09:20 PM
Very cool song!! You are one helluva singer!! This is so sweet.....catchy, sincere, and well done in every way!! The sentiment reminded me of a video I saw on TV when a lot of Italians were out on their balconies applauding the health care workers.....so touching! LOVE THIS!!! Thank you! Take care. Greg
Posted By: beatmaster Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/24/20 10:33 AM
What a track this is sounding awesome, vocals are just excellent and the production, marching drums, the whole layout is great,
lyrics amazing fit, This leads me searching for your past posts as I have never come across a post of one of your songs, It sounds completely different to your earlier posts, even your voice sounds different did you use an effects to get the growl upfront sound.

To me its like a Nashville/eagles kind of style.

Thanks

Take care
Posted By: dani48 Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/24/20 05:45 PM
Hi, Caaron !:))

I don´t really have
words for this but
I think it is absolutely superb
and everything about it
is just marvelous !

My new Caaron fav from now
on !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/27/20 12:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Very good! Modern country with a sensational vocal, highly professional production and all the words don`t matter( and boy, doesn`t the singer make them tumble out beautifully), when you have such a good chorus hook.
Fantastic.

Robert

Thanks Robert! He did do a great job with the melody and lyrics! I very much appreciate the listen and comments. smile
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/28/20 11:18 PM
I feel like standing on the front and waving a flag.
Good thank you, thank you!
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 04/29/20 12:22 AM
Wow. That is an epic production. Top notch. Great lyrics, singing, recording, and, of course, band. I agree, that is a pro offering. Great job.
Posted By: tommyad Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 05/01/20 05:29 PM
C.Aaron, Tremendous work on this. Huge drum sound with some fabulous playing by you. Whoever your singer is absolutely killed it. The vocal is outrageously good! This is a fine write capped off with a mix that matches the epic proportion of the project. A super big bravo to you and whoever else was involved, Tom
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) - 05/01/20 07:29 PM
I can only double all the accolades everyone else has said already. This is by far the best I have heard here, and that's not an easy task when there are some really superb songs being posted. The songwriting, singing, production, all masterful.

I'm going to play this one for my wife. She is working in the front lines too.
© PG Music Forums