PG Music Home
Posted By: Blue1878 Fight A War ! - 04/29/20 02:20 PM
Hi, this is my first post. I recently joined the groups Band in a box user group and Band in a box music anytime.
I played some of my songs and was advised by a few members to post in the user showcase.
I write songs in all genres and have no particular favourite.
I tried to get the feel of the band Coldplay with this track.
I usually get others to perform vocals but I decided to have a go at this one myself.
This is all in BIAB........ my vocals were done in Audacity.
Most of the tracks were Pop Power tracks with the drums being Praise and worship.
I used an effect on my vocals...... nectar elements in Audacity.
Thank you for listening

https://www.bandlab.com/joewynne/newest-shoulder-to-cry-on-in-e-render-5a946b95?revId=6ebbc471-e45f-ea11-a94c-0003ffd1cad8
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Fight A War ! - 04/29/20 09:05 PM
Joe,
Welcome to the forum!
I enjoyed your vocal and the energy of this song ( no reason I can hear that you`d need someone else for vocals).
Your Real Track choices for the song sound good and I like the "I don`t want to fight a war" hook.
Its always good to post lyrics - folks here do take notice.

Robert
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Fight A War ! - 04/29/20 10:24 PM
Welcome Joe
I'm with Robert, your vocal sounds just fine to me. Nicely written and produced.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 05:15 AM
Hi Robert
Thanks for the welcome and your kind comments.
I hadn't visited this page before so I was unaware of the lyrics being part of the process. I will remember that.
I have been lucky to have found some great singers who have performed for me on some of my tracks which I will try and post eventually.
I will start looking and listening to other contributors as well.
Thank you
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 05:28 AM
Hi Leon
Thank you for your nice comments.
This is my first visit to the forum and I intend to listen to other peoples work and post a few more of my own tracks.Thanks again
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 07:20 AM
Lively and dynamic.

This is a great production, lyrically, musically and vocally

Lots to like about this, and welcome, also.
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 07:24 AM
Wow! Thank you so much and also for the welcome
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 11:59 AM
Joe,

Excellent use of BIAB. Good tracks, nicely mixed.

A good vocal. It is just slightly "too upfront" for the song style - not much, but it kind of "sits on top of the mix". A small lowering in volume (maybe 1 dB) would let it "sit in the mix" some. But like I said - that's all just slightly...an opinion, of course... (it is a very nice vocal!).

Good song. Enjoyed.

Welcome to the Showcase!

fj
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 04:08 PM
Hi Floyd
Thank you for the welcome and for listening.......I will take your observations on board......thanks again
Posted By: Scott C Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 04:47 PM
Welcome to the forum. Excellent first post. Super vocal and loved the guitar. Well done
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 06:47 PM
Thank you Scott..... kind of you to say so......its nice to hear some good comments.......thanks for the welcome
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 07:20 PM

Hey Joe,

I like this! This is really good.

I thought your vocals were excellent.

Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 04/30/20 07:39 PM
Thank you David for the positive feedback and the warm welcome.......I hope to post some new songs in the near future.........thanks again
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Fight A War ! - 05/02/20 10:47 PM
Welcome Joe,
I've only been here a few months myself.
That's a damn good first song.

Don't outsource your vocals, you sound good!
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/03/20 12:55 PM
Hey thank you for your comments, nice of you to say so.
Ive not had much chance to listen to other peoples songs yet. I write across all genres and have been lucky with some pro singers guesting on my tracks.
I hope to post some of them eventually.....thanks again
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Fight A War ! - 05/03/20 01:20 PM
Hey, Joe! This is great you're here. You KNOW I love this song AND your style. Keep 'em coming, man. WELCOME!!
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/03/20 02:50 PM
Hey Marty, good to see your picture. I took the advice from one or two people from the other groups and put something up.....thanks for all your kind words with my efforts at songwriting.....this is what we all enjoy regardless of any plaudits.....its a hobby and thats good enough for me.
nice to be here. Take care
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/03/20 02:51 PM
Hey Marty, good to see your picture. I took the advice from one or two people from the other groups and put something up.....thanks for all your kind words with my efforts at songwriting.....this is what we all enjoy regardless of any plaudits.....its a hobby and thats good enough for me.
nice to be here. Take care
Posted By: MarioD Re: Fight A War ! - 05/03/20 05:18 PM
Joe, this is one hell of a super first post!

I love everything about this one. You vocal is really strong and the backing tracks are spot on.

You should be very proud of this one.
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/03/20 05:31 PM
Thanks Mario thats really encouraging. Im hoping to post some more songs soon and listen to other peoples......nice to get some positive feedback.....thanks once again
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Fight A War ! - 05/05/20 05:55 PM
Vocals are fine and well suited to the production.

And the mix sounds great on our monitors. Nice soundstage.

Welcome and we enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/05/20 07:29 PM
Thanks for listening guys and the warm welcom, much appreciated.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Fight A War ! - 05/06/20 08:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Joe!! Excellent first post.....strong song, strong lyric, great arrangement, and passionate vocal!! All works great to me! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/07/20 04:42 AM
Hi Greg, thanks for listening and your kind review also the warm welcome
Posted By: rayc Re: Fight A War ! - 05/07/20 07:14 AM
Bluey,
The vocal is pretty good - a little loud/out front and needs some sibilance & harsh sounds (plosives) dealt with but nothing outrageous.
The intro lead guitar is a bit to hard n heavy for the song in my ears the actual solo tone/style seems better - though it's drenched.
I really missed the guitars when they dropped out after the solo.
Really good song.
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/07/20 10:41 AM
Hi Bluey, thanks for your comments.....all taken on board
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Fight A War ! - 05/09/20 02:34 AM
Nice work, you got some skillz, this is a good place to exploit them. Like you, I usually get somebody else to sing but occasionally do it myself (My best songs are always sung by someone else. My 'goofing around' songs get sung by me.) Again, good work!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/09/20 04:16 AM
Hi, Joe !

Welcome to the forum and
the Biab gang !

Very good first post you´ve
done, sounds pro to me !

Sure we´ll hear more gems
from you henceforth !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/09/20 04:57 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your comments....I think my best songs are performed by other people too but sometimes I just cant get the right vocalist to suit the song... I have been lucky with a few where pro singers have kindly sung for me......I hope to post some of them soon.....thanks once again
Posted By: Blue1878 Re: Fight A War ! - 05/09/20 04:59 AM
Hi Dani,
Thanks for listening and your comments....I hope to post some more of my songs soon.....I appreciate your input......thanks again
© PG Music Forums