That I would expect
Didn’t see it coming
Took me by surprise
Didn’t bother sneaking around
He hit me right between the eyes
Mmmmm
Right between the eyes

Peter & Leon,
I like the way you tear into this romp through Leon`s wryly funny take on that friendship: my favourite lines

I said I think you might be
Somewhat deluded
From this day forth old pal
Our friendship is concluded

A great rollicking backtrack and Peter`s lead and support guitars makes it sound like a party to celebrate the end of this friend!

Robert
Peter & Leon,

HA! A fun song. It has a Prine flavor to it (though John would have likely lost the girl). smile

The BAND works well. Just what the song needed.
A solid vocal (always). And Janice is always a good addition.
Good guitar additions. And a good mix. Right between the ears...

fj
Well, you guys sure hit the bullseye on this one. Great band, great voices, great guitar, and the lyrics tell a sad story with a happy ending.

She sent him packing
She spurned him good
I knew our love was strong
I knew she would
It works! haha. Really enjoyed it, a stirring story about that rare thing, loyalty in love. Didn't expect the twist - i.e. that the singer would actually keep the girl - I was ready for a betrayal/sob story kinda thing. This twist really works and is refreshing. Good job from every angle.
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter & Leon,
I like the way you tear into this romp through Leon`s wryly funny take on that friendship: my favourite lines

I said I think you might be
Somewhat deluded
From this day forth old pal
Our friendship is concluded

A great rollicking backtrack and Peter`s lead and support guitars makes it sound like a party to celebrate the end of this friend!

Robert

Thanks Robert appreciate the review.

Peter

A good Love song!

Well done.
Very well crafted song. The guitar is great Nice backing vocals Lion and Janice. Mixed in nicely. Good one.
Clever write as per usual, good vocals (always a treat hearing Janice in the mix), top notch guitar work ... what's not to like?

Good one guys and gal, enjoyed.
Hello Peter, Leon and Janice,

This is a very funny story you sang about. It 'Hit me right between the eyes'!
The way you sing this was easy to imagine, right in front of my eyes!
Well done, the three of you,

Hans
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter & Leon,

HA! A fun song. It has a Prine flavor to it (though John would have likely lost the girl). smile

The BAND works well. Just what the song needed.
A solid vocal (always). And Janice is always a good addition.
Good guitar additions. And a good mix. Right between the ears...

fj

Thanks floyd appreciate all the comments.

Peter
Well Peter you let the reins go a little bit on the intro. Very cool intro. Love the vocal and lyric. Guitar was just smokin. Well done.
Yea I hear a little John Prine also.

This song has everything, great vocal, harmony, chord progression, guitar leads and mix.

This is a winner.
floyd and Marty,

Thanks for mentioning my small part!

Janice
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Well, you guys sure hit the bullseye on this one. Great band, great voices, great guitar, and the lyrics tell a sad story with a happy ending.

She sent him packing
She spurned him good
I knew our love was strong
I knew she would

Thanks appreciate the comments.

Peter
Originally Posted By: musician17
It works! haha. Really enjoyed it, a stirring story about that rare thing, loyalty in love. Didn't expect the twist - i.e. that the singer would actually keep the girl - I was ready for a betrayal/sob story kinda thing. This twist really works and is refreshing. Good job from every angle.

Thanks a lot.

Peter
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
A good Love song!

Well done.

Thanks

Peter
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Very well crafted song. The guitar is great Nice backing vocals Lion and Janice. Mixed in nicely. Good one.

Thanks for the comments.

Peter
Hi Peter,

Well, that was lots of fun. Loved the way that backing track just kept romping on.

Great guitar work, excellent vocals again, with Janice always adding that extra sparkle
to everything she sings on.

A great song with clever lyrics.

Enjoyed immensely.

ROG.
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Clever write as per usual, good vocals (always a treat hearing Janice in the mix), top notch guitar work ... what's not to like?

Good one guys and gal, enjoyed.

Originally Posted By: Birchwood

Hans

Thanks y’all!

Janice
Originally Posted By: Birchwood

Hans

Thanks Hans.

Peter

Sounding good Peter!

Great production!
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Well Peter you let the reins go a little bit on the intro. Very cool intro. Love the vocal and lyric. Guitar was just smokin. Well done.

Thanks Scott - (that intro was toned down from an earlier one).

Peter
Hi Janice, Peter & Leon ...

Cool song with a real clever lyric. Love the humor! Everything works just as it should ... in place and well performed. Can't go wrong with anything Janice sings ... I bet should make a nutrition label sound enticing! Some smokin' guitar sitting perfectly behind Leon's terrific singing. So, what's not to like?
Not a thing, I would say.

Nicely done! Best to all of you & be safe ...

Alan
A good one indeed.
I'd like to have heard a little more of Janice and probably panned a little further from the main vocal.
Good story too.
Fun song, despite the threats the story posed. Good for her! I love this band and the guitar is nice and edgy in that honky-tonk way. Much enjoyed here.
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Peter,

Well, that was lots of fun. Loved the way that backing track just kept romping on.

Great guitar work, excellent vocals again, with Janice always adding that extra sparkle

Enjoyed immensely.

ROG.

Thanks a lot Rog.

Peter

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Yea I hear a little John Prine also.

This song has everything, great vocal, harmony, chord progression, guitar leads and mix.

This is a winner.

Thanks Mario

Peter
I agree with Mario. This does have a little bit of a Prine feel to it. Which of course is a great thing. I love the write and the vocals including the harmony. Peter your guitar has the right crunch for the song. Cool tune, Tom
Nice lyrics and a fun song with good guitar work, and you both done a fine job on the vocals

Thanks
Lot of fun to this one, in terms of pure enjoyment, best I've heard from you. Listened several times.
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Sounding good Peter!

Great production!

Thanks David
Originally Posted By: Al-David

Cool song with a real clever lyric. Love the humor! Everything works just as it should ... in place and well performed. Can't go wrong with anything Janice sings ... I bet should make a nutrition label sound enticing! Some smokin' guitar sitting perfectly behind Leon's terrific singing. So, what's not to like?

Alan

Alan

Thanks a lot for the kind words.

Peter
What a fun song Peter, Leon and Janice! Peter that guitar sounds great! It's got a smokin' tone that I love! Very nice vocal from Leon and Janice always helps elevate a song to a higher level no matter how much she contributes! Thanks, Torrey
Yes. Yes. Yes. Sizzling guitar, Peter.

Good vocals.

Love the lyrical narrative.
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Fun song, despite the threats the story posed. Good for her! I love this band and the guitar is nice and edgy in that honky-tonk way. Much enjoyed here.

Thanks

Peter

Originally Posted By: rayc
A good one indeed.
I'd like to have heard a little more of Janice and probably panned a little further from the main vocal.
Good story too.

Thanks Ray

Peter
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Peter,

Enjoyed immensely.

ROG.

Originally Posted By: Al-David

Alan

Originally Posted By: rayc
A good one indeed.
Good story too.
Originally Posted By: tommyad
I agree with Mario. This does have a little bit of a Prine feel to it. Which of course is a great thing. I love the write and the vocals including the harmony. Peter your guitar has the right crunch for the song. Cool tune, Tom

Thanks guys for commenting on the harmony. I always look forward to working with Peter and Leon!

Janice
This is great. A very original love song with some smokin' guitar.
Thanks for sharing.
Mike
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Nice lyrics and a fun song with good guitar work, and you both done a fine job on the vocals

Thanks

Appreciate the comments.
Peter

Originally Posted By: tommyad

Thanks Tom

Peter
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Lot of fun to this one, in terms of pure enjoyment, best I've heard from you. Listened several times.

Appreciate the comments.

Peter
Originally Posted By: beatmaster

Thanks

Thank you!

Janice
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Yes. Yes. Yes. Sizzling guitar, Peter.

Good vocals.

Love the lyrical narrative.

Thanks A lot.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
What a fun song Peter, Leon and Janice! Peter that guitar sounds great! It's got a smokin' tone that I love! Very nice vocal from Leon and Janice always helps elevate a song to a higher level no matter how much she contributes! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey

Peter
Cool song!! Just plain fun!! Great band you put together, and having Janice on BGs lends class to any production!! Nicely done!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
This is great. A very original love song with some smokin' guitar.
Thanks for sharing.
Mike

Appreciate that Mike.

Peter
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss

What a sweet thing to say. I appreciate it very much!

Janice
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool song!! Just plain fun!! Great band you put together, and having Janice on BGs lends class to any production!! Nicely done!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg!

Janice
© PG Music Forums