PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C DREC - 05/04/20 11:00 AM
Here is a rescued song from 2014. When I created this song I could not come up with anything that felt good to play with it. When I started learning how to use my new DAW the software came with some midi instruments and effects plugins which I had never used before. I dusted off my electric piano/ midi controller and was playing with it. I did the intro then added the real tracks.

DREC

Iused the Drag and Drop Feature in BIAB and it worked flawlessly. Very impressed

Bass_Real 1174 Bass, Electric, PopCalypso Ev 100
Drums_RealDrums FunkHalfNotePulse
Guitar_Real 3442 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritPsycFunky Ev16 100
Melody_Real 3527 Vocals, Background GospelCool3-part Sw16 075
Piano_Real 1408 Piano, SynthLayer, Rhythm Soul70sHeld Ev16 100
Soloist_Real 3152 Fiddle, 5-string, Background AmericanaFolkCoolAndy Sw16 075
Strings_Real 3027 Vocal Oohs, Background Pop3-part Ev 085

Guitar Gretsch Penguin
Amp Purdy
Effects Two Eventide H9's
Posted By: floyd jane Re: DREC - 05/04/20 11:18 AM
Scott,

A VERY cool opening!

Your guitar tone on this is sweet. And the rest of the mix sound good. Bass - nice and punchy and clear. The rhythm guitars at a good level, supportive.

A nice listen.

fj
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: DREC - 05/04/20 11:54 AM
Scott,
Cool freestyle experiment piece. Excellent sounding guitar! I like the panning intro / synth, I wish it would appear in other places of this tune. On the other hand, you got you Spirit Level project for that smile Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: DREC - 05/04/20 12:17 PM
Well done!

Gives me some hope that I might improve my skills in using the tools I have.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: DREC - 05/04/20 01:24 PM
Yeah, loved the opening!

Nice melody, and nice use of FX on the guitar.

One of your best I think.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: DREC - 05/04/20 07:09 PM
You never cease to surprise...in good ways!

That opening is neat and effective.

Your playing sounds ethereal in both chops and tone...very nice.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

PS Keep that equipment dusted off! smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: DREC - 05/04/20 10:56 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

A VERY cool opening!

Your guitar tone on this is sweet. And the rest of the mix sound good. Bass - nice and punchy and clear. The rhythm guitars at a good level, supportive.

A nice listen.

fj

Thanks so much Floyd. I have been working really hard on the mixing and doing some online courses. This new DAW is really something. So glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Scott,
Cool freestyle experiment piece. Excellent sounding guitar! I like the panning intro / synth, I wish it would appear in other places of this tune. On the other hand, you got you Spirit Level project for that smile Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks Misha for checking out the song. I am using a control surface to mix the songs now. Trying to mix by ear instead of visually. Plus it has lots of buttons for doing automation. Maybe will settle down when the novelty wears off lol..
Posted By: Robertkc Re: DREC - 05/05/20 12:15 PM
Scott,
This is layered in a subtle way with the synth sounds nicely placed and balanced to your guitar... which has never sounded better!
I`m glad other listeners are noticing the mix on this- its very good, so the new DAW and your studies are really paying off.

Robert
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: DREC - 05/05/20 02:29 PM
Man, that intro is like a golden curtain rising on the talented starring guitar, canter stage. Sometimes some character players get a bit lost in the wings of the mix, like the vocals, but listening closely it's easy to hear some extraordinary creativity. Loved it, then went on to more of your wonderful playing.
Posted By: Scott C Re: DREC - 05/07/20 12:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Scott,

Misha.

Thanks Misha for checking out the song. Glad you liked the intro. Was just playing around with the keyboard. I will try to put into some of the new songs I am working on. Skills are very basic on the keyboard

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Well done!

Gives me some hope that I might improve my skills in using the tools I have.

Thanks Captain Moto. This BIAB software and this forum has kept my interest in playing music. Always something new to try and hear. What better way to improve your skills. Discover new things you didn't know you could do and be surround by music. Pretty cool combination
Posted By: jannesan Re: DREC - 05/07/20 02:50 PM
Very cool intro that leads nicely to the beautiful melody and nice minor chording. Maybe in the middle there's bit too much going on both left and right, but things get clearer in the end. Enjoyable guitar playing once again.

BTW what does the title mean?

Janne
Posted By: MarioD Re: DREC - 05/07/20 08:32 PM
Scott, that is one sweet sounding axe you have there. Of course your musicianship makes it really sing! Outstanding mix.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: DREC - 05/08/20 12:39 AM
Yes, very sweet tone on that guitar. Very dreamy number. Well done.
Posted By: rayc Re: DREC - 05/08/20 05:00 AM
I'd have loved the intro to go for longer and the guitar to start over it for a bit before the intro dropped away.
TWO Eventides...man, you're in the treasure house.
Nice tone & sounds.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: DREC - 05/08/20 07:08 PM
As has been said Intro Good stuff, the Guitar playing carries this along, the mix is good and its a stand out tune.

Thanks
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: DREC - 05/08/20 07:44 PM
Nice trippy piece Scott. The guitar sounds like liquid gold. Lots of interesting things going on in the background too.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: DREC - 05/09/20 01:13 AM
Nice, trippy mood piece. Well done throughout!
Posted By: ROG Re: DREC - 05/09/20 07:37 AM
Hi Scott,

A super-cool track throughout.

Brilliant intro and fabulous guitar sound from the Gretsch, Purdy and Eventides (I'm a great fan of Eventide stuff.)

A very expressive and artistic piece of playing.

Cheers,
ROG.
Posted By: Scott C Re: DREC - 05/09/20 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah, loved the opening!

Nice melody, and nice use of FX on the guitar.

One of your best I think.

Thanks Dave. I was getting frustrated with my effects so I put most of my pedal board up on Kijiji. They went pretty fast and I was on the hunt for an Eventide H9. Incredible pedal. Downside is it can only do one effect at a time so had to bite the bullet and find another. Really glad you liked the tune.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
You never cease to surprise...in good ways!

That opening is neat and effective.

Your playing sounds ethereal in both chops and tone...very nice.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

PS Keep that equipment dusted off! smile

Thanks Janice and Bud for checking out the song. I had shelved my keyboard as it did not do a very good job on its own but my mew daw has virtual instruments included with it and it brought back to life with the midi controller built into it. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Scott,
This is layered in a subtle way with the synth sounds nicely placed and balanced to your guitar... which has never sounded better!
I`m glad other listeners are noticing the mix on this- its very good, so the new DAW and your studies are really paying off.

Robert

Thanks Bud Yes I must say their are some excellent online courses out there. So much fun. Been having some serious fun with the synth. Now if I could only talk the missus into letting me lug a B3 and 145 Leslie down the stairs we could open serious Vanilla Fudge vibe.

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Man, that intro is like a golden curtain rising on the talented starring guitar, canter stage. Sometimes some character players get a bit lost in the wings of the mix, like the vocals, but listening closely it's easy to hear some extraordinary creativity. Loved it, then went on to more of your wonderful playing.

Thanks so much Marty for awesome comments. I am so glad you joined the forum. I just love your tunes and collabs as well. You are a very skillful bass player
Posted By: Scott C Re: DREC - 05/12/20 02:57 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very cool intro that leads nicely to the beautiful melody and nice minor chording. Maybe in the middle there's bit too much going on both left and right, but things get clearer in the end. Enjoyable guitar playing once again.

BTW what does the title mean?

Janne

Thanks Janne for checking out the song. The title is a bit cryptic. It is the initials of a motorcycle dealership I have back in the late 60's. Just a inside nostalgia thing.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Scott, that is one sweet sounding axe you have there. Of course your musicianship makes it really sing! Outstanding mix.

Thanks Mario for the kind words. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Yes, very sweet tone on that guitar. Very dreamy number. Well done.

Thanks glad you liked the song
Posted By: Scott C Re: DREC - 05/14/20 01:36 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
I'd have loved the intro to go for longer and the guitar to start over it for a bit before the intro dropped away.
TWO Eventides...man, you're in the treasure house.
Nice tone & sounds.

Thanks Ray for checking our the song. Switching to the Eventides has really been an improvement I think. I did keep and Archer and Lenny though for grit tunes.

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
As has been said Intro Good stuff, the Guitar playing carries this along, the mix is good and its a stand out tune.

Thanks

Thanks for checking out the song

Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Nice trippy piece Scott. The guitar sounds like liquid gold. Lots of interesting things going on in the background too.
Cheers,
Mike

Thank Mike Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Nice, trippy mood piece. Well done throughout!

Thanks so much Glad you like it

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Scott,

A super-cool track throughout.

Brilliant intro and fabulous guitar sound from the Gretsch, Purdy and Eventides (I'm a great fan of Eventide stuff.)

A very expressive and artistic piece of playing.

Cheers,
ROG.

Thanks Rog for checking out the song. I really appreciate your comments.. Glad you liked the song..
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: DREC - 05/14/20 09:00 PM
Very enjoyable to listen to!

The backing tracks have a nice light texture underscoring the effervescent guitar. Magnificent sound.

I, too, enjoyed the intro.
Posted By: Al-David Re: DREC - 05/14/20 11:18 PM
Cheers,
Mike

Mike nailed this one for me ... exactly what I was thinking. A new sound from you that;s such a pleasant listen. Man, you post some terrific stuff ... always love clicking onto something new from you ... never the slightest bit of disappointment.

Take care and be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Scott C Re: DREC - 05/17/20 02:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Very enjoyable to listen to!

The backing tracks have a nice light texture underscoring the effervescent guitar. Magnificent sound.

I, too, enjoyed the intro.

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Cheers,
Mike

Mike nailed this one for me ... exactly what I was thinking. A new sound from you that;s such a pleasant listen. Man, you post some terrific stuff ... always love clicking onto something new from you ... never the slightest bit of disappointment.

Take care and be safe ...

Alan

Thanks Alan. Love looking for ways to use the BIAB software. This song started with midi instruments back in 2014 then shelved. I brought it back to life with new mix of Real tracks. Felt much better to play to. Glad you liked it
© PG Music Forums