PG Music Home
Posted By: RichardB1985 Hold On (Featuring Avigail Danino) - 05/17/20 11:49 AM
Hold On

I worked with a vocalist to provide the vocals on this one as my microphone hasn't turned up yet. Thought I'd share it with you all and any feedback would be appreciated too!

Style is Royalty Bubble Gum Pop w/Horns. The horns, bass and drum loop are from BIAB.
Posted By: rayc Re: Hold On (Featuring Avigail Danino) - 05/19/20 09:19 AM
Nice voice.
The backing leans heavily to the left for a minute but balances soon enough.
Everything sees louder than everything else.
It may not be genre appropriate but if you have you kick, bass & vocal at the same level and then the other parts about 6dB lower and panned away you should then be able to carve some space for the vocal.
Cool song though.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Hold On (Featuring Avigail Danino) - 05/19/20 09:27 AM
Unique, different and really likable.

I think the vocals sit too far back, and perhaps revisiting the mix could make the song better still.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Hold On (Featuring Avigail Danino) - 05/19/20 09:43 AM
Richard,
Nice modern tune. Smooth female vocals. Listens well. The only suggestion is instruments are overpowering vocals.

One of the best lessons I learned from folks on this forum is try to give space to vocals (or any instruments for that matter) to avoid muddiness.
1)Volumes 2) Frequency clashes. The volume balance is straight forward lower instruments, up (or ride) the vocals. Frequency clashes... I am still learning. I am getting better,but not to the level I want to get. I suggest you look into two of these items. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Hold On (Featuring Avigail Danino) - 05/19/20 09:56 AM
Hello Richard,

You have made a very nice song, though there is some room for improvement.
I agree with all who told you about the vocals and the band, the drums and room for other instruments.
About the vocals: they are very nice, but watch out for the amount of reverb. You could do with a bit less. I think the quality of the vocals will increase. But perhaps Misha is more clear on that part.

Hans
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Hold On (Featuring Avigail Danino) - 05/24/20 08:10 PM
Nicely done!! I think the vocalist worked out great.....just the right kind of voice for this song! Really great work!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Hold On (Featuring Avigail Danino) - 05/24/20 08:31 PM
Good song and vocals, I enjoyed it. Yes, it would be even better with more attention to the vocal mix, but it was still very good!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Hold On (Featuring Avigail Danino) - 05/25/20 11:58 AM
Richard,
This is a good song with a dramatic pop feel I enjoyed.
I think your vocalist is excellent; production improvements aside, this is a keeper that shows you have songwriting skills and understand the genre.
Look forward to more!

Robert
© PG Music Forums