PG Music Home
Posted By: Ghostgum "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/19/20 06:44 AM
Autumn Nights (remix)

http://www.brianraynormusic.com/samples/AN3.mp3

A friend gave me an Epiphone Les Paul to evaluate so I thought I would pair it with a track I made earlier in the year.

Recording chain is: Guitar - Behringer Xenyx mixer - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB interface - Reaper DAW.
The effects: Reverb (mixer); Convolution Amp/Cab modeler Vox AC30, Vocal finaliser (Reaper DAW).
This is the first time I have used Voc Fin on an instrument. Normally I use it only for vocals but I have discovered that it can add depth, resonance and oomph to almost any sound that is otherwise a bit on the thin side.

BIAB Style: LUCENT.STY (85bpm)

Drums - Shannon Forrest
Acoustic Bass - Byron House (reverb 0)
Acoustic Piano - Miles Black (reverb 60)
Acoustic Rhythm Guitar - Brent Mason (reverb 65)
Electric Solo Guitar - Brent Mason (reverb 67)
Acoustic Fingerpick Guitar - Jason Roller (reverb 40)
Vocal oohs - David Wise & Shelly Justice (reverb 75)
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/21/20 12:04 PM
Sweet sounds, Brian. An excellent example of "in the right hands." Yyou make the Epiphone sing.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/23/20 11:06 AM
Hi Brian
Very laid back tune. I liked that a lot.
For recording I use a Vox AC30 sim. It does the the job well and it is so much lighter than the real thing (which I also have BTW.lol)
Nice sound fron the LP. Have you considered a compressor / sustainer in the line? Doesnt have to be a Boss, there a good cheapies out there to see if you like what they do.
Cheers
ian
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/24/20 01:49 AM
Hi sixchannel, Thanks for the review.

Since posting that link, I have been messing around with some effect pedals (Swamp Super Chorus, Marshall Regenerator, and a BBE Green Screamer), but none so far have produced the sounds I'm looking for. I think my next step will be a modelling amp, one that has about 20-30 different cabinets and multiple effects built-in.

Cheers,

Brian
Posted By: PeterF Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/24/20 02:01 AM
Sounds nice and a pleasant laid back tune.

Some good software modellers out there - and also some good hardware ones. Good luck choosing.

Peter
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/24/20 08:45 PM
Very pretty instrumental!! Nicely conceived and played!! ENjoyed a lot!! Take car.e Greg
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/25/20 07:00 PM
Very nice, reminded me somewhat of Stranger on the Shore by Acker Bilk. Good mellow music.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/26/20 06:51 PM
Laid back and lovely.

Nice chops and tone!

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/29/20 12:05 PM
Lovely song and some awesome playing well done. Guitar sounds great
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/29/20 07:35 PM
It was Acker Bilk who inspired me to take up the clarinet in '66. Didn't take me long to realise I was never going to make the instrument sound like he did. Switched to guitar in '67.
Posted By: MarioD Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/29/20 09:08 PM
WOW, you can make that LP talk! What a sweet sound, loved it.
You have some awesome chops.
Outstanding mix.
Posted By: furry Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/29/20 09:19 PM
Oh wow, lovely, almost magical sound to this one Brian. Shadows kinda feel to it. Loved every second
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/30/20 09:04 AM
Hello Brian ...

I love these slow and enchanting ballads. Guitar sounds great ... as does your playing. Yeah ... really nice!

Thank you for a really relaxing three minutes! Totally enjoyed it! Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/30/20 09:23 AM
To Marty, Ian, Peter, Greg, Tunemonger, Janice & Bud, Scott C, MarioD, and Graham,

Thanks to you all for listening to the track and for the positive feedback. It's very encouraging, especially when there have been
no concerts and applause is but a dim memory!

On a positive note, I'm getting bookings again for June and July -- very sparse, but it's a move in the right direction.

Stay safe all.

Brian.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: "Autumn Nights" (remix) - 05/30/20 10:31 AM
Ghostgum,
Pleasant arrangement, nice playing. Crisp sound and pleasant melody.
Liked it. Thank you for sharing,
Misha.
© PG Music Forums