PG Music Home
Posted By: RayL New! Rose Room - 05/21/20 10:34 AM
This song and its video took almost three months to make--I had to build the ukulele first!
You'll see that there is also a fair amount of customization, inlays, and abalone neck position markers.

It's an arrangement of the 1917 (public domain) tune 'Rose Room' that features 8 tracks of ukulele along with acoustic guitars and a bass.

Rose Room

The band is me playing lots of uke and guitar tracks, and a BIAB drummer:
RealDrums in Style: JazzBrushes: a: Brushes Swirling b: Brushes Busier
Posted By: Scott C Re: New! Rose Room - 05/22/20 03:47 PM
Very cool video and nice job with the ukulele. Very different way to develop a song. Well done
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New! Rose Room - 05/22/20 08:29 PM
Very rewarding building a musical instrument. I have built several kit guitars. Well done. Great tune as well. Rob4580
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: New! Rose Room - 05/22/20 11:50 PM
Ray,
Nice playing and video! It was fun watching building process in fast pace with accompaniment. Last week my wife started to learn couple of tunes on Uke. I have to show her your video, perhaps it will inspire her to play more smile

Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: New! Rose Room - 05/23/20 12:09 AM
First time a video took my attention away from the music. Really interesting. Playing was great, too!
Posted By: rayc Re: New! Rose Room - 05/23/20 08:57 AM
Nice recording - though there're quite a few bumps n taps through it. Excellent tools !
Posted By: RayL Re: New! Rose Room - 05/23/20 10:13 AM
Thanks, Rob.
It was really fun to build an instrument from the ground up. I really learned a lot about instrument maintenance and setup in the process, which was one of the goals.
Posted By: RayL Re: New! Rose Room - 05/23/20 10:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool video and nice job with the ukulele. Very different way to develop a song. Well done

Thanks, Scott.
I definitely cannot do this level of detail for every song! Building the instrument first is a lot of work. Props to all the luthiers out there.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: New! Rose Room - 05/23/20 04:04 PM
That's so cool, Ray! Great job on building the uke, playing it (sounds great), and what a cool video.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: New! Rose Room - 05/23/20 06:01 PM
Sounding great and what a video to finish it all off !!.

I'm impressed.

Thanks
Posted By: RayL Re: New! Rose Room - 05/24/20 09:34 AM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Sounding great and what a video to finish it all off !!.

I'm impressed.

Thanks

Thanks. I like putting video to instrumental tracks; it's like scoring a movie.
© PG Music Forums