PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 12:00 AM
Here a new song. Was playing with my favorite chords and this on popped up. This is more of a jam than a song. Was just sort of improvising against a repeating backtrack
Not sure why I called it a Blues song as started out with a cbalad style..
As I was mixing it kind of reminded me of the songs from the movie Young Guns.

Lazy Day Blues

Real Tracks:
1 - BB RealBass 366 Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
2 - BB RealDrums-NashvilleEven16^5-HiHat,Ride
3 - BB RealPiano 364 Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 065
4 - BB RealGuitar 368 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 065
5 - BB RealStrings 369 Pedal Steel, Background Ev 065

Guitars were Les Paul and a SG (slide)
Effects Eventide H9 (Delay) and JC Rockett Lenny and Archer
Amp Purdy (Fender DLX Clone)
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 01:02 AM
Nice. I hear Bad Company and Marshall Tucker Band style guitar playing. Lovely sound you are putting out there.
Posted By: rayc Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 05:38 AM
Some lovely tone from the guitar signal chain...that throaty sound you drop into every now and then is F.A.B. Scott!
Posted By: ROG Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 06:15 AM
Hi Scott,

Very atmospheric backing track and a fabulous tone on the guitar.
Some great phrasing - very expressive.

Nicely done.

ROG.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 09:17 AM
The only nit we have is that it is but three minutes long!

It is much more textured and nuanced than what we
consider a jam ... very melodic and even cinematic.

We enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 09:26 AM
I think I would call this more of an instrumental than a jam. But, whatever you want to call it, I like it!

Great tone, phrasing, and choice of notes. I also like the backing track you created, sets a nice mood.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 12:06 PM
A nice instrumental, Scott.

Enjoyed the listen.

fj
Posted By: musician17 Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 12:19 PM
Enjoyed it! Dreamy, contemplative writing to my ears. Wonderful.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 04:18 PM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Nice. I hear Bad Company and Marshall Tucker Band style guitar playing. Lovely sound you are putting out there.

Thank you for the kind works. Glad you like the song.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Some lovely tone from the guitar signal chain...that throaty sound you drop into every now and then is F.A.B. Scott!

Thanks rayc for checking out the song. This guitar has a very special character. It just had its forty-ith birthday. I was resurrected by a friend as it came to him in very bad condition. I was lucky that he had a weak moment and it came my way.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 04:41 PM
Hi Scott,

I think the title is just good. It's a relaxing instrumental with a very well played solo (and a lovely slide in it).
You performed well in this 'jam' of yours. But don't call it like that. It's a song!
Of course I prefer vocals in a song. I imagine a nice bariton voice will do.
But who cares; without it your song worked out wonderfull on a stressed mind (and even on a non-stressed mind )!

Hans
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 07:03 PM
Scott,

A very cool guitar duet ( the slide in a support role we don`t hear often from you). Love that change of tone at 1:50... then it gets quite Western in a spacey way.
Nice!

Robert
Posted By: PeterF Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 07:56 PM
Scott

Nicely done, pretty backing and inventive playing throughout including the whammy stuff, and a lovely tone.

Peter
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 07:58 PM
Well done Scott!! Brings me back to the 60's/70's where I like to stay!! Sweet and stylish!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/26/20 11:35 PM
I agree it has a very southern rock feel. Nice jam!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/29/20 12:11 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Scott,

Very atmospheric backing track and a fabulous tone on the guitar.
Some great phrasing - very expressive.

Nicely done.

ROG.

Thanks Rog for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The only nit we have is that it is but three minutes long!

It is much more textured and nuanced than what we
consider a jam ... very melodic and even cinematic.

We enjoyed it!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud. Thanks for the kind words. It did clip this one down a bit as it is a bit repetitive .

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I think I would call this more of an instrumental than a jam. But, whatever you want to call it, I like it!

Great tone, phrasing, and choice of notes. I also like the backing track you created, sets a nice mood.

Thanks Dave I have a few of these types of song that I play to each day. Always fiddling with the effects and amps. I can get carried away playing the same phrases so that why I kind of leaned towards a jam on this one
Posted By: edshaw Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/30/20 10:46 AM
Very nice, Scott. You are talking to us!
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/30/20 10:28 PM
Something in that progression almost had me singing "Can't you see, Can't you see What that woman's been doin' to me." I am one of those rare beings who has never seen Young Guns, so I'll take your word for it. This sings very, very nicely. My only beef--I was hoping for a longer fade. Don't get me wrong...I like the fact that it faded, but after all that angst building I just wanted a slower let-down. No worries, though. I'm just like that. Very much dug into this one.
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Lazy Day Blues - 05/30/20 11:02 PM
Nice tones. Very melodic.
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Lazy Day Blues - 06/01/20 12:51 AM
Hi Scott
Lovely guitar tone. Although there are no words, I found myself wanting to sing along, which leads me to agree with others that this is more than just a jam.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lazy Day Blues - 06/01/20 05:34 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A nice instrumental, Scott.

Enjoyed the listen.

fj

Thanks Floyd for checking out the song Glad you liked it
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lazy Day Blues - 06/01/20 08:29 PM
Scott, that is one sweet sounding axe! And you make it talk!

An outstanding instrumental.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Lazy Day Blues - 06/01/20 09:56 PM
Hi Scott, nice instrumental. I don't remember the Young Guns track although I have watched it a few times. Nevertheless a good theme for a modern western indeed.

Mike B.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lazy Day Blues - 06/03/20 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Scott,

A very cool guitar duet ( the slide in a support role we don`t hear often from you). Love that change of tone at 1:50... then it gets quite Western in a spacey way.
Nice!

Robert

Thanks Robert. Getting a little more confident with the slide. Glad you liked the song
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lazy Day Blues - 06/03/20 04:03 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
Enjoyed it! Dreamy, contemplative writing to my ears. Wonderful.

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Scott,

I think the title is just good. It's a relaxing instrumental with a very well played solo (and a lovely slide in it).
You performed well in this 'jam' of yours. But don't call it like that. It's a song!
Of course I prefer vocals in a song. I imagine a nice bariton voice will do.
But who cares; without it your song worked out wonderfull on a stressed mind (and even on a non-stressed mind )!

Hans

Thanks Hans for checking out the song. Will have a chat with Robert to see if it has potential for a lyric. Glad you liked the song. Your comments are very much appreciated

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott

Nicely done, pretty backing and inventive playing throughout including the whammy stuff, and a lovely tone.

Peter

Thanks Peter glad you liked the song.

Ah the 60's and 70's were such an awesome time. If find my thoughts go back there quite often. Glad you liked the song
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Lazy Day Blues - 06/03/20 09:47 PM
Scott - Very nicely done. Super smooth and expressive guitar. Those slides really enhanced it too. I'm definitely getting some Kansas vibes in there at different points, and also some Bon Jovi influence. The only thing I can add is that I wish it were mixed a bit louder and up front, but it could just be these cheap headphones I'm using at the moment. Regardless, it flows like melted butter.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lazy Day Blues - 06/04/20 11:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
I agree it has a very southern rock feel. Nice jam!

Thanks Donna for checking out the song I appreciate it. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Very nice, Scott. You are talking to us!

Thanks Ed Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Something in that progression almost had me singing "Can't you see, Can't you see What that woman's been doin' to me." I am one of those rare beings who has never seen Young Guns, so I'll take your word for it. This sings very, very nicely. My only beef--I was hoping for a longer fade. Don't get me wrong...I like the fact that it faded, but after all that angst building I just wanted a slower let-down. No worries, though. I'm just like that. Very much dug into this one.

Thanks for checking out the song. Would love to have a vocal and lyric created for the song. This song is actually much longer. This is in my regular play rotation. I clipped it down as sometimes if the instrumentals go past 3 mins they can be tiring with the repetition. Glad you liked it.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Lazy Day Blues - 06/04/20 03:48 PM

Hello Scott C

Very soft instrumental composition creating a relaxing atmosphere.Pleasant to listen to and well built.

Friendly Dero13
© PG Music Forums