PG Music Home
Posted By: John Douglas I wonder - 06/04/20 07:34 AM
I wrote this song many years ago and am currently rewriting the track but i cant remember which BIAB style I used for the piano. does anyone recognise it? https://www.reverbnation.com/johndouglasuk/song/22256752-i-wonder
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I wonder - 06/04/20 10:38 AM
John,

A nice song. A good arrangement. Your vocals are really nice.

That piano does not sound like it is one of the BIAB RealTack pianos, so I'm guessing you used an older BIAB style - which were all MIDI??
If that is the case, it is unlikely that many current users would have run across it, since most have been using RealTrack for a decade or more. So it is fairly easy to recognize the RealTarack Pianos (for those who use BIAB a lot), but the older styles would not be used enough to be familiar with them...just a guess, of course.

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: I wonder - 06/04/20 11:53 AM
Cool tune. Super vocal.
Posted By: ROG Re: I wonder - 06/04/20 12:17 PM
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum and what looks like your first venture onto the Showcase.

And a great track to kick off with. Nice choice of instruments and an excellent
mix with everything working together well. Super arrangement - I liked the drop
at around 2.00 and the build-up again.

Excellent vocals, too. Enjoyed the whole thing.

ROG.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: I wonder - 06/04/20 04:19 PM
John,

First off, welcome to the BIAB forum. It’s a great place to share music and showcase your tunes, and, of course, this wonderful software.

The song is really strong, as is your vocal. Compelling chorus; really like the drum work on this one as well. And the lead solo is very cool. Super tune—enjoyed it!

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: John Douglas Re: I wonder - 06/05/20 05:26 AM
Hi fj

gonna struggle to find that style methinks.I'm guessing i'm gonna have to get a player in and do it for real. Thank you for the kind comments about the song JD
Posted By: John Douglas Re: I wonder - 06/05/20 05:34 AM
thanks guys for your comments and advice...a real pianist is probably the answer eh?

It was worth an ask, someone may have said " Oh that's style such and such " and bang job done. i used biab and then converted to midifile and used my cubase plug in sounds, didnt have a les paul to play solo so used my takamine and drove it hard with cubase drive !! I have a les paul now!! Drums were stienberg virtual drummer version 1.

cheers
JD
https://www.facebook.com/johndouglas.uk
Posted By: TexasFrets Re: I wonder - 06/05/20 05:55 AM
Lovely song. Great singing. I like that piano style, but I don't recognize it.
Posted By: rayc Re: I wonder - 06/05/20 07:13 AM
If you have the midi file you can use a current BIAB MIDI piano easily enough.
Good song. Sounds like a cool New Wave era Nick Lowe voice and some aspects of the song, the less countrified, sound that way too.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: I wonder - 06/05/20 07:21 AM
Great driving beat from the first note.

A lot like to like about this, innovation has been delivered with a great set of lyrics.

I'm afraid I don't instantly recognize the piano style that has been used. It's a little "Bruce Hornsby" style. Does that help at all?
Posted By: Birchwood Re: I wonder - 06/05/20 12:01 PM
Hello John,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you will enjoy it.
And what an entrance you made with this song. Wow!!!
Strong composition, nice melody and a very nice vocals!

You said it was an old song, but did you played/ sang it again now, for us?
Or is this also your 'old' voice?

And the piano? It sounded ok to me, but in BiaB or your Daw you find all the chords of the song (if you don't have them anymore). In BiaB you can put a RT-piano in.

I am very interested in your next -new- song,
Hans
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: I wonder - 06/06/20 12:23 PM
A few things. First of all this is top notch production and arrangement. When I heard all that space in the first section, I knew I was listening to something on a different level. Vocals are super strong and clear. I could go on ... One thing I have to add is that the chorus didn't go where I thought it would - I would have taken it in a completely different direction, but that's just me. It's really solid, though, and it works.

Regarding the Piano style, I don't recognize it offhand, but I am steadily working my way through all of the styles in the UltraPak and I'm in the older MIDI ones now, so if I come across one that seems close I'll let you know. Just off the top of my head though, it sounds like it could be in the Country (sort of obvious) or even Gospel/Praise styles.
Posted By: John Douglas Re: I wonder - 06/06/20 01:44 PM
Hey everyone thanks for all your comments and ideas on finding that piano style. I think with the new version I will have to get a real player over and get him / her to play the part.I'll upload a new song soon for your comments, my love to you all JD

find me on fb https://www.facebook.com/johndouglas.uk
Posted By: John Douglas Re: I wonder - 06/06/20 01:50 PM
Hi Hans
this is my old voice from years ago my friend. New song soon.
Posted By: Al-David Re: I wonder - 06/06/20 03:19 PM
Hello John ...

Welcome to the Forum. This is a really terrific intro to your music! Top notch song with some really nice singing. I really enjoyed your vocal delivery ... really, really nice! The mix is very nicely done. None of the backing tracks step on another ... everything has it's own place/space. Personally, I would have brought the drums a little more forward in the mix ... not too much, just a bit. But it sounds real nice as is, though.

That was a super listen! Thanks for the listening pleasure!!! best t o you. Be safe ...

Alan

PS: I liked the ending!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: I wonder - 06/06/20 04:04 PM
John,

Very good arrangement and vocals! Mature production. Listens very well.
Would be interesting to hear re-done version. Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: MarioD Re: I wonder - 06/06/20 09:10 PM
Excellent first post! Everything here is perfect. Very good vocal and mix.

I really liked this.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: I wonder - 06/07/20 12:23 AM
Wow, this is great on every level. Wish I could get my stuff to turn out like this. Great job!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: I wonder - 06/14/20 05:44 PM
This is really good!!! So well written, arranged, and produced!! Some great lines in the song!! And the vocals are excellent!! A WINNER!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: musician17 Re: I wonder - 06/14/20 06:18 PM
Great song! Excellent vocals - it all sounds great - well done.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: I wonder - 07/15/20 10:02 PM
You are truly good singer - really like the vocal performance on this track.

I hope you will share more music with us soon!
Will
© PG Music Forums