PG Music Home
Posted By: Tiger Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/07/20 04:43 PM
I posted this song earlier, and got some positive and useful feedback from the likes of musician17, Rustyspoon#, Floyd jane, rob4580, dcuny, Robertkc, Janice & Bud, rayc, Birchwood, Deej56 and MarioD. Thanks very much to all. Your encouragement and specific criticisms were helpful.

I have incorporated your mixing suggestions and slowed down the tempo a bit, to allow me to sing and articulate a little more clearly.

Once while driving in winter, and looking at the snow-covered trees, the opening line "Well those bare sweet trees aren't cold at all" came to me. I pulled over and made a quick note, came home, and wrote the first sketch of the song. After that, I went looking for a musical style that made sense to me.

This track has been in and out of BIAB a number of times. I was unsuccessful at first in finding a style I liked, so I left. Then once the chords were fully developed elsewhere, I came back to BIAB and created the song again, and auditioned more styles and settled on HORA_B, and used the drums and bass, guitar and piano to build a bossa nova feel. Later, I found the guitar didn't work with the synth rhythms that I had written. I tried the Freddie Green guitar but eventually changed to a "manilow" guitar. The work was finished in Mixcraft 9.

There is a link to the song on SoundCloud, as well as a link to a Youtube lyric video.

It is always a pleasure to hear from this community. .

Leafy Green on Soundcloud

Glenn Polin

https://youtu.be/h74z43lKvoM
Posted By: furry Re: Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/13/20 12:09 AM
This song deserves more people listening. You've got a fabulous ballad voice. Love the lyrics, melody, choice of backing. All fits together perfectly. Well done Glenn
Posted By: Tiger Re: Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/13/20 12:42 PM
Originally Posted By: furry
This song deserves more people listening. You've got a fabulous ballad voice. Love the lyrics, melody, choice of backing. All fits together perfectly. Well done Glenn
Graham, thanks so much for your kind words. I just went to Youtube and listened to some of your videos. I love the way you are playing synths and such from your accordion keyboard? Thanks so much for listening.
Glenn
Posted By: TexasFrets Re: Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/13/20 02:12 PM
This is really super. Glenn. I love your voice. Enjoyable listen. Nice mix.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/14/20 01:24 PM
Cool vocal. Well done
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/16/20 05:42 PM
Sounds good!

J&B
Posted By: Tiger Re: Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/17/20 11:11 AM
Originally Posted By: TexasFrets
This is really super. Glenn. I love your voice. Enjoyable listen. Nice mix.
Appreciate you telling me how much you liked it. Makes my day!

Glenn
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/17/20 07:51 PM
This would've fit in fine on The Secret Life of Plants. I really liked it, and I liked your personification of plants on this.
Posted By: Tiger Re: Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/20/20 07:30 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
This would've fit in fine on The Secret Life of Plants. I really liked it, and I liked your personification of plants on this.
As you can imagine, I read that book many years ago, and it had a big effect on me. Thanks for listening and commenting. I am very appreciative.

Stay safe and well!

Glenn
Posted By: Tiger Re: Leafy Green at a slower tempo - 06/20/20 07:31 AM
Thanks to Scott C and Janice and Bud for their nice words!

Glenn
© PG Music Forums