PG Music Home
Just something I felt like doing tonight ... NOT an original song, I've tried for much of today (Saturday) to write something new, with no luck whatsoever by way of inspiration. So ... here's an arrangement of J.S. Bach's Prelude No. 1 for Solo Piano - arranged in (according to Band-in-a-Box's memo) an Americana Ballad style - instead.

Thank you BIAB for providing us with all these priceless arrangement styles ... and I hope you enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/jamesdelsono/bach-prelude-in-c

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Bach - Prelude in C - 13 June 2020
File:Bach - Prelude in C - 13 June 2020 - 3.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 60, Length (m:s)=2:32
No intro. 34 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 34. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _APPLES.STY (Apples Even-16 Americana Ballad)

RealTracks in style: 2877:Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 3101:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsMike Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 3159:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsBrentFX Ev16 060
RealDrums [in style:AmericanaRoots16th^01-a:Toms, b:Snare

Lovely song
That is a very pleasant listen, James
Thanks Scott and floyd. The credit goes to Bach, of course :-)
Nice touch on the Master's work. Beautiful and fitting BIAB instrumentation.
This worked pretty good I thought, nice arrangement!
Beautiful. Nice arrangement!

...Deb
You and that Bach guy did good! Nice collab.
Is he on the forum? smile

The arrangement is very relaxing and engaging.

Well done!

J&B
Terrific arrangement, James!

A lot of modern musicians don't give Bach enough credit. Steve, the dev behind Serum and Cthulhu isn't one of them. He includes the chord progressions from well over 100 Bach chorales with Cthulhu.

BTW, they're all public domain!
WOW, There'd have been some effort entering the progression for this...an interesting modern interpretation of the orchestra...just needs an instrument playing the melody up front.
James you're a true musician, that was amazing pal
Thanks everybody - way too kind, but I'll take it, of course - thank you.
James,

I like this—very serene and easy on the ears. Good arrangement and production. That Bach guy was pretty good, and you do him justice here! Well done!

All my best,

Deej
James.
That`s a nice chord progression ( hands up- I wouldn`t be the one to identify the guy who wrote it!);I like the Americana interpretation ...and if you add lyrics and voice to bring out the melody, who would know its not an original ballad!

Robert
Good one, James. Concept and execution ++
Hi James ...

A beautiful interpretation and presentation on this classic. You have a special touch with these serene instrumentals. That was a most enjoyable listen! Thanks for the calming aura.

Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan
© PG Music Forums