PG Music Home
Hello forum friends. Have not been around too much lately but I love to drop in and hear what's happening.......lots of great stuff!! This is a song about deep longing for someone that is no longer there. Hope you don't find it too depressing in these difficult times. Would love to know what you think. I don't always get around to responding to comments but I always read them, and always appreciate them! Take care all. Greg

I got a new computer and inadvertently created a new Soundcloud account. I will have to go to their support and try to get this song put on that account. It is hard enough to accumulate some listeners....don't want to lose them that easily!

https://soundcloud.com/user-93866372/themoonjustseemstoknow

The Moon Just Seems to Know

At night
I hear the cold wind blow
And somewhere deep inside my heart
I can feel the echo

In the midnight glow
I hear those wind chimes ring
The soft and lonely sound
Of the hollow song they sing

And now that you have gone
I'm drowning in lonliness
Aching for your sweet caress
The hunger lingers on
I try to hide my pain
And no let the heartache show
But I'm haunted by you once again
The wind just seems to know
The wind just seems to know

I see the moon
So distant and so cold
Who knows just how he sees this world
The secrets that he holds

His somber glow
Lord, it feels so strange
For, once he seemed a guardian
Now his mood has changed

And now that you have gone
I'm drowning in lonliness
Aching for your sweet caress
The hunger lingers on
I try to hide my pain
And no let the heartache show
But I'm haunted by you once again
The moon just seems to know
The moon just seems to know
This is just so nice, Greg! Sad, yet tender. I enjoyed the minimal number of backing tracks. Exactly enough with no overkill. A wonderful lyric wrapped in a heartfelt, emotion arrangement. I also like that you end the choruses, and the song, by going to the minor 6 chord rather than resolving to the tonic. It adds an extra touch of sadness that the song endears. Loved it!

Best to you and yours. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: rayc Re: NEW SONG POST: The Moon Just Seems to Know - 06/15/20 07:12 AM
Lovely intimate vocal with nary a errant noise.
WONDERFUL capture.
Lovely, lovely song.
Man, I'm not going to even try and analyse this, it would cheapen it somehow.

Simply sublime!
Beautiful! It reminds me of some of Sting's best work. Well done!
Really well produced Greg, and a little different form your usual material, but nonetheless absolutely enjoyable.

Frankly, you've demonstrated another dimension to your talents. Big vocal range, provided with lots of precision.

This song encompasses remarkable lyrics, encapsulated in a really well delivered performance.
BE.A.U.TI.FUL!!!

This is as good as it gets.

Adele and Celine Dion should be fighting over who gets to record this. IF Barbara Streisand would let them have a chance at it first...

Yesterday, we were listening to some Judy Collins... "Send In The Clowns" and "The Moon's A Harsh Mistress". This stands up to either of those. You mentioned Dianne Warren in your review of my current post. She can't even touch this. Not even close.

Songwriting at its very best.

Your vocal and your production of it are every bit a match for the song quality. GORGEOUS. WOW.

YOU should be a HUGE star. This should be a HUGE hit. Oscar should be calling..

fj
Fantastic ballad. Lovely. Beautiful (and sad) lyrics. A+ hook line "The moon just seems to know". I like it!
Greg,
A lovely song that sounds like a great movie ballad. The simple arrangement works well and your vocals ( performance and processing) are up there with your best.
Very well done!

Robert
Really well done song - very beautiful indeed! Thanks a lot for sharing, Greg!

Will
Posted By: furry Re: NEW SONG POST: The Moon Just Seems to Know - 06/15/20 10:20 PM
Greg this is really beautiful. You've got an amazing voice and this song is just perfect. LOVED EVERY BIT OF THIS ! Well done
Floyd mentioned Babs, Adele, and Celine... I was thinking the same thing as I was listening.

Well written and recorded.

Bravo!
Greg

Another outstanding composition and performance.

Peter
Greg your vocal shines on this. Wickedly great sounding, the music is perfectly blended, mixed, etc. This is a top notch song!!! Cliff
Wow such an incredible song. Your vocals amaze me. Everything just stops and the song takes over. Just awesome.
Posted By: Leon1 Re: NEW SONG POST: The Moon Just Seems to Know - 06/17/20 02:21 AM
A lovely song, Greg, and beautifully sung.
Regards,
Leon
Great song and vocals as usual! Love the line "The moon just seems to know." I heard more than a nod to Autumn Leaves, which is a good thing in my book. As many have said, you deserve greater recognition.
Beautiful song. Very nice vocals. Your voice really suits the song.
Greg,

First off, a really strong write, but, second, one of your strongest vocals—really outstanding. A soft, sad and hauntingly beautiful song. I think musician17 has this just right—sounds like a Sting song. He would do it very well, I’m sure . . . but you just slay it. In every way, outstanding!

My humble regards,

Deej
An enchanting vocal and melody with the perfect
minimalist backing...very nice piano.

Janice mentioned she was reminded of 1960's movie
ballads.

Sad indeed but a lovely production.

J&B
Wow.
Wow, Greg - this song is fantastic. I really liked the comment from Dave about the chord progression, but I also totally agree with Dave about not analyzing it. This song is poignant, lyrical, and melancholy, and absolutely beautiful. I could totally imagine hearing this song being played on TV, or radio, or in a movie.

Bravo!
Nice one Greg , ballads are definitely your thing, nice lyrics and heart felt singing Just Beuutiiffull !!
Greg,
Congrats on this amazing piece of music! Beautiful. Enjoyed it very much. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
A good melancholy ballad touches me, big sadness in the lyrics, chording and the melody. Your voice has always sounded great, but now there is even an extra bit of breaking vulnerability. From the title to the mellow arrangement, every part has found its position in this beautiful perfect work of art.

Janne
Originally Posted By: Al-David
This is just so nice, Greg! Sad, yet tender. I enjoyed the minimal number of backing tracks. Exactly enough with no overkill. A wonderful lyric wrapped in a heartfelt, emotion arrangement. I also like that you end the choruses, and the song, by going to the minor 6 chord rather than resolving to the tonic. It adds an extra touch of sadness that the song endears. Loved it!

Best to you and yours. Be safe ...

Alan

Thanks so much Alan for that wonderful review! Loving your instrumentals lately.....I should say still!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: rayc
Lovely intimate vocal with nary a errant noise.
WONDERFUL capture.
Lovely, lovely song.

Thanks Ray!! Enjoyed hearing your new rocker (instrumental so far) this morning! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, I'm not going to even try and analyse this, it would cheapen it somehow.

Simply sublime!

Thanks Dave! That is a wonderful compliment! Always love hearing your stuff!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: musician17
Beautiful! It reminds me of some of Sting's best work. Well done!

Thanks so much James!! I'm a huge Sting fan, so that is as high a compliment as I can get in my book!! Take care. Greg
Greg,

Nice Song! Very beautiful.
It reminds me of "The shadow of Your Smile" in some way.
Your vocal fits this perfectly.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Really well produced Greg, and a little different form your usual material, but nonetheless absolutely enjoyable.

Frankly, you've demonstrated another dimension to your talents. Big vocal range, provided with lots of precision.

This song encompasses remarkable lyrics, encapsulated in a really well delivered performance.

Thanks so much Trevor! Love you new one!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
BE.A.U.TI.FUL!!!

This is as good as it gets.

Adele and Celine Dion should be fighting over who gets to record this. IF Barbara Streisand would let them have a chance at it first...

Yesterday, we were listening to some Judy Collins... "Send In The Clowns" and "The Moon's A Harsh Mistress". This stands up to either of those. You mentioned Dianne Warren in your review of my current post. She can't even touch this. Not even close.

Songwriting at its very best.

Your vocal and your production of it are every bit a match for the song quality. GORGEOUS. WOW.

YOU should be a HUGE star. This should be a HUGE hit. Oscar should be calling..

fj

WOW! Thanks so much my friend!! I'm tempted to print this review and put it on my studio wall for inspirations!! Many, many thanks!! Take care. Greg
Hi Greg,

Beautiful sang! And what nice song it is. I'm impressed!
Don't know what to say more, considering all what's been said here.

Take care,
Hans
I really enjoyed this track, and I agree with the other commentors that the sparse track backing fit perfectly with your theme, the melody, and the feel.

But I was mostly concentrating on the singability of your lyric:

Lots of open "O" sounds in the lyric--blow, echo.know, lonliness, show, so cold---perfect choices for your mellow voice and for capturing the feel. And I love your choice of matching the first line ending ("gone") with a second line ending that is kind of a clever rhyme scheme--"lonliness", so the rhyme isn't on the last syllable, or using "echo"--emphasis on the first syllable, but the rhyme on the second syllable. This is getting kind of deep into lyric construction, but I'm guessing you realized this when you made your choices.
What a lovely song Greg! The haunting melody fits the lyrics so well! Your vocals are absolutely stellar!! Great work! Thanks, T
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Fantastic ballad. Lovely. Beautiful (and sad) lyrics. A+ hook line "The moon just seems to know". I like it!

Thanks so much for your support and kind words! Much appreciated!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Greg,
A lovely song that sounds like a great movie ballad. The simple arrangement works well and your vocals ( performance and processing) are up there with your best.
Very well done!

Robert

Thanks so much Robert! Always enjoy your stuff!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Really well done song - very beautiful indeed! Thanks a lot for sharing, Greg!

Will

Thanks for your kind words Will! Much appreciated!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: furry
Greg this is really beautiful. You've got an amazing voice and this song is just perfect. LOVED EVERY BIT OF THIS ! Well done

Thanks so much Graham! Really appreciate your very kind words!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Floyd mentioned Babs, Adele, and Celine... I was thinking the same thing as I was listening.

Well written and recorded.

Bravo!

Really appreciate that Herb! Love your latest!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Greg

Another outstanding composition and performance.

Peter

Thanks so much Peter! Always enjoy hearing your collars with Leon and J and B!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: cliftond
Greg your vocal shines on this. Wickedly great sounding, the music is perfectly blended, mixed, etc. This is a top notch song!!! Cliff

Thanks so much for your kind words Cliff! Enjoy your stuff too! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow such an incredible song. Your vocals amaze me. Everything just stops and the song takes over. Just awesome.

Thanks so much Scott!! Much appreciated! Love your playing! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums