PG Music Home
Posted By: wrayer Unknown Factors - 06/25/20 06:07 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user3562166/unknown-factors

I wrote this today just to experiment with a chord progression I created to see how it sounded. I used the RENDEVUE.STY with the tempo set to 85. It was sent as wave files to my Cakewalk DAW. I created the melodic line in Finale and transported the melody midi to Cakewalk and added it to the BiaB backup band. Use it for your quiet times.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Unknown Factors - 06/25/20 07:44 PM
Hi Wrayer. I would say that your experiment worked.
Think would go well as a movie score.
Well done. Rob4580
Posted By: wrayer Re: Unknown Factors - 06/27/20 09:25 AM
Thanks Rob4580 for the comment. When they start making movies again, I'll think about it...;-)
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Unknown Factors - 06/27/20 06:43 PM
Kudos to you for experimenting with chord progressions! I find that they don’t always work out, but often times you can get the most interesting results out of experimenting like this, as you clearly have.
Posted By: wrayer Re: Unknown Factors - 06/30/20 12:16 AM
Thanks, it was a fun project.

I have gone even further and taken this BiaB project and orchestrated it for a live orchestra. If I could I would post it here for all to hear.

Best wishes and stay safe,
Bill
Posted By: PeterF Re: Unknown Factors - 06/30/20 02:13 AM
Interesting chord progression and very soothing backing.

Nicely done.

Peter
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Unknown Factors - 06/30/20 09:06 AM
An interesting and eclectic choice of chord progressions.

Experimentation like this can often be rewarding.
Posted By: wrayer Re: Unknown Factors - 07/01/20 10:29 AM
Thanks All! This was little piece was just my way of note taking for a complete orchestral version. Since the orchestral version's only connection to BiaB is the fact I used the BiaB study to give me an idea of how it would sound. The orchestral version uses no BiaB instrumentation, so I have not uploaded it to this board. I called the orchestral version: The Dream of Freedom.
Posted By: wrayer Re: Unknown Factors - 07/05/20 09:58 AM
For those that would like to hear how I used my BiaB experiment called "Unknown Factors" to create an orchestral piece. You can go here to hear the orchestral development of Unknown Factors. I entitled the piece "The Dream of Freedom"
https://soundcloud.com/user3562166/the-dream-of-freedom

Enjoy!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Unknown Factors - 07/05/20 08:28 PM
William, I find that experimenting with chord progressions in BiaB one of the most important things I can do with BiaB.

I'd say your experimentation is a huge success! This song is perfect for a movie.

I liked this very much.
Posted By: wrayer Re: Unknown Factors - 07/07/20 09:31 AM
Thank you Mario, it was a fun and rewarding project.
© PG Music Forums