PG Music Home
Posted By: toucher DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU - 06/25/20 11:39 PM
Hi all,

Been away for quite a while from the forum and found some time to check in. While I was out of touch I did some writing so I thought I'd post it mostly just as a creative outlet. Would love any feedback, although I must apologize for the lack of info. It was composed in BIAB with all real tracks, Edited in Real band, RealBand effects such as compression, eq etc. Vocals by yours truly. An old style country ballad, that seems to be going out of style these days.

Hope you like it;

http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/27431516?fbclid=IwAR3jLYHQPOyMBNnVjDpbmb7eIOTjMIDZHcxeiw0LWrBZoghqt-EC-UWDMDI
Posted By: DrDan Re: DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU - 06/26/20 10:01 AM
This is really nice. However, I struggled to "hear" the lyrics. Could be just me since my ears are pretty shot, but I was thinking you need to record the vocals to cut-through the mix (on top of the mix) a little more. Or would have been nice to read along with the song.

Arizona in the news this morning. Hope you are staying well and for God sake ware your mask. grin
Posted By: Strummer911 Re: DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU - 06/26/20 11:43 AM
I like the song, it reminds me of Don Williams. The highlight for me was the guitar accents between the vocal lines. What did you use for that?
Posted By: Tano Music Re: DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU - 06/27/20 09:39 AM
I'm a big fan of the "repeating" lyric lines ("I don't need to..etc"). And I especially like the "hook" ..."but I do."

I think the between-line doodlings could be cut back a bit...I don't feel like you need that additional "color" to carry the song. Vocal was really nice; pace and meter of the song was spot-on. I enjoyed it overall.

I vote for posting the lyric with the song..makes it easy to follow along and consider the lyric construction.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU - 06/27/20 01:16 PM
Man, I really like a good mandolin, and you've placed this one so tastefully, Robert. Wonderful song, and well presented.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU - 06/27/20 10:34 PM
Great song and vocal, loved the mandolin, excellent work here!
Posted By: rayc Re: DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU - 06/28/20 02:57 AM
A little more vocal level, (I choked as I typed that), a little less of the between line filler and you're good to go.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU - 06/28/20 06:48 AM
Lot's about this this song are memorable. Perhaps consider bringing the vocals a tiny bit more in front. Notwithstanding, this is very likable. Well delivered.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU - 07/01/20 09:28 PM
Well done!! Love the title and the concept for the song, and you pulled it off very well!! Great feeling in the vocal!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums