PG Music Home
Posted By: RayL Godzilla, King Kong, and that shark from Jaws - 06/28/20 11:31 AM
Right. None of them played on this new song.
But while you're here, listen to this new one.
This one is in 3/4 at 175bpm, with some bars of 5/4 at the transitions to keep everyone on their toes...
The guitars are an L5 archtop and an ES-335.

Three Or More

It features the fabulous Jerry Kovarsky on organ and Jay Davidson on tenor sax. Jerry has worked for Korg, Ensoniq, and Casio, and is a frequent contributor to the pro audio press. Jay has played live with Whitney Houston, the Motown Funk Brothers, Brit Floyd, and Steve Winwood.

RealTracks include:
~2321:Bass, Acoustic, JazzWaltzRonWalking Sw 140
JazzWaltzLewis^01-a:Brushes, Snare , b:Brushes, Busy Snare
Very cool tune!
Strong composition and excellent playing! While they are not direct participants, I am sure, the shark is smiling while Godzilla and Kong waltzing to it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
The sax is strong and carries the melody really well.
Nice.
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Very cool tune!
Strong composition and excellent playing! While they are not direct participants, I am sure, the shark is smiling while Godzilla and Kong waltzing to it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks Misha. Yes, Godzilla, King Kong and the shark were there for moral support and the occasional banjo part. Their dancing was a bit clumsy because of the 5/4 bars I put in there just to mess them up.
Thanks for all the support.

Here's a recent article from Jerry, the organist on the Yamaha website -

The Well-Rounded Keyboardist
Nice..... Loved that clean octave guitar right out of the gate.

Top quality stuff right there.... and the 5/4 kinda throws it a slight progressive jazz curve...... nicely done.
© PG Music Forums