PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/04/20 06:45 PM
Time Passes
(c) 2020 B. Merritt/J. Merritt/P. Fulham

Decades ago one of Bud's bandmates was fond of saying “time passes and things change.” This is a bit of a tribute to him.

Thanks to Peter for the great guitar tracks!

Your time to listen and comment is much appreciated.

Be safe.

Janice: Vocals, melody and arrangement
Rodes NT1 > Scarlett 212 > Logic Pro X > Nectar 2 / BGV Waves CLA Vocals

Peter: Guitars - acoustic Intro/fills & electric solos

Bud: engineering, mixing, mastering, lyric, photo, etc.

Drums: RD NashvilleBrushesCountryPop
Waves CLA Drums

Bass: RT 2877 Acoustic, AmericanaSlow
Waves Bass Rider > Neutron 3

Piano:
MIDI SuperTrack 1809 Piano, Rhythm CountryBalladJohn
MIDI SuperTrack 2099 Piano, Rhythm PopModernGrooveHeld
Logic Pro X Steinway Grand > Waves CLA Unplugged

Rhythm Guitar:
RT 1680 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking
RT 1680 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking Held
Waves CLA Unplugged

Mastering: Ozone 9 EQ > Ozone 9 Imager > Ozone 9 Maximizer
> Logic Pro X Loudness Meter > Ozone 9 Tonal Balance

Lyric on SC
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/04/20 07:16 PM
I signed in for a very short time; but gave this a listen. It's strange to have a certain expectation, when you see the names that are listed, and think "Well, this will be great." The reason it's strange for me is, I have an expectation; yet it's a new take on that expectation. Every song a familiar place I have never been before. smile

MANY more accolades are deserving. You know me, I would right a book. I have time for a sentence today. Sorry for that.

Thanks for sharing this! I hope all is well with all of you!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/04/20 08:36 PM
A wonderful listen!!! Listening to Peter's guitar and Janice's voice, it's hard not to be impressed and moved!! Really lovely stuff!! I'm getting to the age where I wish time would pass a little more slowly! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/04/20 08:37 PM
J&B/Peter, this song for some reason has a much different feel than much of your other work! Janice's vocal brings it back into familiar territory but the backtrack has almost almost a Southern rock ballad sound to it! Especially when you factor in Peters guitar sound with a dryer tone than usual which suits this well! His solo puts me in me of some early Rod Stewart work (You Wear It Well). Great write and production! Thanks, T
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/05/20 09:40 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I signed in for a very short time; but gave this a listen. It's strange to have a certain expectation, when you see the names that are listed, and think "Well, this will be great." The reason it's strange for me is, I have an expectation; yet it's a new take on that expectation. Every song a familiar place I have never been before. smile

MANY more accolades are deserving. You know me, I would right a book. I have time for a sentence today. Sorry for that.

Great to hear from you and we hope you and family are well.

Thank you for the kind words.

“ Every song a familiar place I have never been before. :)”

Now that’s worthy of being a song line. Hmmmmm....

Be safe!

J&B
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/05/20 08:28 PM
A lovely, reflective song, with a great vocal by Janice, as always. Peter's fills and solo fit the mood perfectly. Another fine job by all.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/06/20 12:35 AM
Your unique and highly anticipated signature shines again through this ballad.

I particularly liked the vocal harmonies and backing vocals, really enjoyable, and gave depth.

Well done.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/06/20 09:54 AM
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter,

A beautiful song in all its facets; the composition, lyrics, vocals and band. But you are most likely, used to those qualifications.
All your songs are. But this song is so more personal and that is what you (I) hear in the way you sing it and play it.
'Time passes, things change', I rewrote it a bit: Time may pass, but you stay!
That's all I can say (rhymes too, but doesn't belong to theformer line). Nice song, nice thoughts and well brought.
Maybe, just maybe... a tiny pedal steel in it?

Stay safe there,
Hans
Posted By: Scott C Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/06/20 12:21 PM
What a lovely song and message in the lyric. Beautiful vocal Janice. Peters guitar in the background was so delicate and complimentary. I am so glad you included the equipment specifications Bud uses to mix and produce your songs. I taking a deep diving into the mixing world and this is very useful for me. Your mixes as always so clear and so easy to pick out each individual instrument in the song but blended so tastefully.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/06/20 02:41 PM
Beautiful! Simply beautiful. Just the right amount of melancholy, just the right amount of hope within that melancholic sound, too. Wistful and a masterful achievement. I loved it - thank you.
Posted By: rayc Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/07/20 03:13 AM
This gives me a sense of the Rita Coolidge and other stuff happening around the Mad Dog's tour...not the swirling in the centre but the calm, gentle pretty stuff that ached for Woodstock's forest cabins and searched for Bonnie & Delaney's spirit.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/07/20 09:28 AM
Heard this when you first uploaded to SC a while back. Loved it then and love it now!

Everything about this works, from Peters guitar work (perfect) to Janice's vocal (especially like what she did for the BG vox) to the write, the arrangement, and the mix.

This is right up there with your best and is very, very good indeed!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/07/20 11:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A wonderful listen!!! Listening to Peter's guitar and Janice's voice, it's hard not to be impressed and moved!! Really lovely stuff!! I'm getting to the age where I wish time would pass a little more slowly! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg it's always a pleasure to be invited in on these songs.

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/08/20 11:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Thanks Greg, I (Bud) feel that Peter and Janice work together well also. We appreciate you listening and commenting.

J&B
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/08/20 11:57 AM
Beautiful and stately, in a melancholy way. Fantastic vocal and arrangement. ++Guitar work. Loved it!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/08/20 03:25 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
This gives me a sense of the Rita Coolidge and other stuff happening around the Mad Dog's tour...not the swirling in the centre but the calm, gentle pretty stuff that ached for Woodstock's forest cabins and searched for Bonnie & Delaney's spirit.

I dig ray's comment on this! Nail-on-the-head.

Excellence abounds.

A good write - lyric and melody. It has the comforting sound and message that a good "graveside song" has. A musical eulogy.

The BAND sounds great (of course). Peter's guitar fits perfectly (of course).

Janice sings like an angel (of course).

Excellent mix (of course).

Of course.

smile

fj
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/08/20 10:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B/Peter, this song for some reason has a much different feel than much of your other work! Janice's vocal brings it back into familiar territory but the backtrack has almost almost a Southern rock ballad sound to it! Especially when you factor in Peters guitar sound with a dryer tone than usual which suits this well! His solo puts me in me of some early Rod Stewart work (You Wear It Well). Great write and production! Thanks, T

Thanks Torrey. Yes, it was somewhat experimental and we are happy you like it!

J&B
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/08/20 11:37 PM
Lovely ballad, touching sentiments. Great vocals and lyrics. Electric guitar sounds wonderful. The band isn't too bad either. Good one.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/09/20 09:20 AM
For me, this is simply one of your best. I like everything about it. Peter's guitar is tasteful and the perfect tone for the song. Vocals, harmonies are spot on. And Bud, you must have been watching the perfect sunset while writing the lyrics.... whatever set the mood, it worked... Enjoyed this from start to finish. Great write, performance, arrangement and production.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/09/20 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
A lovely, reflective song, with a great vocal by Janice, as always. Peter's fills and solo fit the mood perfectly. Another fine job by all.
Regards,
Leon

Thank you Leon. Peter did a fine job with guitar tracks indeed.

J&B
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/09/20 04:41 PM
That familiar Janice lilt passes, carrying with it a lovely lyric. "Changes" indeed, reflected in the many "changes" in the progression (intended or not). Solid band and mix with some seasonal seasoning from Peter. All told, a sweet way to pass the listen. Very much enjoyed.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/09/20 05:49 PM

I agree.

Janice's vocal is awesome as usual. Peter's guitar is like icing on the cake and of course Bud is the perfect baker.

Outstanding song.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/09/20 10:05 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Your unique and highly anticipated signature shines again through this ballad.

I particularly liked the vocal harmonies and backing vocals, really enjoyable, and gave depth.

Well done.

Thank you. We appreciate your kind supportive words!

J&B
Posted By: dcuny Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/09/20 10:37 PM
Slow and contemplative - lots of space for the instruments.

Excellent vocals (of course) and guitar (also of course).

It's got a bit of the early Jackson Browne feel.

I really liked the "echo" harmony bits.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/10/20 01:58 AM
Hello Lady and Gentlemen ...

Gosh, so pretty and perfectly arranged.... a listener's delight. melancholy, as I think this lyric is, doesn't have top be overtly sad in every case. In this song, melancholy and pretty are a great marriage.

All the usual kudos about the talent you folks have ... I have run out5 of new words to annotate the splendid music you gives us. A wonderful listen.

Best to all of you and please be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/10/20 04:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter,

A beautiful song in all its facets; the composition, lyrics, vocals and band. But you are most likely, used to those qualifications.
All your songs are. But this song is so more personal and that is what you (I) hear in the way you sing it and play it.
'Time passes, things change', I rewrote it a bit: Time may pass, but you stay!
That's all I can say (rhymes too, but doesn't belong to theformer line). Nice song, nice thoughts and well brought.
Maybe, just maybe... a tiny pedal steel in it?

Stay safe there,
Hans

Thanks Hans! "Time Passes, Things Change" is what our old friend used to say so we used those exact words to honor him.
Glad you liked it.

J&B
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/11/20 02:49 AM
I Love your singing voice Janice.
You have that unique quality in your voice which enables you to sing _TO_ rather than _AT_ the listener
which results in a much more engaging and pleasurable listening experience.
Not many singers can achieve this.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/11/20 10:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a lovely song and message in the lyric. Beautiful vocal Janice. Peters guitar in the background was so delicate and complimentary. I am so glad you included the equipment specifications Bud uses to mix and produce your songs. I taking a deep diving into the mixing world and this is very useful for me. Your mixes as always so clear and so easy to pick out each individual instrument in the song but blended so tastefully.

Thank you Scott. You mentioned all the aspects we work hard to achieve and that is appreciated. If you ever have a question about our production tools just send us a pm.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/11/20 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
Beautiful! Simply beautiful. Just the right amount of melancholy, just the right amount of hope within that melancholic sound, too. Wistful and a masterful achievement. I loved it - thank you.

Actually, thank YOU!

J&B
Posted By: TexasFrets Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/12/20 03:56 AM
Very compelling and moving. Beautiful voice and guitar. Wonderful harmonies. Excellent composition.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/12/20 12:03 PM
Nice to read how a simple phrase turned into very lovely lyrics, irrevocability in the chorus, but so relieving to read the last line of the last verse: "keep the spirit strong things are gonna be alright". The simple arrangement fits the flow of the words, Peter's gentle playing, Janice's relaxed singing and the fresh sounding chording complete the creative package, you are really making your own way.

Janne
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/12/20 10:17 PM

Ray, that is one of the most meaningful and thought provoking responses we have ever received in our seven years here. We are very appreciative.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/13/20 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Heard this when you first uploaded to SC a while back. Loved it then and love it now!

Everything about this works, from Peters guitar work (perfect) to Janice's vocal (especially like what she did for the BG vox) to the write, the arrangement, and the mix.

This is right up there with your best and is very, very good indeed!

Thank you Dave. And Janice really appreciates you mentioning the BGV’s. They were worked Out as a bit of an afterthought.

We appreciate you listening and commenting!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/15/20 09:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Beautiful and stately, in a melancholy way. Fantastic vocal and arrangement. ++Guitar work. Loved it!

Thanks. Your first sentence describes our objective and we appreciate you noting that!

J&B

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

I dig ray's comment on this! Nail-on-the-head.

Excellence abounds.

A good write - lyric and melody. It has the comforting sound and message that a good "graveside song" has. A musical eulogy.

The BAND sounds great (of course). Peter's guitar fits perfectly (of course).

Janice sings like an angel (of course).

Excellent mix (of course).

Of course.

smile

fj

Thank you floyd for listening, for the nice review and, most significantly, for your counsel and support over the years. It’s much appreciated.

J&B
Posted By: rsdean Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/15/20 09:39 AM
Janice, Bud & Peter,

A new favorite for me...

Love the sentiment of this song and the flowing instrumentation. It really wraps itself around the lyric and delivery.

No words to describe the vocal by Janice, except simply stellar.

A brilliant production.

Bob
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/15/20 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Lovely ballad, touching sentiments. Great vocals and lyrics. Electric guitar sounds wonderful. The band isn't too bad either. Good one.

Glad you liked it!

J&B
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/15/20 09:02 PM
Nice and slow. Flows like a river. Caught me by surprised when ended smile Fundamental message that never retires. Janice, your vocals shine on this. I like your voice on slower tunes like this ballad or blueses. Peter's guitar is smooth and sits very well. Bud, I do not know how you do it. Seems no matter of genre or instruments, your tunes always sound good. Great teamwork! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/15/20 09:34 PM
Beautiful song, great mix. I love the flow of the vocals, kinda reminds me of Linda Ronstadt..
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/16/20 09:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
For me, this is simply one of your best. I like everything about it. Peter's guitar is tasteful and the perfect tone for the song. Vocals, harmonies are spot on. And Bud, you must have been watching the perfect sunset while writing the lyrics.... whatever set the mood, it worked... Enjoyed this from start to finish. Great write, performance, arrangement and production.

Thanks Charlie. We know this ain’t your first rodeo - you’ve been in this business a long time and have been successful. So that makes your remarks even more meaningful. We appreciate it.

J&B
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/16/20 11:54 AM
Always a treat to hear your music. I enjoyed listening.

Well done by all.
Posted By: ROG Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/16/20 02:57 PM
Hi there J&B + Peter,

A great song with a great message, delivered in the nicest possible way
by Janice's splendid vocal.

It's taken me a while to get round to this one, but I'm so glad I caught
up with it.

A very polished and professional sound with some delicate guitar work from
Peter and a perfect mix from Bud.

Super work.

ROG.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/17/20 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
That familiar Janice lilt passes, carrying with it a lovely lyric. "Changes" indeed, reflected in the many "changes" in the progression (intended or not). Solid band and mix with some seasonal seasoning from Peter. All told, a sweet way to pass the listen. Very much enjoyed.

Thanks for the kind words!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/18/20 02:15 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

I agree.

Janice's vocal is awesome as usual. Peter's guitar is like icing on the cake and of course Bud is the perfect baker.

Outstanding song.

Thanks Mario! Glad you liked it. We appreciate your support.

J&B
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/19/20 10:20 PM

I love that line - Every song a familiar place I have never been before. So true of your music. Both of you (and Peter) have a way of making multiple styles sound as if you were born to play/sing it. Not many can do that.

Great job!

Steve
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/20/20 05:25 PM
Oh, so sweet. The kind of feel that closes my eyes and rocks me side to side with an ever-lasting smile. Everything about this is SOOOOO special. Love the time and the changes. One constant is the union of you 3. Such a strong song, Bud, Janice & Peter.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/20/20 07:15 PM
I appreciate all the comments mentioning my part in this wonderful Bud & Janice song.

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/21/20 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Slow and contemplative - lots of space for the instruments.

Excellent vocals (of course) and guitar (also of course).

It's got a bit of the early Jackson Browne feel.

I really liked the "echo" harmony bits.

Thanks David and we appreciate the Jackson Browne mention.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/22/20 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello Lady and Gentlemen ...

Gosh, so pretty and perfectly arranged.... a listener's delight. melancholy, as I think this lyric is, doesn't have top be overtly sad in every case. In this song, melancholy and pretty are a great marriage.

All the usual kudos about the talent you folks have ... I have run out5 of new words to annotate the splendid music you gives us. A wonderful listen.

Best to all of you and please be safe ...

Alan

Thanks Alan. “melancholy and pretty are a great marriage” is an lovely way of describing it. We appreciate it!

J&B
Posted By: tommyad Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/23/20 01:48 PM
Bud, Janice and Peter, Time passes, things change and yet the three of you remain at your high level of creativity. The write is perfect for the mood and Janice continues to wow with her gift of delivery. The guitars are just right. I liked the chord choices. I absolutely loved ray’s comments as I just finished reading Rita C’s memoir for the second time. I always expect a high quality mix and this did not let me down. Whatever the genre your combined experience makes it shine. Always a pleasure, Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/24/20 08:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
I Love your singing voice Janice.
You have that unique quality in your voice which enables you to sing _TO_ rather than _AT_ the listener
which results in a much more engaging and pleasurable listening experience.
Not many singers can achieve this.

Thank you so much Gary. I really appreciate you saying that!

Janice

Originally Posted By: TexasFrets
Very compelling and moving. Beautiful voice and guitar. Wonderful harmonies. Excellent composition.

Thanks for your time to listen and write such nice comments!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/25/20 07:49 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Nice to read how a simple phrase turned into very lovely lyrics, irrevocability in the chorus, but so relieving to read the last line of the last verse: "keep the spirit strong things are gonna be alright". The simple arrangement fits the flow of the words, Peter's gentle playing, Janice's relaxed singing and the fresh sounding chording complete the creative package, you are really making your own way.

Janne

Thank you Janne for those thoughtful and positive comments. We appreciate every word of it. It means a lot to us. And Janice was excited that you liked the chording!

J&B

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janice, Bud & Peter,

A new favorite for me...

Love the sentiment of this song and the flowing instrumentation. It really wraps itself around the lyric and delivery.

No words to describe the vocal by Janice, except simply stellar.

A brilliant production.

Bob

Bob, we so much enjoy your productions and that makes your comments all the more special to us. Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Nice and slow. Flows like a river. Caught me by surprised when ended smile Fundamental message that never retires. Janice, your vocals shine on this. I like your voice on slower tunes like this ballad or blueses. Peter's guitar is smooth and sits very well. Bud, I do not know how you do it. Seems no matter of genre or instruments, your tunes always sound good. Great teamwork! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Misha, your positive reviews and support have never gone unnoticed. Thanks for mentioning so many of the of production goals that we had hoped to achieve. We are humbled.

J&B
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/25/20 08:25 PM
Hi Janice & Bud & Peter,

This is the kind of song that cheers me up, so that I hope there is a future worth of pursuing.

The song, the performances and the production is a masterclass in how to make good music!

I feel very lucky that I get to hear your songs here for free!

Will
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/25/20 08:37 PM
Terrific performances by the usual suspects: Janice (vocals), Bud (production) and Peter (guitars).
What a team.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: olemon Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/25/20 09:56 PM
I didn't analyze the tune, no need, I just listened and related. We've gone through some major changes ourselves in the past few years, some sad, some happy, some tragic. And there's always more to come. Time passes, things change. Be well.

p.s. L O V E the song!!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/26/20 03:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Beautiful song, great mix. I love the flow of the vocals, kinda reminds me of Linda Ronstadt..

Thanks. I never thought I'd be mentioned in the same sentence with her!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Always a treat to hear your music. I enjoyed listening.
Well done by all.

Thanks Herb!

J&B

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there J&B + Peter,

A great song with a great message, delivered in the nicest possible way
by Janice's splendid vocal.

It's taken me a while to get round to this one, but I'm so glad I caught
up with it.

A very polished and professional sound with some delicate guitar work from
Peter and a perfect mix from Bud.

Super work.

ROG.

Thank you Rog. The three of us very much appreciate your kind comments!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/27/20 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve Young

I love that line - Every song a familiar place I have never been before. So true of your music. Both of you (and Peter) have a way of making multiple styles sound as if you were born to play/sing it. Not many can do that.

Great job!

Steve

Great to hear from you Steve and many thanks for checking in and listening! Glad you liked it.

Be safe.

J&B

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Oh, so sweet. The kind of feel that closes my eyes and rocks me side to side with an ever-lasting smile. Everything about this is SOOOOO special. Love the time and the changes. One constant is the union of you 3. Such a strong song, Bud, Janice & Peter.

That is kind of you and very much appreciated! Thanks for mentioning the changes also.

Take care.

J&B

Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/27/20 10:23 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Bud, Janice and Peter, Time passes, things change and yet the three of you remain at your high level of creativity. The write is perfect for the mood and Janice continues to wow with her gift of delivery. The guitars are just right. I liked the chord choices. I absolutely loved ray’s comments as I just finished reading Rita C’s memoir for the second time. I always expect a high quality mix and this did not let me down. Whatever the genre your combined experience makes it shine. Always a pleasure, Tom

Thanks Tom for everything. Glad you saw Ray's comments. And Janice appreciates you mentioning the chords! And Bud appreciates the mix remarks. And we all three appreciate you!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 07/28/20 08:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Janice & Bud & Peter,

This is the kind of song that cheers me up, so that I hope there is a future worth of pursuing.

The song, the performances and the production is a masterclass in how to make good music!

I feel very lucky that I get to hear your songs here for free!

Will

We appreciate that Will. If we can bring cheer then mission accomplished. Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Terrific performances by the usual suspects: Janice (vocals), Bud (production) and Peter (guitars).
What a team.
Cheers,
Mike

Thanks Mike!

J&B

Originally Posted By: olemon
I didn't analyze the tune, no need, I just listened and related. We've gone through some major changes ourselves in the past few years, some sad, some happy, some tragic. And there's always more to come. Time passes, things change. Be well.

p.s. L O V E the song!!

Great to see you back around! Thank you.

Take care.

J&B
Posted By: vicarn Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) - 09/02/20 09:41 AM
Lovely song.
Easy on the mind.

Vic
© PG Music Forums