PG Music Home
https://soundcloud.com/bruce-boome/hair-on-my-g-string I have a very nice 1972 Washburn HB 35 (335 copy) that sustains well, ideal for a tune with long notes, so I thought I'd have a go at air on a G string. I looked for a style (I usually never use them) to get the ball rolling, and came up with ICYWIND.STY Alternative Country, and liked it so much I kept it. I added Congas Ev8, 2195 electric piano and 1118 12 string strummed to thicken it. Mixed in Sonar.
I love Bach, and this is so well done - bravo! If there was just one suggestion I'd make, it would be to be just that little bit more faithful to the original Bach chords, here and there ... in the first section, in particular, there were some C major instead of E minor chords ... they surprised me, that's all. But otherwise great job!!!
Very pretty!! I'm really not overall a classical music fan but I LOVE Bach!! Such melodic music, and you did a nice Job with this presentation!! Take care. Greg
Bruce, super sound on that guitar. Of course you have the technique to make it talk! Excellent mix.

I really liked your guitar chops on this one.
© PG Music Forums