PG Music Home
Posted By: Roger Brown I Regret - 07/08/20 03:50 PM
I don't post many of mine on here, but I thought I'd share this one. The usual disclaimer - as a recording engineer I make a pretty good songwriter.

This was cobbled together from a bunch of different realtracks, I've found that rather that loading styles I enjoy 'starting from scratch'. Here's what I have on it:
2877 Acoustic Bass, NashvilleBrushesBalladPush16 Drums, 2808 acoustic piano, 3113 Nylon guitar, 2666 pedal steel, and 367 electric guitar. There's also a Brent Mason solo (forget which) and background vocal "mmms".

Finished/mixed in Logic Pro X.

I Regret
Posted By: Rebecca King Re: I Regret - 07/08/20 04:16 PM
Wow.this is great!!! Should be played on the Radio over and over...

Best Regards.

Rebecca and Jochen
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: I Regret - 07/08/20 08:15 PM
Really pretty song Roger!! Haven't seen you in quite a while. Welcome back!! Enjoyed this!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: I Regret - 07/09/20 09:13 AM
I enjoyed this from start to finish. It's well written, performed, arranged and produced. It's safe to say you're a songwriter with quite an 'ear' for audio engineering and production. You should post more.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: I Regret - 07/09/20 11:23 AM
Just beautiful. Lovely mature theme delivered with great grace. The band is just right and the mix is very good on the phones at mid volume. Thanks for posting this thinking man's country.
Posted By: Bawb Re: I Regret - 07/09/20 01:02 PM
Hi Roger,

I loved your song. The music, vocals and music were all really good. Some have said it's ready for the radio. I'm thinking it's really not. Music on the radio for the most part is crap! I'd rather listen to music the folks on this forum play instead. Thanks for posting it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: I Regret - 07/09/20 03:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Roger,

I loved your song. The music, vocals and music were all really good. Some have said it's ready for the radio. I'm thinking it's really not. Music on the radio for the most part is crap! I'd rather listen to music the folks on this forum play instead. Thanks for posting it.

Amen Bawb!

Roger this is the kind of song that real country stations should play.

This is perfect in so many ways!

An excellent song that I really enjoyed.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: I Regret - 07/10/20 10:36 AM
Your humility shows through in your description, but your delivery immediately dissolves any such need.

So, so much to enjoy about this.

Yes, it's broadcast ready. Couldn't agree more. Quite fantastic, actually.
Posted By: Scott C Re: I Regret - 07/11/20 11:36 AM
Very nice song. Excellent vocal. Excellent mix. Well done
Posted By: Leon1 Re: I Regret - 07/13/20 12:20 AM
Hi Roger
Really nice song. Excellent vocal and the production sounds great.
From looking at your bio and listening to a few of your other tracks, I'd say 'a pretty good songwriter' is a massive understatement.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: I Regret - 07/14/20 01:35 PM
Top quality work, pro sound all the way. Really enjoyed this, you should definitely post here more often!
© PG Music Forums