PG Music Home
Posted By: cliftond I just Wanna Ride - 07/21/20 11:59 PM
Using BIAB as bass, drums, rythm guitars. Using my guitars on stereo, a little different sound here. Enjoy Cliff
[Link no longer valid]
Posted By: dcuny Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/22/20 03:04 AM
When it started, I was thinking it was a rather sparse instrumental.

And then it got to the chorus. laugh

I enjoyed the ride!
Posted By: Scott C Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/22/20 08:56 PM
Cool intro. Love how you have panned the guitars. I too thought maybe an instrumental. Excellent vocal and harmonies
Posted By: Tano Music Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/22/20 10:30 PM
I don't wanna analyze, I just wanna sit back and enjoy the vibe..nice!!
(Not sure about those last little synth chords--do you really need those? I don't think so!)
Posted By: jannesan Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/23/20 01:09 PM
Nice groove, surprising synthesized backing but it works just like Z.Z.Top did in the 80's. Catchy melody and I really enjoyed the guitars and vocal harmonies. The lyrical content fits the context smile

Janne
Posted By: MarioD Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/23/20 08:56 PM
I had a very pleasurable ride listening to this!

I really like your stereo image here, brilliant! The mix is perfect. Excellent guitar chops also.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/23/20 09:01 PM
That was different for you, but still cool. Sounded like an alternate take of a track on a CD or album. Nice work.
Posted By: cliftond Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/24/20 10:33 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
When it started, I was thinking it was a rather sparse instrumental.

And then it got to the chorus. laugh

I enjoyed the ride!

Thanks David, yes, it was slow to get to vocals, that could be a weak point. CLiff
Posted By: cliftond Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/24/20 10:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool intro. Love how you have panned the guitars. I too thought maybe an instrumental. Excellent vocal and harmonies

We appreciate the comment and listen Scott!! Cliff
Posted By: cliftond Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/24/20 10:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
I don't wanna analyze, I just wanna sit back and enjoy the vibe..nice!!
(Not sure about those last little synth chords--do you really need those? I don't think so!)

Ha Thank You for enjoying the Ride Tano, and YES, the genius of the ending is so reminiscent of Abbey road days, I think the boys and George would have been happy with it. HAHA, who knows you could be right , certainly I could have left the synth off. Cliff
Posted By: cliftond Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/24/20 10:39 AM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Nice groove, surprising synthesized backing but it works just like Z.Z.Top did in the 80's. Catchy melody and I really enjoyed the guitars and vocal harmonies. The lyrical content fits the context smile

Janne
Thank You Janne, it was going to be a different rythm more rock oriented , I had plans of a much different guitar style and had it practiced, but, BIAB gave me a completely different take on the style and the song. I just cant say enough good things about this program. AMAZING!!!! Cliff
Posted By: cliftond Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/24/20 10:40 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I had a very pleasurable ride listening to this!

I really like your stereo image here, brilliant! The mix is perfect. Excellent guitar chops also.

Thank You Mario!!, Guitar is my game, I love amps and amp sims, even more than guitars. CLiff
Posted By: Birchwood Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/24/20 11:49 AM
Hi Clifond,

Yes I too expected it was an instrumental until the singing started.
It's a nice song with a very nice strumming guitar in a good groove.
I read Ray was fond of the panning, I'm not so much. It works a bit distracting in my head.
Especially the strong panning left and right of the vocals. It makes them stay out of the mix. Bringing them more together could cause wonders (?), at least try it one time.
But as long as you have fun, don't mind my words.

Hans
Posted By: cliftond Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/24/20 12:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Clifond,

Yes I too expected it was an instrumental until the singing started.
It's a nice song with a very nice strumming guitar in a good groove.
I read Ray was fond of the panning, I'm not so much. It works a bit distracting in my head.
Especially the strong panning left and right of the vocals. It makes them stay out of the mix. Bringing them more together could cause wonders (?), at least try it one time.
But as long as you have fun, don't mind my words.

Hans

Thank You Hans, and yes I will give that a try for sure!!!!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/24/20 02:21 PM
Yeah, I was enjoying the "instrumental" and wished I didn't read some of the other comments as the song started. The sense of surprise was lost. But then this comment by Tanno Music "I don't wanna analyze, I just wanna sit back and enjoy the vibe..nice!!" made more sense. Ok enough talk. Back for another ride.
Posted By: cliftond Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/24/20 05:55 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Yeah, I was enjoying the "instrumental" and wished I didn't read some of the other comments as the song started. The sense of surprise was lost. But then this comment by Tanno Music "I don't wanna analyze, I just wanna sit back and enjoy the vibe..nice!!" made more sense. Ok enough talk. Back for another ride.

HA , Thanks Marty yes indeed enjoy the ride, it was the same with me when recording it, it was all a spur of the moment thing, nothing I had planned happened. I think this the equivalent of 0 and 1 for computer programing, the lyrics break down the feeling of the song from Dylan's 50 verse songs to a 7-11 song style. 7 words 11 times over HA. Cliff
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/28/20 02:20 PM
Lots to like here!

- vocals,

- guitar work,

- mix; and,

- the arrangement

Excellent and a fun listen!

J&B
Posted By: cliftond Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/28/20 02:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Lots to like here!

- vocals,

- guitar work,

- mix; and,

- the arrangement

Excellent and a fun listen!

J&B

Thanks J&B always appreciate your comments and music!!!! Cliff
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/28/20 02:51 PM
I thought it was an instrumental until it wasn't.

Then I remembered that Waylon used that technique a lot, especially in his live shows ( not on TV ) play a verse and a chorus then start the vocals..... it stretches the song for a live show... that equates to having to learn or play fewer songs.... like the time our band was hired to play a 4 hr gig after we won a battle of the bands talent show. We were brand new, and while we were good..... we only had 7 songs on our set list at the time. Yeah that made for an interesting night.

Back to your song.... organic and off the cuff comes to mind. I like the feel on the song
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: I just Wanna Ride - 07/31/20 02:29 PM
Cliff, you have a very recognizable style when it comes to your vocals and guitar sound! This is a sweet enjoyable tune! Thanks, T
© PG Music Forums