PG Music Home
Posted By: jford Song #14 of 26 – Lost In Time - 07/23/20 08:37 AM
So, this is the last song I will post for about a week. I'm going on vacation with my wife; we're going camping with our travel trailer and will be back sometime next Tuesday. Have a great rest of the week and weekend, everybody. Keep playing, recording, and sharing the great music, and as Peter Gannon says, "Have fun".

Song #14 of 26 – Lost In Time

Initial BIAB Style – _BWSE110 – Acoustic Guitar w/ Even Simple Bow Bass

Track #1 – RT1603: Bass, Electric, Pop 16ths Ev 110
Track #2 – RealDrums-NashvilleEven8^3-SideStick,HHatO
Track #3 – RealPiano 405: Guitar, Acoustic, Strummoing Ev 120
Track #4 – RT1119: Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
Track #5 – RealGuitar 1677: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Country
Track #6 – RealStrings 522: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
Track #7 – RT522: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
Track #8 – RT2037-Mandolin, Soloist CountryAndy Ev 120
Track #9 – RT1729: Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopBalladJohn Ev

John sings lead vocal which was run through Melodyne 4 to pull it a little better in tune, with slight reverb using Anwida Soft Reverb Light VST.

=============================================================
Lost In Time
by Christopher P. Werle and John E. Ford
Copyright © 2005 by Christopher P. Werle and John E. Ford

Lost in time, lost in the mem'ry of all the love we share
Of hopes and dreams waiting to find me.

Lost in time lost in the feeling that greets me when you smile,
That warms my heart, now and forever. [to CHORUS]

CHORUS
Before I found you I knew I was bound to hold you close within my arms,
For all the world to see. Here we are in perfect harmony.

Lost in time, lost in the moments I share with you each day,
That lift me up, higher and higher. [to CHORUS]

BRIDGE
Always knew that we would be, celebrating you and me,
Never rose above you, I wanted just to say I love you.
Now I know, forever we will be...

Lost in time, lost in the mem'ry of all the love we share,
Of hopes and dreams, waiting to find me. [to CHORUS]

ENDING
Lost in time... Lost in time... Lost in time...

=============================================================

Since I’ve been teleworking since March 2020 (as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic), that has afforded me time at home to work on all the original songs my buddy Chris Werle and I (John Ford) have written. Chris wrote the lyrics, chords, and melody. I then transcribe it into notation, since Chris doesn’t read music. I then write the harmonies, most of the instrumental solos and/or counter melodies, arrange all the instruments, and put everything together.

All songs started in Band-in-a-Box (and some of them are over 20 years old). Then they were worked up in either PowerTracks Pro or RealBand. Since Chris and I live in different states now, I had to rely on previously recorded vocals and his guitar playing from old PowerTracks or RealBand .SEQ files. Because of limitations in RealBand with some VSTi’s, I did have to export the some of the MIDI tracks out of RealBand and render them to audio in Cakewalk (for those that RealBand didn’t render properly), after which I would bring the audio back into RealBand. But most of the songs and the final mix were exclusively rendered from RealBand.

My goal here is to post one song each day until all 26 of the songs have been posted. Some have been posted previously, but I have gone back and reworked all of them, so they are all new mixes and are different from what was originally posted.

Most of the songs are Christian in nature, so if that’s not your thing, that’s fine. But it’s our thing. So without further ado, here is the music.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Song #14 of 26 – Lost In Time - 07/26/20 10:52 AM
John, I really liked your vocal, especially with the wide intervals in the melody. Your "band" was well-chosen and skillfully deployed--sounded great. Only suggestion--I would have faded out at the end. But enjoyed it all the way thru.

(PS--I think you have at least one "breath" that got into the mix, around 2:10)
Posted By: jford Re: Song #14 of 26 – Lost In Time - 07/26/20 02:24 PM
Thanks, Tano. I'll make note of that for when I get back to it.

I do know that I leave breaths in at times, since singers do breathe and it is kind of unnatural when they never seem to take a breath. But if it's just an extraneous breath (I haven't gone back to listen yet), then I'll definitely take it out.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Song #14 of 26 – Lost In Time - 07/26/20 05:45 PM
Lovely melody - it does a great job capturing that wistful feeling.

I like this song a lot, but the arrangement sounds very Band in a Box - a whole lot of everything going all at once.

I see you've got 14 songs to go, but I can imagine this a bit slower and more rubato, piano and no drums. Just in case you you feel like revisiting it again. wink
Posted By: Al-David Re: Song #14 of 26 – Lost In Time - 07/26/20 07:26 PM
Hi John ...

This is the first of your 30-song task I've had the opportunity to listen to. I'm delighted I did!

Very nice backing tracks. I often have trouble finding drum tracks that totally suit me ... if the A-Part works, sometimes the B-Part doesn't ... or the opposite. But this track has a defined variation between the parts and works perfectly. I'll have to go back and take another look at it for a few of my multiple songs in progress. All the tracks work and blend nicely.

That was a real nice listen. Good luck with the remainder of your task. I shall listen to and comment on as many of them as I can. Wishing you the best. Be safe and enjoy your camping this week!

Alan
Posted By: jford Re: Song #14 of 26 – Lost In Time - 07/26/20 07:55 PM
Thanks, Alan and David. We are having a great time camping. I'm grilling salmon for dinner tonight, paired with a nice lightly oaked chardonnay. And the weather is amazingly cool, relatively, for July on the Gulf Coast.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Song #14 of 26 – Lost In Time - 07/26/20 09:32 PM
Hi John,

Nice song indeed... a song that actually delivers the right mood for camping and having a good time with the family... smile

Thanks a lot for sharing,
Will
© PG Music Forums