PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) - 07/23/20 11:24 PM
Nothing special here...

Pandeambient

RT-tracks used:
RT-2475 Bass, acoustic
RT-1542 Piano, acoustic
RT-1840 Synth pad, PopModernGrooveMellow
RT-1035 Banjo, Rhythm NorthernRockBallad
RealDrums=BrushesFolk16ths

Take care
Will
Posted By: rayc Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) - 07/24/20 07:57 AM
Started out like Robert Wyatt's version of Ship Building.
Nice start and a solid rhythm to finish.
Nice New Age music. Could have been a little busier for my tastes, but well done nonetheless.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) - 07/25/20 01:10 AM
Nice and chill. Good vibe and build, and the banjo was a pleasant surprise.
Will,

This is really nice. Well done.

It is actually an overall kind of sound I've been looking to use for some "modern" singer-songwriter kinds of productions (including the banjo!). Especially the piano. Many of the BIAB pianos are sort of "busy"...this one is what I've been looking for. It would be nice if you listed the actual RT name - not just the number - in order to know what that is, you have to then open the program and go to the RT selector to find it.

Thanks for using that RealDrum track, too! I haven't heard that kick sound from a RealDrum before...very effective.

Listening through a 2nd time. I am really liking this...

fj
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) - 07/25/20 10:29 AM
Love it, Will. You start off with "Nothing special here..." and it reminds me of "Move along now. There's nothing to see here." Well, there is PLENTY to listen to hear (sic). Man, I love how you built this, starting with embers and adding to it until you've achieved a bonfire. And then it quickly snuffed out with a long sustain. It leaves the listener (at least this listener) with a warm sense of beauty. Thanks.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) - 07/25/20 01:01 PM
Beautiful chord progression, relaxing ambient instrumentation. I enjoyed the mix, lots of airy reverb. Clever title, referring to pandemic I guess?

Janne
Originally Posted By: rayc
Started out like Robert Wyatt's version of Ship Building.
Nice start and a solid rhythm to finish.

Thank you for listening, rayc!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Nice New Age music. Could have been a little busier for my tastes, but well done nonetheless.

It is an interesting point of view... I had a much busier version of the track, but some friends of mine said it was way too busy for this genre. Maybe they were wrong and you are right.

Thanks for taking time to listen!
Will
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Nice and chill. Good vibe and build, and the banjo was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for your nice comments! The banjo was a "last minute decision" and yes, I think it turned out alright.

Will
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Will,

This is really nice. Well done.

It is actually an overall kind of sound I've been looking to use for some "modern" singer-songwriter kinds of productions (including the banjo!). Especially the piano. Many of the BIAB pianos are sort of "busy"...this one is what I've been looking for. It would be nice if you listed the actual RT name - not just the number - in order to know what that is, you have to then open the program and go to the RT selector to find it.

Thanks for using that RealDrum track, too! I haven't heard that kick sound from a RealDrum before...very effective.

Listening through a 2nd time. I am really liking this...

fj

Hi Floyd,

Thanks a lot for listening and your kind comments!

It is not the first time that you tell me to write the correct names of the RTs. I feel like the newbie I am now... what is it I am doing wrong? I thought the RT number was the important information I need to deliver?

Will
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Love it, Will. You start off with "Nothing special here..." and it reminds me of "Move along now. There's nothing to see here." Well, there is PLENTY to listen to hear (sic). Man, I love how you built this, starting with embers and adding to it until you've achieved a bonfire. And then it quickly snuffed out with a long sustain. It leaves the listener (at least this listener) with a warm sense of beauty. Thanks.

Hi Babumusic,

Thanks a lot for your real nice comments! Very much appreciated!

Will
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Beautiful chord progression, relaxing ambient instrumentation. I enjoyed the mix, lots of airy reverb. Clever title, referring to pandemic I guess?

Janne

Hi Janne,

Yes, referring to the pandemic, but it is not only a bad thing. When we all start to travel again in 2021 we will be able to talk/chat with everyone in the world because we have been through the same thing. New possible friends...

Thanks for your nice comments about the track. Much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: PeterF Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) - 07/25/20 09:54 PM
Will

A very pleasant composition. Nice build, mix and sounds.

Well produced.

Peter
Will, I enjoyed this work. I liked the effect you got in the early measures with the pad..it almost seemed like you were "feathering in" the synth and possibly some brushes, nice result. Once the rhythm picks up, is there a shaker in there, or is it part of the RD track? And the wood blocks? Also liked the reverb throughout. Very nice!!
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) - 07/26/20 11:51 AM
Hi Will,

This song has something intriguing. It is repeating itself but all the time new instruments come in, like the woodblocks and the banjo. The synth has a dominant role, but that makes it so intriguing. I like that!
A very nice composition all together.

Nice day,
Hans
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Will

A very pleasant composition. Nice build, mix and sounds.

Well produced.

Peter

Thank you PeterF!

Will
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Will, I enjoyed this work. I liked the effect you got in the early measures with the pad..it almost seemed like you were "feathering in" the synth and possibly some brushes, nice result. Once the rhythm picks up, is there a shaker in there, or is it part of the RD track? And the wood blocks? Also liked the reverb throughout. Very nice!!

Thank you for listening, Tano Music! Yes, the shaker is from the RD track!

Appreciated your nice comments!
Will
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Will,

This song has something intriguing. It is repeating itself but all the time new instruments come in, like the woodblocks and the banjo. The synth has a dominant role, but that makes it so intriguing. I like that!
A very nice composition all together.

Nice day,
Hans

Hi Hans,
Some nice words from you... they are very much appreciated!

Thanks for listening!
Will
Very cinematic. This would be a good tune for the sync libraries.

There have been several nice instrumental all BiaB track productions posted lately and this is an excellent addition.

Simply a great use of RT/RD's and illustrates their power (in talented hands).

Very nice and much enjoyed!

J&B
Nicely done. Yep... I agree with Bud and Janice in saying this would be a good song to place with a sync library.

Good stuff there
Very chill Will. Very Buddha Bar/Café del Mar. Loved it.
Great choice of RealTracks. I didn't think it possible in this genre but that banjo works perfectly.
Thanks for sharing this gem.
Cheers,
Mike
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Very cinematic. This would be a good tune for the sync libraries.

There have been several nice instrumental all BiaB track productions posted lately and this is an excellent addition.

Simply a great use of RT/RD's and illustrates their power (in talented hands).

Very nice and much enjoyed!

J&B

Hi J&B,

I hope you both are doing well!

Thanks a lot for listening and your very nice comments! I have no experience with sync libraries, but maybe I should consider it.

It is much appreciated that you always take your time to listen to my tracks!

Will
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nicely done. Yep... I agree with Bud and Janice in saying this would be a good song to place with a sync library.

Good stuff there

Your comments are much appreciated! Thanks for listening!

Will
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Very chill Will. Very Buddha Bar/Café del Mar. Loved it.
Great choice of RealTracks. I didn't think it possible in this genre but that banjo works perfectly.
Thanks for sharing this gem.
Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for listening!

Yes, it was a surprise for me as well that the banjo actually worked in this track... but it just proves that you need to experiment to find new ways of doing things.

Thanks again,
Will
Nice track Will! Lovely textures and soundscape! The rhythm section coming in really makes this come alive! T
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Nice track Will! Lovely textures and soundscape! The rhythm section coming in really makes this come alive! T

Thanks a lot for listening, Torrey!

Your opinion is always appreciated!
Will
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) - 08/11/20 10:28 AM
Nothing special about 5:20 of deep relaxation? I'm gonna have to call BS on that notion. Really nice and effective intro. Sweet and interesting progression. I loved the way the bass run ended each pass. I looked forward to it each time around. The introduction of the beats was flawless. Really nice echo-y sound to them--prominent but not overbearing and greatly contributing to the hypnosis. The introduction of the banjo, in this setting, was very effective as that plinkiness contrasted very well with the flowing synth and deepness. Thanks.
Nicely done!! This could be a great score for a scene with a boat drifting down a tropical river or something! I love that pad.....I have a $400 pad plugin and end up almost always using this one instead. Very well done!! Take care. Greg
Will,
Cool soundscape. Enigma'esque relaxing vibe. Banjo fit very well.
Ended too soon smile Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Tangmo, Greg Johnson and Rustyspoon#,
Thanks a lot for all of your kind reviews and great comments! I really, really appreciate that you took time to listen!

All my best wishes to you!
Will
Posted By: olemon Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) - 08/21/20 09:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss

My sentiments exactly.

I dig that percussion as well. Terrific job on this.

Take care.
Great chill-out music, no question.

Lots of places that this could sit absolutely perfectly.

Great, yes.
I like this. Good music to relax to.

Very skillful placement of instruments throughout the piece.
© PG Music Forums