PG Music Home
Posted By: TuneMonger Go with me - 08/01/20 07:54 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/go-with-me

This is, I guess, jazzy pop. The vocals were by Chels of fiverr. A few plosives and she sang too softly at times, but overall I think she did great

RealTracks in style: ~~481:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ballad Sw 085
RealTracks in style: ~~487:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Ballad Sw 085
RealTracks in style: ~~555:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Ballad Freddie Sw 085
RealTracks in song: ~493:Trombone, Jazz Ballad Sw 085 (Bluesy)
RealDrums [in style:JazzBrushes: a: Brushes Swirling b: Brushes Busier

Lyrics

So many women, that's you - were you gonna choose me, were you gonna lose me?
I never knew just where I stood - or if you wouldn't or you would,
So many times I felt like quitting - but I stayed in the game, staked out my claim,
I tore my heart out over you,
But you always knew it, you were gonna do it, you were gonna go with me.

So many friends disapproved - why you wanna suffer? Find another lover,
I tried but could not let you go - You never sent me packing, so I kept on hacking,
So many things in life don't get realized, but when I looked in your eyes,
There was something that shone through,
And you always knew it, you were gonna do it, you were gonna go with me.

So we're together now - all's been forgiven, life is for living,
I got what I wanted all along - It was tough and how, but look at me now,
So we've got plans to make - a life to sweetly taste, easy on the haste,
I want to do it all with you,
And you always knew it, you were gonna do it, you were gonna go with me.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Go with me - 08/01/20 08:45 PM
This song is the definition of cool sophistication.
Loved it all , lyrics , vocal delivery ,laid back arrangement.
A very clever song.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Go with me - 08/01/20 09:20 PM
TuneMonger, I love this one! That young lady has a Wonderful voice...perfect for the genre! The volume is a bit low at times on the vocal but if you keep working with it I'm sure you'll get it where you want it! Great Jazz song! Thanks, T
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Go with me - 08/02/20 05:26 AM
Good song, you certainly have good writing chops, nice arrangement too.

As far as the vocal goes, first of all I really like her voice. Waves has a plugin called vocal rider that is very good at bringing up the quiet parts and bring down the loud parts. But there is one spot, around 3:20, where it is so loud it clips. Not much you can do about that, I assume that was at her end? If it was me I would be tempted to get her to redo it.

But yeah, another good song from you!
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Go with me - 08/02/20 10:27 AM
Love the song and, apart from some clipping, love the voice.
The band was pretty good too.
I'm a big fan of bar room ballads.
Thanks for sharing,
Mike
Posted By: Scott C Re: Go with me - 08/02/20 02:34 PM
Loved the vocal. Backtrack was perfect for the vocal and lyric. What a nice listen
Posted By: PeterF Re: Go with me - 08/02/20 08:04 PM
A good song, pretty arrangement, the backing is excellent as is the melody. Shame about the clipping.

Very nice composition.

Peter
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Go with me - 08/02/20 09:47 PM
I LOVE this style of tune!!! So easy to listen to and sink into!! The lyrics are perfect for this style as is the trombone!! It has a live feel......did she send the vocal processed or just a dry wav file? This is a gem!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: furry Re: Go with me - 08/02/20 10:03 PM
Oh this is gorgeous, doesn't matter what genre of music you prefer, this one should be enjoyed by everyone. BEAUTIFUL voice from the young lady. The whole song has CHILL written all over it. LOVELY !
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Go with me - 08/03/20 02:39 PM
TM,

Truly Wonderful! In all regards (except for the bit of vocal clipping).

The tracks are excellent. And what a sweeeeet vocal!! The perfect choice for the style.

And an excellent write. The lyric is like honey - a smooth, sweet, thick, flowing delicious. Beautiful melody.

So good.

fj
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Go with me - 08/03/20 03:09 PM
YEP.... love it. Good job on the jazz tune.

Like others have said, the vox clipping and levels are all over the place. Clipping is solved by placing a pop filter further away from the mic. I had that problem when I was recording Blue on Red. Danny was singing loudly and it overloaded the mic.... so I moved the pop filter out to 6" and locked it into place..... solved. The singer can get up on the filter and it's not a big deal. Levels are easy to fix one of several ways.... proper singing technique, compression, or audio level editing and using envelopes. Or...any combination thereof.

Good song.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Go with me - 08/03/20 10:06 PM
Tunemonger,

Cool, smoky jazz tune . . . I think you vocalist does a great job, and the mix is spot on. Actually, I don’t find that she sings too low much (though not sure if you are referencing the original track or the track as is). If anything, I think the vocal gets a bit too hot in just a couple of spots . . . but that’s really nitty. Truly, it’s darn good as is. Love the solo Trombone on this—not always easy getting the horns to work. You did it expertly here.

Good stuff!

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Go with me - 08/03/20 11:54 PM
Lovely. Well written and nicely arranged. Sweet vocals. Good one.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Go with me - 08/06/20 07:59 PM
This is so well done - very good lyrics that flow and give your wonderful vocalist room to play.
Nice arrangement (and with a tweak on the vocal processing you`re probably tired of hearing about), one of the best jazzy ballads I`ve heard here.

Robert
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Go with me - 08/08/20 12:09 PM
Oh yeah! A sultry slow bluesy jazz swing (enough adjectives? smile )

Our love of Diana Krall and many other lady jazz singers is enough to make this so easy to listen to.

And, man, did you ever hand her a great lyric and band to work with.

Nice mix and that trombone is hittin' the note!

Kudos on a fine production...

J&B
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Go with me - 08/08/20 02:14 PM
Wonderful changes and melody. Great write, TuneMonger. Great choice of trombone for solo. Sweet. Sultry. Smokey.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Go with me - 08/08/20 02:32 PM
Looks like all the adjectives I was going to use are already used up.

So... what they said! Enjoyable song, excellent production, talented vocalist. laugh
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Go with me - 08/09/20 10:45 PM
Thanks as always for the kind comments on this song. I realize the vocal had flaws and I should've had her do another take. It's not easy working with vocalists online and I always choose the least expensive singers. So I feel guilty asking them to do it again unless the take was really bad. But all of you were able to hear past the flaws, and I appreciate that!
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Go with me - 08/25/20 04:14 AM
TuneMonger,

Very nice jazz song!
Definitely cool and sophisticated.
Wonderful chord progression and melody. Great write!
And the vocal by Chels of fiverr is certainly very special.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards,

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Go with me - 08/25/20 05:35 AM
Hi TuneMonger,

A catchy jazzy song and very nicely sung. It made me -almost- dream away.
There were some 'imperfections', but who cares!
You and Chels did a wonderful job.

Have a nice day,
Hans
Posted By: Al-David Re: Go with me - 08/25/20 07:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Oh yeah! A sultry slow bluesy jazz swing (enough adjectives? smile )

Our love of Diana Krall and many other lady jazz singers is enough to make this so easy to listen to.

And, man, did you ever hand her a great lyric and band to work with.

Nice mix and that trombone is hittin' the note!

Kudos on a fine production...

J&B

Howdy TM ...

I have to totally agree with Janice and Bud. Di and I are huge fans of Diana Krall She is our favorite contemporary jazz vocalist .... Steve Tyrell our favorite contemporary male vocalist. This song has both their names written all over it.

The young lady you hired is really great. Yes, the vocal clipping in a couple of places is unfortunate, but it didn't dilute my enjoyment and pleasure of a great listen. Your lyrical and composition skill are exceptional ... wish I were even half that accomplished.

You always give us great songs to listen. I believe this is my favorite. i truly appreciate the opportunity to have heard this.

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Go with me - 08/25/20 08:45 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Looks like all the adjectives I was going to use are already used up.

So... what they said! Enjoyable song, excellent production, talented vocalist. laugh

I agree 100%.

I felt like I was in a jazz lounge listening to live music.

Excellent job on this one.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Go with me - 08/26/20 09:14 AM
Thanks again to all for your kind comments. I especially like the comparisons to Diana Krall. That is exactly what I was going for on this one, and exactly what I told the vocalist to go for. Thanks again, all!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Go with me - 08/26/20 11:25 AM
Tunemonger,

Jazz it is smile Nice composition & mix. Your singer did a grand job on it. Minus a bit of vocal peaking, which can possibly be addressed - radio quality tune! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
© PG Music Forums