PG Music Home
Hi all, been gone too long and have missed out on a whole lot. Even for got how to do quick links LOL... Getting old doesn't help either.

My first post on Soundcloud.

WHISKEY WITH THE DEVIL, Was all done in BIAB and Real Band. With all real tracks. I wrote it sometime ago and can't find all the lyrics right now, but they are pretty clear in the track I think. Country Ballad style, Thanks in advance for any listens.

Rob

https://soundcloud.com/user-741635300/whiskey-with-the-devilwav
Rob, I really like this. Very well written and sung with great conviction. Nice ending. The dobro fits in very well. I love this kind of country melody. It is very familiar but also brand new. A great listen. Don’t stay away so long, Tom
Thanks Tom,
Seems like I'm always busy since I retired. Often it's because I'm working on my next soon to be rejected #1 hit, Lol....
Hi Rob
Nice country tune. Excellent vocal - just the right quality for this kind of song.
Regards,
Leon
Thanks Leon, that's what I was going for.
Rob,

Nice! A truly classic Country song in all regards - the subject, the production and classic Country vocals (quite Haggard-sounding). Nice harmonies, too...

A very good write. Classic.

Very good mix, too.

Enjoyed the listen! Really well done.

fj
Thanks Floyd, high praise indeed from one of the local masters.
Rob,

Nice to hear a traditional country song, particularly when this it’s well-written and well put together. Love the dobros. And while it’s “traditional,” it nonetheless sounds really fresh. Sad, but compelling and thoroughly engaging listen. Nicely done!

Best regards,

Deej
Thanks Deej, I was hoping it carried well. Good to hear it did
I agree with the gang that this has a very classic and authentic sound!! Your vocal really delivers it right! Wonderful job on the whole enchilada!! Take care. Greg
Yes indeed. A good old country song from the heart.

I've drank whiskey with the devil a few times. He always refused to sign the contract in his blood.

Yep. Good song.
Classic country, the kind I love.

This should be played on the so called country radio stations around here.

I could picture Haggard, Strait, or George Jones singing this masterpiece!

Great work on this one.
i LOVE the high harmony part and how it fits so sweetly.
there are a couple of very essy spots that could use a little volume automation to take away the sting but, otherwise, it's a really good song well delivered.
I really like this, it is what "real" country is supposed to sound like. I really like the dobro!!
Thanks Greg, greatly appreciated.
Thanks Herb, a real compliment.
You have my permission to put it on every playlist, right behind some of your songs.
Thanks Rayc, harmony seems to sweeten every aspect of our lives doesn't it.
Thanks Ronnie, I love dobro and steel.

Yup yup.
Thanks for reminding all just how good "classic" country can be.

This has everything we look for ... a good write and a vocal that is
both heartfelt and soulful.

Well done!

J&B
Hello Rob ...

I'm am old guy who played lead guitar in country bands for almost 50 years. I grew up on this kind of music and played it on a regular basis.

As some have already mentioned, although it has a true traditional country sound, it also sounds "fresh" for the genre. The way I would characterize my listen is it was like Haggard singing with Union Station providing the background music. I love dobro and pedal steel - two underappreciated instruments in the modern country arena.

Really nice! It was a terrific listen.

Wishing you the best and be safe ...

Alan
Thanks so much y'all, appreciate it a bunch.
Thank you, a man after my own heart.
Thank you Janice and Bud, so much.
Hello Toucher,

Beautiful country composition. I enjoyed the lyric and the banjo is judiciously introduced. The arrangement is superb.

Dero13 alias JaniJackFlash
J&B, FJ, and Mario hit my thoughts. Well done all around.
Thanks for the listen and the critique, it all helps.
Don, long time no see, hope you're doing well. Thanks for the listen
Great write, soulfully sung, excellent arrangement that shows off the instruments without sounding fussy or overdone.

laugh
Thanks David, nice compliment coming from one of the best.
© PG Music Forums