PG Music Home
Posted By: Rick Hansen Music for a restless planet - 08/09/20 05:18 PM
Hola

I have a new site on the net where I am putting together a musical journey about a person traveling from madness into calm or as I call it "Music For A Restless Planet". This first chapter is the arrival to "The House"

Been lots of fun so far, comments and suggestions are welcome, it is definitely meant to be listened to on headphones.

majicspell.com

https://soundcloud.com/rick-hansen-170345161/prologue-the-arrival

I used 3 tracks from CROK12H.Sty Slow Classic Rock.

Rick
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/09/20 05:58 PM
Hello Rick,

What a wonderful composition you made here! It's intriguing because of all what is happening and the different themes. I am happy it's just the prologue. That mean all used themes will come back in one of the other parts (I hope)!?
The production is very bright. I also understand why listening through earphones was recomended. Nice effects you used it this song!

It sounds like a big project you are working on. Lots of success with the continuation. Your first part was already a succes!

Hans
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/09/20 06:52 PM
Thank you sir, much respect to you.

Rick

(P.S> part 2 is up at majicspell.com. LOTS of BIB stuff in that one.)
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/12/20 09:26 PM
I would like to join that journey! For, I, myself am traveling from calm to madness! This is a really interesting piece of music......very well conceived and produced!! Guitars sound fantastic!! Nice job!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/13/20 08:47 AM
Rick, I am so glad that I decided to take a ride with you into your ambient world! I was so impressed with your prelude and how it hinted at lots of interesting episodes in the larger story. I also listened to track number two and I really enjoyed everything about it. One element of feedback: in track number two at about the two minute point, just before the birds come in, you have a few measures of synth that need to be a little more prominent because they are drowned out by the ambient noise. I’m looking forward to seeing the movie!
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/13/20 03:10 PM
Thank you both for listening. I will look at that 2 min mark. Band in A Box can sure get interesting when you get off the beaten path a little ways:).
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/14/20 05:57 PM
Well constructed and kept my interest. Nicely done!
Posted By: furry Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/14/20 09:13 PM
absolutely fantastic. You can really feel the chaos melting into the calm. WOW !
Posted By: MarioD Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/14/20 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: furry
absolutely fantastic. You can really feel the chaos melting into the calm. WOW !

ditto!

You made great use of the stereo spread. Everything is extremely well done. Love the whispering at the end. That adds a lot of suspense to the piece, like what is going to happen next.

A great listen in headphones for sure!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/19/20 06:24 PM
Chaos to calm is a journey I suspect many folks would to take nowadays!

We suspect that in addition to the creativity a lot of effort went into this production.

It's mesmerizing ... in a good way.

Kudos for a very cinematic intro...

J&B
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/19/20 11:03 PM
Thank you all for the good vibes. I have about 2 more chapters I think I need to write to wind this all down into ????. Oh what fun !!!!

Positive thoughts to you all and thanks for taking the time to respond. The imagination can be a powerful force with the right set of headphones on... LOL

Rick
Posted By: rayc Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/20/20 04:55 AM
Is it an overture or prologue?
It's a bit of a pity it's not mixed binaurally...that would make the headphone experience even better.
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/20/20 02:12 PM
Binaural is a bit out of my capabilities, both financial and practical, right now but I am heading in that direction. Not to get too ahead of myself but I plan on taking BIB into the virtual domain on the VR headset platform where the possibilities are almost endless. The cost of the technology used to produce product is almost within reach of the hobbyist but not quite.

Binaural sound is really mind blowing and to use Band In A Box to create a soundscape in that domain is possible with the right hardware. I'm just not there yet. And to answer your question I see my project as a overture of sorts but more of a musical\sound novel taking the listener on a obtuse journey and ending with a epilogue but it is very much a work in progress. I just want to give listeners a different experience and maybe someone will find some joy in that.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it seems we are on the same page with binaural, it is truly the next big thing.

Rick
Posted By: Al-David Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/20/20 03:47 PM
Hello Rick ...

That was a truly amazing listen. I can appreciate the time and skill you utilized to bring this together. Powerfully cinematic! Terrific use of the various ambient elements. I'm a published novelist and totally see this as a prologue to an adventure with twists and turns, intertwined with a plethora of emotions. There is an element of understated suspense, the call of anticipation, and the perfect stopping place for the intrigue to implore the listener to "turn the page" for the next chapter.

Music can usually speak to the listener in one way or another. However, some music is so compelling it envelopes your senses and cerebrally teleports them as though they were physically present at the event. This musical piece did just that for me.

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/20/20 05:49 PM
Rick,
looks like you had fun with it. Interesting composition and sound textures.
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Chris Dent Re: Music for a restless planet - 08/21/20 04:07 AM
Yep, headphones on, great listen. This is a really creative piece. I could imagine a ten minute version of that concept. Maybe I'll have to wait for chapter 2...
© PG Music Forums